New Hope Fertility Center Clinical Trial

Well, it took a few hours to get up the nerve to have my blood drawn & run another beta, but I did it… Here’s a rundown of all my results so far:

7/24, 9pm = 19
7/25, 5am = 21
7/26, 7am = 31
7/28, 8am = 44
7/29, 11pm = 52

They are steadily on the rise.

[quote=jaime21078]Well, it took a few hours to get up the nerve to have my blood drawn & run another beta, but I did it… Here’s a rundown of all my results so far:

7/24, 9pm = 19
7/25, 5am = 21
7/26, 7am = 31
7/28, 8am = 44
7/29, 11pm = 52

They are steadily on the rise.[/quote]

First thing I did this morning was check to see if you chickened out! It is still rising which is good. Did NH say anything about the numbers themselves? How are you feeling? :cross: that it is just a slow grower

Jaime, try not to let it stress you too much! Your numbers are good and moving in the right direction. An increase of just 60% is actually considered normal, so by your numbers, you are increasing as you should. One thing that may make you anxious is that you are seeing the unofficial betas with the official ones and that may make it more difficult to chart your actual progress, as betas are often drawn at the same time each day so many days apart. On other forums, there have been tons of ladies who have had their little ones start out really slow, but the ladies persisted once they found the embie to be in the right place. They wouldn’t give up. Their little ones often measured behind up to twelve to even as late a twenty weeks, but they always seemed to catch up and they went on to give birth to a healthy baby at a normal weight. Both you and Emily need to hold on to hope, don’t give up, and give it time for things to develop. Every pregnancy is different! Take it easy ladies! Get as much rest as possible and drink lots of non-caffeinated fluids.

Hugs and more, Kitty

[quote=sugar-girl]Jaime-I’m thinking about you and hope your next beta gives better results. Hugs

Kitty- I’m glad everyone is home. Enough drama for one mama.

AFM-my hysteroscopy was actually very easy. Zero cramping afterwards. I’m very relieved. I hope it does the trick.[/quote]

I’m glad the hystro went well. Hopefully that was all you needed to get your LO to stick next cycle :slight_smile:

[quote=jaime21078]Well, it took a few hours to get up the nerve to have my blood drawn & run another beta, but I did it… Here’s a rundown of all my results so far:

7/24, 9pm = 19
7/25, 5am = 21
7/26, 7am = 31
7/28, 8am = 44
7/29, 11pm = 52

They are steadily on the rise.[/quote]

YAY! As long as those numbers are going up and not down I think you’re in good shape, kiddo! :cheer:

[B]Jaime-[/B] congrats on an increasing beta!! The positive about you not having any tubes is the fact you know your embryo has to be in the uterus! Sounds like you just have a sleepy baby that just is off to a slow start growing. He or she will pick up the pace!:cheer:

[B]Ejohnson-[/B] Good luck today, keep us posted.:cross:

[B]Yochana-[/B] This might be a dumb question but as soon as you give birth does the GDM go away right away and does it take a while? My one co worker has diabetes and I know how difficult she has it always trying to get her sugars correct. I am trying to eat health to prevent GDM but I know its not all about that. Eating is like a chore right now. I am happy if I eat chicken noodle soup and crackers and a few hard candies at this point. Some days are better than others.

[B]kcarey-[/B] I hope you get some answers from Dr. Zhang on Thursday. I really hope your appt at your new RE goes really well. I hope to hear by Sept that you are expecting:-) Trust me I can think of at least 6-7 girls that had no luck with the trial. I remember right around x-mas time 3 girls all had no luck with the trial. Some girls never even made it past ER. None of their embryos made it to blast. Most of the other ladies only had a few embryos.

[B]AmericanJavaKitty-[/B] So glad everyone is home and doing better. Glad you guys can joke and laugh about it now!

[B]Marylander-[/B] Since I am bleeding I caved in and ordered a doppler. It should be here by next week. My husband said he now thought it was a good idea lol. My OB said around 9 weeks they can usually get the fetal heartbeat(which 6 days away). Has your doctors talked about stopping the estrace or crinone? My RE today said I can stop in 2 weeks. He said he would technically graduate me right now from his practice and release me to my fetal maternal med doctor. I see him once more next week for my final US with NH. Then I see my OB that same week. My OB does not have US in office which is annoying. My first trimester prescreening is at 12.5 weeks with the fetal maternal med doc. I hope your 1st trimester screening goes really well. What all do they do with the 1st trimester screening? If it just blood work?

[B]Sugar-girl-[/B] Congrats on a successful hysteroscopy. Any ideas on when FET will be? :pray: for success for you!

[B]AFM-[/B] Had my US this morning. HB went from 162 to 170. :cheer: Everything is measuring right on target. I have had brown blood all week long. Today I decided I wanted to go running around after the US. I went to the grocery store and bed bath and beyond and went to motherhood maternity to get a belly band bc my jeans are getting tight and I look pudgy. Well I felt moist down there and I thought well its probably just from the US gel. I got home and I had bright red blood all over my white underwear. I wiped and its just like spotting so I am assuming some of that is the gel that got mixed in with the blood(sorry if this is TMI.) I am not allowing myself to panic (completely) bc I literally just had that US and its probably my own fault for running around all morning long. I really suck at taking it easy. Maybe this is Gods way of reminding me to stop being a complete idiot.

UGH I just went to the bathroom again and I was pouring blood into the toilet. I called my RE and they said I need to have another US today. So he said to come in at 3. I just called off of work.

Question to all ladies on this forum.

Hi,
I’ve read some of this thread but there are soooo many pages :slight_smile: I was wondering if anyone here had bleeding on day 7 and 8 post their embryo transfer? I had my first IVF with two blasts transfered on 7/22 and for the past two days have had heavy bleeding. Does this mean that it’s over for me? My RE wants me to come in on Fri to do a blood preg test.

[QUOTE=eapatounas]

[B]AFM-[/B] Had my US this morning. HB went from 162 to 170. :cheer: Everything is measuring right on target. I have had brown blood all week long. Today I decided I wanted to go running around after the US. I went to the grocery store and bed bath and beyond and went to motherhood maternity to get a belly band bc my jeans are getting tight and I look pudgy. Well I felt moist down there and I thought well its probably just from the US gel. I got home and I had bright red blood all over my white underwear. I wiped and its just like spotting so I am assuming some of that is the gel that got mixed in with the blood(sorry if this is TMI.) I am not allowing myself to panic (completely) bc I literally just had that US and its probably my own fault for running around all morning long. I really suck at taking it easy. Maybe this is Gods way of reminding me to stop being a complete idiot.[/QUOTE]
Take it easy, Elizabeth!!! :wink:

[B]Jaime [/B]- I’m thinking of you and hoping we keep seeing a steady rise.

[B]AFM [/B](copied from BB board, sorry for the redundancy)
Sorry for lurking and not posting a lot lately. I haven’t felt super positive about doing a FET for the past couple of weeks because, to be honest, I’m terrified of getting pregnant and miscarrying again. We’re STILL waiting for the fetal tissue test results to decide what we’re going to do next.

I met with Matt today after my beta and ultrasound for the first time since we drew conventional. He seemed genuinely sad about what happened to us. He also seems doubtful that more extensive genetic testing for me and/or my husband will provide any answers or a different course of treatment. He also seems to think that PGD is overrated for the cost because it doesn’t mean an embryo will survive, just that it has normal chromosomes.

We both agreed that the smart thing to do is wait for the fetal test results because if they’re normal then we might have other issues to deal with. He said I’m welcome to see a reproductive immunologist in during the trial which is what Dr. Luk recommended.

Hysteroscopy is scheduled for August 9th. Hopefully by then we’ll have more information and a clearer idea of how we want to proceed.

[QUOTE=eapatounas]

[B]Marylander-[/B] Since I am bleeding I caved in and ordered a doppler. It should be here by next week. My husband said he now thought it was a good idea lol. My OB said around 9 weeks they can usually get the fetal heartbeat(which 6 days away). Has your doctors talked about stopping the estrace or crinone? My RE today said I can stop in 2 weeks. He said he would technically graduate me right now from his practice and release me to my fetal maternal med doctor. I see him once more next week for my final US with NH. Then I see my OB that same week. My OB does not have US in office which is annoying. My first trimester prescreening is at 12.5 weeks with the fetal maternal med doc. I hope your 1st trimester screening goes really well. What all do they do with the 1st trimester screening? If it just blood work?

[B]AFM-[/B] Had my US this morning. HB went from 162 to 170. :cheer: Everything is measuring right on target. I have had brown blood all week long. Today I decided I wanted to go running around after the US. I went to the grocery store and bed bath and beyond and went to motherhood maternity to get a belly band bc my jeans are getting tight and I look pudgy. Well I felt moist down there and I thought well its probably just from the US gel. I got home and I had bright red blood all over my white underwear. I wiped and its just like spotting so I am assuming some of that is the gel that got mixed in with the blood(sorry if this is TMI.) I am not allowing myself to panic (completely) bc I literally just had that US and its probably my own fault for running around all morning long. I really suck at taking it easy. Maybe this is Gods way of reminding me to stop being a complete idiot.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry you are still bleeding that it is was really bad today. I don’t want to scare you, but a lot of other women I know that had an sch were told to go on bed rest, and the seemed to help them. It is really scary. I am not your mother, but if I were I would tell you to go get in that bed, lay down and watch TV until that bleeding stops.

NH told me I should stop the estrace at my appointment there last week, so I stopped. They told me to discuss with my OB when to stop the Crinone. I will be asking them to stay on it until 16 weeks when I start P17 shots. The first trimester screening I am going to do will be the Materni21 blood test (this week) and then the NT ultrasound scan and blood work combo the following week.

Thinking of you!!

[QUOTE=jaime21078]Well, it took a few hours to get up the nerve to have my blood drawn & run another beta, but I did it… Here’s a rundown of all my results so far:

7/24, 9pm = 19
7/25, 5am = 21
7/26, 7am = 31
7/28, 8am = 44
7/29, 11pm = 52

They are steadily on the rise.[/QUOTE]

Happy to see those numbers going up!!

I agree with Marylander- Get your A$$ in that bed! You should not freak out yet but definitely update us and let us know how it goes at 3pm. I will be praying everything is fine. They did say you would bleed for a while so hopefully it’s nothing to be alarmed about.

I’m so sorry this is happening to you. I really hope baby is ok. Maybe SCH? did they look for that yet?

Everything is alright

I went to my scan today. My OB discussed everything as far as our options after what we may or may not find. At the start of the us it looked like a very big open void. He did a little digging and it was less empty. The g-sac measures 2.6cm, y-sac .37cm and the CTL was .69cm. The heart beat is 135!! My ob said he wanted to give me a hug but said it would be inappropriate (I still wasnt wearing pants) and fist bumped me and DH instead. As he was walking out he put his hand up to give me a thumbs up and gave me the finger instead. I caught him and he said “I was just so excited i couldnt control it I hoped you didnt notice.” I love my ob

[QUOTE=Ejohnson]I went to my scan today. My OB discussed everything as far as our options after what we may or may not find. At the start of the us it looked like a very big open void. He did a little digging and it was less empty. The g-sac measures 2.6cm, y-sac .37cm and the CTL was .69cm. The heart beat is 135!! My ob said he wanted to give me a hug but said it would be inappropriate (I still wasnt wearing pants) and fist bumped me and DH instead. As he was walking out he put his hand up to give me a thumbs up and gave me the finger instead. I caught him and he said “I was just so excited i couldnt control it I hoped you didnt notice.” I love my ob[/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh! I am so over the moon HAPPY for you!!! Congratulations!!!

Emily- yeah!! I had a gut feeling everything would work out. I’m glad things are on track.

Eap- I’m hoping things just got stirred up by the ultrasound. Please take it easy. I know it must be hard on a day when you are feeling fine. I hope your second ultrasound gives you some answers.

Jaime- it seems like it is rising slow and steady. It makes me think of the tortoise and the hare. The tortoise wins! Good luck-hugs

Megan-I know you have a hard decision to make. I can only imagine if you talked to 10 different doctors you would probably get 5 different options. Good luck with the hysteroscopy. I was so afraid but found it to be very easy. I think sometimes having a little makes decisions a little easier.

[B]MMP-[/B] I still cannot believe they do not have the results back yet from the fetal tissue. I honestly felt the same way you did about my next FET. I was not super excited. I kept saying please give me a BFN and not another miscarriage. I honestly felt like I could not handle another one. I mean I had 3 in a year and a half, plus I had literally just had surgery to remove an 11 week old baby boy that ruptured my tube just 3 weeks prior. I do not regret doing FET now! I just think anymore that has had a miscarriage cannot wait for the 1st trimester to be over. Its always nerve racking. I will be praying this cycle is the one that works for you!

[B]Marylander-[/B] I was reading online some doctors say full bed rest and others do not. I have noticed being in bed does help but as of right now I do not have orders to be on full bed rest.
I only have 1 1/2 weeks left of estrace. My RE said that is fine and just finish off the crinone. I think I have enough Crinone for another 2-3 weeks. Thank you for telling me what they will be doing at first trimester screening, I had no idea what they do. The nurse mentioned US so I figured I wouuld be having an US that day.

[B]Kcarey-[/B] I know I need to be in bed more often. I am going to see what NH says I should do. If I should be on full bed rest or not. If I am on full bed rest that means my entire work knows whats going on:-/

[B]Ejohnson-[/B] They confirmed SCH at 7 weeks. He made zero mention of it this AM. Congrats on an awesome US!! Wonderul news!:clap:

[B]Sugar-girl-[/B] Thank you!

[B]AFM-[/B] Baby is okay but the subchorionic hematoma got even bigger. It is now larger than the baby. I honestly did not see it during the 1st US either. I just got so excited by the heartbeat I forgot to remind him about the SCH. He said he was so focued on making sure the uterus on the right side was okay. He said I have immflamation on my right side from the surgery where he stitched up the removed tube. They need to see the SCH disappear in the next few weeks to prevent future issues. He said rest is the only way to go right now. He said zero lifting and to go home and stay in bed today. He said he thinks the lovenox isn’t helping the bleed. He said in his opinion he would take me off of it and see if it helps with the bleeding. He said he was going to forward his findings to NH and say he thought the Lovenox should be stopped. He did not say full bed rest. I think I might email NH and ask what they think. My RE lifted the sheet and said he was shocked how bad I was bleeding. I am in bed now!

Hello All!

I’m been in a conference for the last 2 days and I see I missed a lot!

eapatounas - please please rest! The most important thing right now is making sure your little bean is okay.

sugar-girl - so glad your procedure was a piece of cake!

kcarey77 - :pray: that your next cycle brings you your THB!

jaime21078 - your betas look like they are progressing nicely! :cross:

Yochana - I can’t believe NH made such a screw up of your beta. That is a HUGE difference! But I can’t say I’m surprised.

AFM - Yesterday’s scan showed 5 follies ranging from 11-13. Dr. Chang increased Gonal F to 150 and I’m back tomorrow. I look about 3 months pregnant so I know there’s definitely some growth going on! I’m thinking I might trigger tomorrow night w/ER on Friday.

Elizabeth - I am sorry you are still bleeding. I pray and hope you take it easy and rest as much as you can. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Kitty - I am glad your family is feeling better. Its good to hear Sophie is doing great!

Sugar - Second time is a charm. Just know August is your month.

Marylander - Congrats for graduating from NH. I am sure you will miss those 3hr train trips :slight_smile:

Kelly - I am sorry the NH trial did not work. I noticed the quotes you are getting from local RE are reasonable especially for conventional. I pray that you get pregnant soon.

Emily - Thank God everything is well. Enjoy your vacation.

Jaime - Congrats! Good to see the beta numbers are going up.

lyly500 and 1hope1dream - Congrats! I love twins

Yochana - Good to hear everything is going well.

Mami2be - I hope you get more eggs!

I know I missed some peeps and I am sorry I am still trying to catch up with everyone. I know we are all going to have our babies.

AFM - I have been MIA. July has been a hard month for me. I thought my cycle was going to get cancelled. I had an issue with my lining. I went for US on 7/17 and it was down from 6.7 to 6 mm (but triple layer). I don’t know why since I was on estrace for over 30 days.

NH went ahead and schedule my FET for 7/23 @ 12:30pm. During FET Dr Chang told me my lining was not the best but I still had a 60% chance. He also mentioned my uterus was S shaped and that may be the main reason for our unexplained infertility. He recommended hysteroscopy if this cycle failed. He also mentioned this was the first time he had to do a transfer with a 6 mm lining but since I had 12 embryos it was worth a try. I am glad he was honest with me.

The nurse did not give me the hcg injection after my fet since my estrogen was 2870 on 7/17. I had BW after FET and my E2 was 195 and P4 was only 10.
My beta today was 185. I guess I am officially :preg:I go back for 2nd beta on 8/1.

Thank you all for your support.

I’m sooooo relieved!! I’ve been thinking about you alot the last two days & praying that all would be well at your u/s. I’m so happy for you!!