New Hope Fertility Center Clinical Trial

Lyly- big congrats on twins!!!

1hope- I’m so happy about your twin girls. I would be thrilled with that outcome although I know it is highly unlikely since I’m mini.

Waiting-I’m glad you passed your glucose test.

Kitty- I love that your siggy says Sophie is kicking. I’m sorry to hear about your sick family members and hope they all have a quick recovery.

Dogpark- sorry about the itchy reaction to PIO. I hope things improve with the switch. No more painful shots! An ultrasound sounds like a great way to spend a birthday.

Jaime- I was about to congratulate you because I wasn’t sure if I had and then I read the disappointing new beta. In medicine, and especially infertility, there is ALWAYS an exception to the rule. I’m hoping you are the exception.

Kelly-I’m so sorry about the bfn. I do know in my heart that you will be holding your own baby one day. I hope that day comes soon.

Emily- I hope Tuesday’s US shows greatness. Hang in there and don’t read too much into your symptoms.

AFM-I landed but had to wait 45 min for my carryon that I was forced to check due to lack of room on the plane. I got to the train right as it pulled out and now am waiting an hour for the next one. Instead of taking 1 hour to get to manhattan it will take me 3. Oh well- great time to catch up on the forum. I’m nervous being here alone for my hysteroscopy but trying not to be. It’s my first time being put out so I think that is what in nervous about. In researching I read that some people are awake for husteroscopies and I’m actually grateful I don’t have to be.

If I missed you, good luck to everyone in whatever stage you are in. Hugs

[B]Jaime-[/B] I am pretty sure NH will want you to do another beta in 48 hours. I am sure you will be wanting one as well. I remember sleepiest1 did not double at 1st either and they made her retest but if I remember correctly she decided not to retest. Well she is still pregnant! So do not give up hope!

[B]Americanjavakitty-[/B] I hope that works for you! Geeze I am so sorry to hear your family is in and out of the hospital. I will be praying for your family and for you so you do not get overwhelmed and stressed.

[B]Kcarey-[/B] :grouphug: I am so sorry the trial did not work for you. My heart breaks for you Kelly. I will be praying for you and your DH. Maybe spending the 10k was not a total bust. Hopefully this will give your RE some insight of what to do differently. I wish you the best of luck at your RE appt. I hope you keep us updated. Just take the time to greive and have a pitty party.
I really wish my 1st RE did not tell me to do the “repair” surgery. He told me 10 grand was the cost of the surgery and 15-20 grand was the cost of his IVF. He told me since I wanted two children it would make more sense to only spend the 10 grand. Made sense to me at the time. I was 21 years old and naive to it all. He never tested my husbands sperm or anything with me. Had he ran the proper testing we would have found out we had many other fertility issues. I felt like he screwed me out of as much money as he possibly could. I think he thought well the surgery will not work and then I will get her to do IVF with me. Instead I spend 3 grand per IUI with another stupid jerk that totally overcharged. We hardly have any fertility doctors in this area so they charge an arm and a leg. I started going towards Philly and realized quickly how much better trained their REs were. They do not do the global fees likek they do locally. None of the 2 local guys were even board certified. It sounds like you have found a good place locally and I really wish the best for you! I look forward to reading about your BFP in the near future:-)

[B]Sugar-girl-[/B] Good luck with your hysteroscopy. They do put you out but you are not as under as you are for major surgeries. They do not do breathing tubes or anything like that. I felt great after mine! I really hope this does the trick for you!:cross:

[QUOTE=kcarey77]Sorry, Jamie! There is still hope though. :pray:

My beta was .5 today :frowning:
I am officially out of the study but I will be following each and every one of you to make sure you all are doing well.

Eap- I had my tubes “repaired” 3 years ago and my RE said that statistically, once tubes have been operated on they become incompetent meaning there is just too much scar tissue to get pregnant. That’s why she recommended I have a Salpingectomy. I am hopeful that we can start our next IVF cycle in August.[/QUOTE]

I’m so sorry. I will be praying for you too. I hope the next leg of your journey brings you your take home baby.

[B]Eapatounas[/B] - The finger sticking is going ok so far. I’ve only had a couple of tests that were close but still under my blood sugar goals. I feel like all I’m doing is tracking my food, when I eat, when to test, etc. My life right now feels like it’s revolving around GDM but it could be worse so no complaints. Congrats on job offer! Sounds like an excellent fit for you and for your life!

[B]Ejohnson[/B] - You’re so right that with everything on the internet there’s a good story and a bad one. Know that those measurements are very much user dependent. With mm and even cm when all you’re doing is clicking on a screen you can easily be off. I think that’s what happens when you’re measuring a day or two ahead at one appointment and then on time or behind at the next. Some techs and drs are less careful than others when taking them. Anyway, praying your US goes well Tuesday!

[B]lyly[/B] - Congrats on your twins! Very exciting news and I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!!

[B]1hope[/B] - Congrats on your twin GIRLS!! Has it hit your DH that he will be surrounded by women? :slight_smile: Maybe start adding a 2nd bathroom if you don’t have one already! lol

[B]waiting2bmum[/B] - YAY for passing your glucose screen!! Are you still on the prednisone and will you stay on the lovenox the whole time? It’s great that Dr. Chang really personalized your treatment and took a more aggresive approach. It’s frustrating not knowing if that was ‘the thing’ that made it work this time though. I’m 29weeks tomorrow. Time is starting to fly by!

[B]Dogparkdiva[/B] - Eek on your reaction!! Congrats on your last beta! It’s so nice that you’ll have your first US on your birthday!

[B]jaime[/B] - Sorry to hear you aren’t doubling as quickly as you should, but as others have mentioned that can happen with the second beta then it takes off. Praying that’s what you’ll do!

[B]Kitty[/B] - What a stressful weekend!! Heart stuff is always so scary. I hope they all feel better and you can relax.

[B]kcarey[/B] - I hated hearing that you didn’t get your bfp! I was really hoping you’d get good news yesterday. It sounds like you have a plan in place already though and I’ll bet you’ll be getting that positive soon! Hugs to you!!

[B]sugar-girl[/B] - Glad you arrived here safe, even if it wasn’t without it’s travel headaches. What day are you having your hystero?

So because LabCorp is closed on weekends, I have to have my P4 drawn today. I’m tempted to run another beta… Don’t know if I have the will power to wait for tomorrow.

[QUOTE=jaime21078]So because LabCorp is closed on weekends, I have to have my P4 drawn today. I’m tempted to run another beta… Don’t know if I have the will power to wait for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I have 0 willpower when it comes to that so I say do it!!!:woohoo:

[QUOTE=Ejohnson]I have 0 willpower when it comes to that so I say do it!!!:woohoo:[/QUOTE]

Well, I half chickened out this morning. I had an extra tube of blood drawn & put it in the fridge for later…I’m working at 6pm, so I can run it then, if I build up the nerve. On one hand, my beta may have been slow moving because of my schedule; sometimes I sleep at night, sometimes during the day or I’ve got a lazy baby who’s just slow to start. But on the other hand, our miracle is over. I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for that yet. NH wants me to test again on Wed, July 31st. I wonder if I can wait til then…

And as an added bonus, all of my family & friends know. I’ve been so open with our struggles with IF and with each treatment we’ve tried up to and including this IVF, so everyone knows of my positive test. If things don’t workout the way I’ve been praying for, I’ve got to spread the news… I’m praying for a miracle…

[quote=jaime21078]Well, I half chickened out this morning. I had an extra tube of blood drawn & put it in the fridge for later…I’m working at 6pm, so I can run it then, if I build up the nerve. On one hand, my beta may have been slow moving because of my schedule; sometimes I sleep at night, sometimes during the day or I’ve got a lazy baby who’s just slow to start. But on the other hand, our miracle is over. I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for that yet. NH wants me to test again on Wed, July 31st. I wonder if I can wait til then…

And as an added bonus, all of my family & friends know. I’ve been so open with our struggles with IF and with each treatment we’ve tried up to and including this IVF, so everyone knows of my positive test. If things don’t workout the way I’ve been praying for, I’ve got to spread the news… I’m praying for a miracle…[/quote]

I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOUR MIRACLE AS WELL, JAMIE!
I CURRENTLY DON’T KNOW OF ANYONE ELSE THAT LEFT THE STUDY WITHOUT A BABY AND I CERTAINLY DONT WANT TO SEE YOU END UP LIKE ME.
GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ALL OF US AND HIS PLAN HAD BETTER INCLUDE THIS BEING YOUR MIRACLE BABY. DON’T WORRY ABOUT TELLING PEOPLE BAD NEWS. IT’S PART OF LIFE AND I’M ROOTING FOR YOU NOT TO HAVE TO DO THAT. YOUR LO COULD JUST BE TARDY TO THE PARTY…LOL

AFM- I HAVE A CONSULT WITH DR. ZHANG THURSDAY. MY INTENTION IS NOT TO BECOME A PAYING CLIENT WITH NH, BUT MORE TO ASK WHY MY EMAILS SENT AFTER MY FIRST FAILED FET WERE IGNORED WHEN IT CLEARLY STATED IN MY FILE THAT MY TUBES WERE RECOMMEDED TO BE REMOVED PRIOR TO TREATMENT AND MATT KNEW THIS. AT V-0 I EXPLAINED TO MATT MY CONCERNS WITH THE STUDY AND MY TUBES AND HE ASSURED ME IF MY ET FAILED THEN WE WOULD “REASSESS THE TUBES” AND THEY DID NOTHING. I KNOW DR. LUK’S OPINION, NOW I WANT TO HEAR DR. ZGHANG TELL ME AS WELL THAT IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET PREGANANT MY TUBES MUST BE REMOVED.
SHAME, SHAME. JUST BECAUSE I WAS NOT A PAYING CUSTOMER IN THIS TRIAL SHOULD NOT MEAN MY VOICE WAS NOT TO BE HEARD.

I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU ALL! :pray:

I know it’s cold comfort, but there are a number of people who never got pregnant in the study. You aren’t the only one. Find the last list that Kitty posted. They’re listed as - NH Grad. + NH Grad means they got pregnant and ++ is twins.

I hope Dr Z gives you some answers! You certainly deserve them! Hugs!

[quote=kcarey77]I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOUR MIRACLE AS WELL, JAMIE!
I CURRENTLY DON’T KNOW OF ANYONE ELSE THAT LEFT THE STUDY WITHOUT A BABY AND I CERTAINLY DONT WANT TO SEE YOU END UP LIKE ME.
GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ALL OF US AND HIS PLAN HAD BETTER INCLUDE THIS BEING YOUR MIRACLE BABY. DON’T WORRY ABOUT TELLING PEOPLE BAD NEWS. IT’S PART OF LIFE AND I’M ROOTING FOR YOU NOT TO HAVE TO DO THAT. YOUR LO COULD JUST BE TARDY TO THE PARTY…LOL

AFM- I HAVE A CONSULT WITH DR. ZHANG THURSDAY. MY INTENTION IS NOT TO BECOME A PAYING CLIENT WITH NH, BUT MORE TO ASK WHY MY EMAILS SENT AFTER MY FIRST FAILED FET WERE IGNORED WHEN IT CLEARLY STATED IN MY FILE THAT MY TUBES WERE RECOMMEDED TO BE REMOVED PRIOR TO TREATMENT AND MATT KNEW THIS. AT V-0 I EXPLAINED TO MATT MY CONCERNS WITH THE STUDY AND MY TUBES AND HE ASSURED ME IF MY ET FAILED THEN WE WOULD “REASSESS THE TUBES” AND THEY DID NOTHING. I KNOW DR. LUK’S OPINION, NOW I WANT TO HEAR DR. ZGHANG TELL ME AS WELL THAT IN ORDER FOR ME TO GET PREGANANT MY TUBES MUST BE REMOVED.
SHAME, SHAME. JUST BECAUSE I WAS NOT A PAYING CUSTOMER IN THIS TRIAL SHOULD NOT MEAN MY VOICE WAS NOT TO BE HEARD.

I WILL CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU ALL! :pray:[/quote]

It’s completely understandable feeling torn like this! NH told me my first beta was 8 and the two days where I was waiting to find out if I doubled were sheer torture because I knew what such a low beta meant to the likelyhood it would go well. I didn’t know whether to have any hope. When my second came back at 165, they were still very cautious when they called with the results so I had my third done after 5 days instead of 7. I couldn’t bear the thought of waiting any longer and wanted my DH to be off to go with me for the draw and be with me when they called with the results. I can’t remember at what point I emailed them to question the accuracy of my first beta, I’d have to look back, but I eventually found out that it was mis-entered into the computer and my first was actually 68. Anyway, I know that feeling of hope and dread and how it’s nearly impossible to think of anything else when you’re filled with it.

My thought is if you do decide to test tonight, I would do a new draw because it gives you more time in between the betas, rather than use the blood from this morning. An extra 10-12 hours is a big difference.

:pray: for your miracle!

[quote=jaime21078]Well, I half chickened out this morning. I had an extra tube of blood drawn & put it in the fridge for later…I’m working at 6pm, so I can run it then, if I build up the nerve. On one hand, my beta may have been slow moving because of my schedule; sometimes I sleep at night, sometimes during the day or I’ve got a lazy baby who’s just slow to start. But on the other hand, our miracle is over. I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for that yet. NH wants me to test again on Wed, July 31st. I wonder if I can wait til then…

And as an added bonus, all of my family & friends know. I’ve been so open with our struggles with IF and with each treatment we’ve tried up to and including this IVF, so everyone knows of my positive test. If things don’t workout the way I’ve been praying for, I’ve got to spread the news… I’m praying for a miracle…[/quote]

[QUOTE=jaime21078]Well, I half chickened out this morning. I had an extra tube of blood drawn & put it in the fridge for later…I’m working at 6pm, so I can run it then, if I build up the nerve. On one hand, my beta may have been slow moving because of my schedule; sometimes I sleep at night, sometimes during the day or I’ve got a lazy baby who’s just slow to start. But on the other hand, our miracle is over. I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for that yet. NH wants me to test again on Wed, July 31st. I wonder if I can wait til then…

And as an added bonus, all of my family & friends know. I’ve been so open with our struggles with IF and with each treatment we’ve tried up to and including this IVF, so everyone knows of my positive test. If things don’t workout the way I’ve been praying for, I’ve got to spread the news… I’m praying for a miracle…[/QUOTE]

I’m in the same boat. I told everyone Bout our :bfp: so now to go back and say “oops just kidding” kinda sucks. Luckily I’ve put this whole thing in a blog so I can just say "have you read the latest blog post? When asked how things are going.

[quote=Yochana]I know it’s cold comfort, but there are a number of people who never got pregnant in the study. You aren’t the only one. Find the last list that Kitty posted. They’re listed as - NH Grad. + NH Grad means they got pregnant and ++ is twins.

I hope Dr Z gives you some answers! You certainly deserve them! Hugs![/quote]

Thank you for explaining that to me. I just assumed “NH Grad” meant they graduated by getting pregnant. I never even noticed a (-) or (+) sign. Good to know.
Good luck to you! :grouphug:

Emily- I’m sorry you have to go through this hell. I am still praying that your LO is tardy to the party too. I hope you get GREAT news tomorrow at your US appmnt. :grouphug:

Thank you for all the prayers, ladies! All of my family has finally returned home from the hospital and are feeling much better. We are now joking among ourselves with who will visit their cardiologist first-my mom or brother and a firm finger wagging will be due to the one who is slow to respond to the doctors orders. We still don’t know what caused their issues, so we do hope for answers, but are thankful for mercy and currently good health.

I know exactly how you ladies struggling with sharing disappointing news feel. My principal told the whole school that we were expecting twins, and that very evening we found out we lost one. For one glorious day, it was wonderful to have everyone congratulate me, and the next day was so very sad, but one full of support. If I had not have shared our struggle (we’ve been very open about what we have had to go through to get this little one) for me it would have been worse to hold it in. The way I see it, my precious little angel had the joy of being celebrated by all, even if for a brief time. He or she is now being held by my husband’s parents, who always wanted TONS of grandchildren, but their only son was dedicated to the military and didn’t find the perfect one-me-until after they had departed this Earth. So we can’t wait to hold one, and they are holding our other one and one day we’ll all finally get to meet!

Hugs through all of those difficult times and prayers to see you through!

Sincerely, Kitty

I have a group message going on FaceBook, hopefully if the time comes to spread bad news, that might make it a little less agonizing.

[B]Jaime-[/B] I am thinking of you. I am so sorry your beta did not double, but as others have said, not all pregnancy betas double in the standard time, some are slower and it turns out to be OK, and I hope that is just what is going on with you.

[B]Kcarey77[/B]- I am so sorry, this is heartbreaking news. My thoughts are with you. I hope that the conversation with Dr. Zhang turns out OK. It sounds like they may have dropped the ball on you and I hope they have some explanation of why. I feel like they really do want the best for us, even though we are not paying patients and it would seem that since mini IVF is Dr. Zhang’s big thing, he would want as high a success rate for the mini patients as he could get, in the end it means more patients and $ for his clinic. That being said, I do feel that they were totally overwhelmed by the influx of trial patients, didn’t have the organization necessary to handle the trial well, and I believe some people’s cycles suffered as a result, and it sounds like you might be one of the people. So I hope he gives you some answers so that your next IVF will be a success. Sending you lot’s of (((((hugs)))

[B]Ejohnson[/B]- My thoughts are with you and will be with you tomorrow, thinking positive thoughts for a HB.

[B]Kitty[/B]- Good news that everyone is home and doing OK, how scary. Glad baby is doing so well and kicking! Oh how I hope I get to feel that this pregnancy!

[B]Sugar[/B]- What a dreadful arrival into NYC! Did you have the hysteroscopy today or is it tomorrow? I can’t remember. If it was today, I hope it went well and that you are all tucked into bed and resting watching TV or feeling well enough to be out and about.

[B]Lyly500[/B]- Oh wow, congrats on TWINS!!! How exciting. Thanks for the update!

[B]1hope[/B]- A big congrats to you too on twin Girls! How exciting! I am so happy that you got your wish!

[B]Mami2B[/B]- How are you progressing? Any updates?

[B]Yochana[/B]- Right now I see my OB every week, I will probably go a couple of weeks where I don’t see anyone, but starting at something like 16 or 17 weeks I will see the high risk doctor every week for P17 shots and cervical length scans until 26 weeks probably. I am still waiting on my “plan”. Hope you are doing well, glad that so far you have been under your blood sugar goals!

[B]Eapatounas[/B]- How are you feeling? How is the spotting? Stopped I hope. Thinking of you!

**I went back many pages and I hope I didn’t miss anyone, but I probably did so I am really sorry.

AFM, everything is going fine. I actually found the baby’s HB on the dopplar the other day! I start all the 1st trimester screening stuff this week and I am super nervous since I am AMA. Waiting on those results will be super difficult. I just have to trust that this time everything is going to be fine.

[quote=Yochana]It’s completely understandable feeling torn like this! NH told me my first beta was 8 and the two days where I was waiting to find out if I doubled were sheer torture because I knew what such a low beta meant to the likelyhood it would go well. I didn’t know whether to have any hope. When my second came back at 165, they were still very cautious when they called with the results so I had my third done after 5 days instead of 7. I couldn’t bear the thought of waiting any longer and wanted my DH to be off to go with me for the draw and be with me when they called with the results. I can’t remember at what point I emailed them to question the accuracy of my first beta, I’d have to look back, but I eventually found out that it was mis-entered into the computer and my first was actually 68. Anyway, I know that feeling of hope and dread and how it’s nearly impossible to think of anything else when you’re filled with it.

My thought is if you do decide to test tonight, I would do a new draw because it gives you more time in between the betas, rather than use the blood from this morning. An extra 10-12 hours is a big difference.

:pray: for your miracle![/quote]

If I can muster up the courage, I might do just that. The later draw would give me another 10 hrs at least.

Jaime and Emily, I’m rooting for you both that both of you get the news you want to hear in the next few hours! You’ll both be in my thoughts and more.
Hugs, Hugs, and way more hugs, Kitty

[quote=AmericanJavaKitty]Jaime and Emily, I’m rooting for you both that both of you get the news you want to hear in the next few hours! You’ll both be in my thoughts and more.
Hugs, Hugs, and way more hugs, Kitty[/quote]

Thank you. It really means alot to have all of you pulling for me. I think I am gonna break down & test tonight. I just can’t stand the waiting…

[QUOTE=jaime21078]Thank you. It really means alot to have all of you pulling for me. I think I am gonna break down & test tonight. I just can’t stand the waiting…[/QUOTE]

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!! id much rather know my results on my own then wait around for nh to give them to me.

Jaime-I’m thinking about you and hope your next beta gives better results. Hugs

Kitty- I’m glad everyone is home. Enough drama for one mama.

AFM-my hysteroscopy was actually very easy. Zero cramping afterwards. I’m very relieved. I hope it does the trick.