New Hope Fertility Center Clinical Trial

[quote=eapatounas][B]MMP-[/B] I still cannot believe they do not have the results back yet from the fetal tissue. I honestly felt the same way you did about my next FET. I was not super excited. I kept saying please give me a BFN and not another miscarriage. I honestly felt like I could not handle another one. I mean I had 3 in a year and a half, plus I had literally just had surgery to remove an 11 week old baby boy that ruptured my tube just 3 weeks prior. I do not regret doing FET now! I just think anymore that has had a miscarriage cannot wait for the 1st trimester to be over. Its always nerve racking. I will be praying this cycle is the one that works for you!

[B]Marylander-[/B] I was reading online some doctors say full bed rest and others do not. I have noticed being in bed does help but as of right now I do not have orders to be on full bed rest.
I only have 1 1/2 weeks left of estrace. My RE said that is fine and just finish off the crinone. I think I have enough Crinone for another 2-3 weeks. Thank you for telling me what they will be doing at first trimester screening, I had no idea what they do. The nurse mentioned US so I figured I wouuld be having an US that day.

[B]Kcarey-[/B] I know I need to be in bed more often. I am going to see what NH says I should do. If I should be on full bed rest or not. If I am on full bed rest that means my entire work knows whats going on:-/

[B]Ejohnson-[/B] They confirmed SCH at 7 weeks. He made zero mention of it this AM. Congrats on an awesome US!! Wonderul news!:clap:

[B]Sugar-girl-[/B] Thank you!

[B]AFM-[/B] Baby is okay but the subchorionic hematoma got even bigger. It is now larger than the baby. I honestly did not see it during the 1st US either. I just got so excited by the heartbeat I forgot to remind him about the SCH. He said he was so focued on making sure the uterus on the right side was okay. He said I have immflamation on my right side from the surgery where he stitched up the removed tube. They need to see the SCH disappear in the next few weeks to prevent future issues. He said rest is the only way to go right now. He said zero lifting and to go home and stay in bed today. He said he thinks the lovenox isn’t helping the bleed. He said in his opinion he would take me off of it and see if it helps with the bleeding. He said he was going to forward his findings to NH and say he thought the Lovenox should be stopped. He did not say full bed rest. I think I might email NH and ask what they think. My RE lifted the sheet and said he was shocked how bad I was bleeding. I am in bed now![/quote]

I’m with Marylander & Kelly, stay in bed!! The 2 most important things right now is yours and your baby’s health. Who cares if your work knows, they’re gonna find out eventually anyway. I know it’s hard to be on bed rest, but if it means a healthy mom & baby, it’s worth every boring minute!

[quote=Zoey1983]Elizabeth - I am sorry you are still bleeding. I pray and hope you take it easy and rest as much as you can. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Kitty - I am glad your family is feeling better. Its good to hear Sophie is doing great!

Sugar - Second time is a charm. Just know August is your month.

Marylander - Congrats for graduating from NH. I am sure you will miss those 3hr train trips :slight_smile:

Kelly - I am sorry the NH trial did not work. I noticed the quotes you are getting from local RE are reasonable especially for conventional. I pray that you get pregnant soon.

Emily - Thank God everything is well. Enjoy your vacation.

Jaime - Congrats! Good to see the beta numbers are going up.

lyly500 and 1hope1dream - Congrats! I love twins

Yochana - Good to hear everything is going well.

Mami2be - I hope you get more eggs!

I know I missed some peeps and I am sorry I am still trying to catch up with everyone. I know we are all going to have our babies.

AFM - I have been MIA. July has been a hard month for me. I thought my cycle was going to get cancelled. I had an issue with my lining. I went for US on 7/17 and it was down from 6.7 to 6 mm (but triple layer). I don’t know why since I was on estrace for over 30 days.

NH went ahead and schedule my FET for 7/23 @ 12:30pm. During FET Dr Chang told me my lining was not the best but I still had a 60% chance. He also mentioned my uterus was S shaped and that may be the main reason for our unexplained infertility. He recommended hysteroscopy if this cycle failed. He also mentioned this was the first time he had to do a transfer with a 6 mm lining but since I had 12 embryos it was worth a try. I am glad he was honest with me.

The nurse did not give me the hcg injection after my fet since my estrogen was 2870 on 7/17. I had BW after FET and my E2 was 195 and P4 was only 10.
My beta today was 185. I guess I am officially :preg:I go back for 2nd beta on 8/1.

Thank you all for your support.[/quote]

Congrats!! That’s an awesome 1st beta! I’m super jealous, lol!! :cross: For another great beta on Thursday!

[QUOTE=Zoey1983]Elizabeth - I am sorry you are still bleeding. I pray and hope you take it easy and rest as much as you can. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Kitty - I am glad your family is feeling better. Its good to hear Sophie is doing great!

Sugar - Second time is a charm. Just know August is your month.

Marylander - Congrats for graduating from NH. I am sure you will miss those 3hr train trips :slight_smile:

Kelly - I am sorry the NH trial did not work. I noticed the quotes you are getting from local RE are reasonable especially for conventional. I pray that you get pregnant soon.

Emily - Thank God everything is well. Enjoy your vacation.

Jaime - Congrats! Good to see the beta numbers are going up.

lyly500 and 1hope1dream - Congrats! I love twins

Yochana - Good to hear everything is going well.

Mami2be - I hope you get more eggs!

I know I missed some peeps and I am sorry I am still trying to catch up with everyone. I know we are all going to have our babies.

AFM - I have been MIA. July has been a hard month for me. I thought my cycle was going to get cancelled. I had an issue with my lining. I went for US on 7/17 and it was down from 6.7 to 6 mm (but triple layer). I don’t know why since I was on estrace for over 30 days.

NH went ahead and schedule my FET for 7/23 @ 12:30pm. During FET Dr Chang told me my lining was not the best but I still had a 60% chance. He also mentioned my uterus was S shaped and that may be the main reason for our unexplained infertility. He recommended hysteroscopy if this cycle failed. He also mentioned this was the first time he had to do a transfer with a 6 mm lining but since I had 12 embryos it was worth a try. I am glad he was honest with me.

The nurse did not give me the hcg injection after my fet since my estrogen was 2870 on 7/17. I had BW after FET and my E2 was 195 and P4 was only 10.
My beta today was 185. I guess I am officially :preg:I go back for 2nd beta on 8/1.

Thank you all for your support.[/QUOTE]

Thank you and CONGRATS on such a high beta! Another amazing success story. I just love reading these. Wishing you a H&H 9 months!

[B]Miami2B[/B] - 5 follies is great! I’m hoping for a successful ER!!!

[B]Emily[/B] - Time to update your signature!!!

[B]AFM[/B] - I want to thank all of you for all your support and kind words of encouragement. Sugar, I especially liked your tortoise & the hare reference. I literally laughed out loud! NH has warned me that this might not be a viable pregnancy. They want another beta drawn tomorrow morning (7/31). If my beta drops, we all know what that means… But if they rise, I don’t care if they double or not, I’m not going to give up on this pregnancy. I hope NH doesn’t try to suggest that I do. As long as my beta is rising, I will wait for an u/s to show what exactly is going on in there.

[B]sugar-girl[/B] - Glad you had an easy time with your hysteroscopy!

[B]jaime[/B] - Yay for your numbers going up!! :pray: it continues! So happy for you!

[B]eapatounas[/B] - I’m so glad your bleeding was still your SCH! I hope you can relax physically and mentally. I wonder what NH will say about the lovenox. Is there anyway they could at least lower your dose?

As for your q on GDM, it typically goes away as soon as you deliver the placenta. hPL is the hormone that causes the insulin resistence and it only has a half life of 15 minutes. Unfortunately you can eat well and exercise to control it, but still may not help you pass the test. As the GDM nurse told me, both the screen and 3 hour test is about giving your body an unnatural amount of glucose to see how your body handles it in an effort to see how your body will handle your glucose levels later on. hPL production rises very sharply during the 3rd tri and so your insulin levels need to rise with it to move the glucose out of your blood.

I was a pretty healthy eater in my 2nd tri. I know all about eating feeling like a chore though. My first 3 months of barely being able to keep anything down and now my last 3 months are all about eating more than I ever thought I physically could. It’s insane how much I have to eat now. 3 meals and 3 snacks and have to get 200+ carbs with the right amount of protein and fat. I’m basically eating (a lot) every 2-3 hours and I am NEVER not eating long enough to actually get hungry on my own. It’s a bit miserable, but #firstworldproblems, so whaddayagonnado. I most definitely wasn’t getting enough carbs before I got my diagnosis.

[B]MMP[/B] - I think it’s really smart to wait for your results before you make the next move. Are you going to talk to an RI?

[B]Ejohnson[/B] - Excellent news!! So glad your LO proved him wrong! 10mm of growth in 6 days for the gsac is amazing.

[B]Marylander[/B] - Yay for getting the HB on the doppler! The first tri screening is scary and exciting at the same time. It’s really amazing seeing all of the different parts on the NT scan. I can’t wait to hear how happy you are when you see how healthy your LO is! I bet you’re eager to get your ‘plan’ from your mfm doc.

[B]Mami[/B] - Grow follies grow! Hope your next round of monitoring goes well! I hope we raised enough of a stink about them screwing up my beta that no one else goes through that. It was very much human error and they needed a policy in place to double check when values are indeterminate. (They consider <5 bfn and 10> bfp… when you fall in the middle, it should be rechecked, retested, whatever. What if a beta was 49 and they only entered the 4? They could say stop the meds and who knows… for some women being on the E2 and P4 can mean the difference of the pregnancy continuing or not. It’s scary to think about when errors like that can be so easily prevented.)

[B]Zoey[/B] - CONGRATS on being :preg: !! That’s a great beta! Did they transfer one or two? Sorry you had problems earlier in the cycle but I’m so happy for you!

[QUOTE=AmericanJavaKitty]Ladies, I have posted the current list. Please let me know if I need to make any corrections, especially our new ladies, Sarge’s Wife and Made In NY, I need to know where your home state is. You can PM me if you like!

Many hugs and prayers for upcoming ERs, ETs, upcoming Betas, and healthy pregnancies for those expecting.

Sincerely, Kitty[/QUOTE]

Kitty - thanks for posting the updated list and sorry to have been MIA lately. I live in pittsburgh PA.

I’ve been catching up on all of your news tonight as we plan for our first FET Monday or Tuesday. I’ll start progesterone tomorrow. I’m so anxious to get the show on the road! It’s seemed like this has been dragging on and on and lack of communication/bad info from NH has been so frustrating as I’m sure you all know.

I’m on day 30 or so of this cycle but they were waiting and waiting for estrogen to be >250. Anyone else take so long? I feel like that’s not normal but they’ve assured me that since I’ve been taking esstrace the actual cycle days don’t matter anymore. I’ll have BW Saturday to check progesterone and determine whether we will do FET Monday or Tuesday. :cross:

How will I know if and when I’ve ovulated? Or will that even matter?

Thanks for always having all the answers… And being so much easier to get in touch with than the NH crew!!

[quote=MadeInNY]Kitty - thanks for posting the updated list and sorry to have been MIA lately. I live in pittsburgh PA.

I’ve been catching up on all of your news tonight as we plan for our first FET Monday or Tuesday. I’ll start progesterone tomorrow. I’m so anxious to get the show on the road! It’s seemed like this has been dragging on and on and lack of communication/bad info from NH has been so frustrating as I’m sure you all know.

I’m on day 30 or so of this cycle but they were waiting and waiting for estrogen to be >250. Anyone else take so long? I feel like that’s not normal but they’ve assured me that since I’ve been taking esstrace the actual cycle days don’t matter anymore. I’ll have BW Saturday to check progesterone and determine whether we will do FET Monday or Tuesday. :cross:

Thanks for always having all the answers… And being so much easier to get in touch with than the NH crew!![/quote]

Estrace does slow your cycle down, so NH is right about that. They try to plan your FET 5 days after ovulation, but that’s not essential. Before you know it you’ll be PUPO!!

Does anyone know if NH offers discounts to trial patients who become paying patients?

[quote=jaime21078]Well, it took a few hours to get up the nerve to have my blood drawn & run another beta, but I did it… Here’s a rundown of all my results so far:

7/24, 9pm = 19
7/25, 5am = 21
7/26, 7am = 31
7/28, 8am = 44
7/29, 11pm = 52

They are steadily on the rise.[/quote]

Come On! little snuggley one!! keep going up!

In true NH style I’ve heard both. I’ve heard people get “grandfathered in” to rates from when they started the trial and I’ve heard people get discounts and I’ve heard people get charged full price.
Another one to look at price wise is CNY Fertility. Not that I’m counting you out on this one I just don’t want to forget to mention it. CNY is where we were going to go before finding the trial. But they have 3 locations - I’ve heard great things about the Albany doctor (which is where we would have gone), 50/50 thoughts on the Syracuse doctor and founder (he seems a little too earthy for me in this situation) but I never looked in to the Rochester office and who is there.

But I truely hope that you don’t need to go anywhere else! And you just have a lazy embie in there LOL :slight_smile: :grouphug:

I took estrace for 32 days before transfer. My estrogen was 195 on the day of FET.

I know how it feels to be on that blue/green pill for that long. The estrace also helps with the lining. You can also ask them how thick is your lining. Maybe that is the main reason they are keeping you on the medication to build a thicker lining.

Good luck

[QUOTE=MadeInNY]Kitty - thanks for posting the updated list and sorry to have been MIA lately. I live in pittsburgh PA.

Thanks for always having all the answers… And being so much easier to get in touch with than the NH crew!![/QUOTE]

Congratulations on being :preg: !!!

[QUOTE=Zoey1983]

The only discount you get is a free consultation with Dr. Zhang! LMAO! What a joke.
You pay per procedure, this is what I got from billing on Monday:
ER- $1,000
Fertilization: $1,200
Embryo Freezing: $1,000
Fresh ET: $1,200
FET: $2,400
Monitoring $800/mth or $200/visit
LPS (Luteal Phase ER): $350

This does not include meds, storage fees, sperm freezing, PGD/PGS, GA.
So, for mini it’s about $3,400.
My RE offers is for $3,100 in Orlando so NH is not an option for me anymore. I added up my cost for the study on travel alone (hotel and airfare only) and it was over $6,000! That’s where all my **** money went!

I hope and pray you don’t need these figures but since I just got them, I thought I’d share. :grouphug:

[QUOTE=kcarey77]The only discount you get is a free consultation with Dr. Zhang! LMAO! What a joke.
ER- $1,000

[/QUOTE]

I am a paying customer and you are correct with the costs, except my consult was not free, probably because he did a baseline scan. The PGD is an additional $5,000: $2500 for NH to biopsy the embies (up to 8 incl.) and $2500 for Reprogenetics to test. With the mini my meds where covered as I’m was only using Clomid and Femara. I still have a ton of Gonal left over from my conventional cycles so now that I’m using it, I didn’t have to buy more.

AFM - today’s check up was quite interesting. My 5 follies range from 13-17 and there were a few small ones that popped up on the right that measured 10. Dr. Chang and Dr. Zhang seem to disagree as to what to do next.

Zhang says to stop Gonal and do clomid only, Chang wants to try and get the other ones to grow with more Gonal. Me and the tech basically just stood there while they talked. I’m still confused as to what the heck to do, they basically left it to waiting on my b/w results. To be continued…

[QUOTE=kcarey77]The only discount you get is a free consultation with Dr. Zhang! LMAO! What a joke.
ER- $1,000

My RE offers is for $3,100 in Orlando so NH is not an option for me anymore. I added up my cost for the study on travel alone (hotel and airfare only) and it was over $6,000! That’s where all my **** money went!

I hope and pray you don’t need these figures but since I just got them, I thought I’d share. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]
Very interesting. I’ve looked at the costs on their site and it appears to be quite different from what you were quoted: http://www.newhopefertility.com/?topic=ivf-financial-information-low-cost-ivf
I don’t see why they don’t show the difference in cost between typical mini cycles and typical conventional cycles.

[QUOTE=Zoey1983]

Congratulations, Zoey!!! :woohoo: :clap: :cheer:

ER- $1,000

I hope and pray you don’t need these figures but since I just got them, I thought I’d share. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

I can see why that would be un-affordable coming from such a distance. I am so sorry. Please remember to deduct all those expenses on your tax return this year if you can. For me, that would be about a $9,000 savings, the clinic by me is $10-12,000 per IVF cycle plus meds, so its good to know this info just in case.

Do you think you will be going to your clinic in Orlando? Did you have the WTF appointment with Dr. Zhang yet?

<3

[quote=MMP15]Very interesting. I’ve looked at the costs on their site and it appears to be quite different from what you were quoted: http://www.newhopefertility.com/?topic=ivf-financial-information-low-cost-ivf
I don’t see why they don’t show the difference in cost between typical mini cycles and typical conventional cycles.[/quote]

When I inquired, I only asked about the cost for mini IVF. Tania called me and said the costs were broken down and emailed me the cost sheet from the Billing Dept. She said as a Trial patient, I got a free consult but that was it. No discounts on treatment. I wasn’t looking for discounts but I did want to compare their prices to clinics in Florida. Mini didn’t work well for me at NH so I’m probably going to spend a few thousand more and just do conventional. I hate to go through the drugs, ER and FET more than I need to. Besides, this will be our first child, I need reserves for more babies! :wink:
I hope you all are doing great!
:af: arrived today so I am excited to start my next cycle. We may just TTC naturally this month until we start IVF. I have an idea as to who my new RE will be. The money will require 3 more closings which are already on the books so we can pay for it in a couple weeks. We are going to go broke but it is what it is.

[quote=Marylander24]I can see why that would be un-affordable coming from such a distance. I am so sorry. Please remember to deduct all those expenses on your tax return this year if you can. For me, that would be about a $9,000 savings, the clinic by me is $10-12,000 per IVF cycle plus meds, so its good to know this info just in case.

Do you think you will be going to your clinic in Orlando? Did you have the WTF appointment with Dr. Zhang yet?

<3[/quote]

LMAO! No, he is supposed to call me tomorrow after 3pm. I am dying to hear what he suggests I do with my tubes if I do IVF with them as a paying client. I have no intentions on it but would love to hear his professional opinion on my tubes. I do have another consult next Thursday which is the route I will likely take. My current RE (prior to NH) charges $9,900 just for conv IVF treatment with no guarantee of a THB. So, if I decide to do a mini cycle I will use her, but for an extra $3K I can go conv with all subsequent cycles free (*$750) if we don’t take home our baby. That sounds like one hell-of-a-deal!
I kept receipts for every dime spent on this study. However, do you (or anyone else) know if we can deduct the cost incurred for free treatment? Being that it was a free service and we did not pay for treatment? I’m going to do my best to deduct it but I’m wondering if it will be accepted by the IRS as a medical cost for infertility.

Based on what my husband and I have researched, you can deduct anything over 10% of your annual income (AGI)-that’s the part that actually goes over, not the 10% that leads up to it. Travel and lodging can be included, food cannot. Last year it was 7 and 1/2 percent so they have increased it and made it a bit harder this year. I hope this helps!

Sincerely, Kitty

As for me, I went to school for the first time today and was informed that the numbers for grade levels have changed. The new teacher will be a fourth grade teacher (she was in fifth grade with us) and since I am the last teacher in Fifth Grade by hall placement, and my office is shared with a fourth grade teacher, I was informed we will need to switch rooms!!! No pressure! Students show up in seven days! Thank goodness I picked tomorrow to be the day to have my DH and best friend come in with me to get things organized! The janitors will have to help, of course, but we should have it done by tomorrow. Wish us luck! Back to work I go! But this year, I’ll have a maternity leave, so I’m really excited!

Hugs, Kitty!

[QUOTE=AmericanJavaKitty]Based on what my husband and I have researched, you can deduct anything over 10% of your annual income (AGI)-that’s the part that actually goes over, not the 10% that leads up to it. Travel and lodging can be included, food cannot. Last year it was 7 and 1/2 percent so they have increased it and made it a bit harder this year. I hope this helps!

Sincerely, Kitty

As for me, I went to school for the first time today and was informed that the numbers for grade levels have changed. The new teacher will be a fourth grade teacher (she was in fifth grade with us) and since I am the last teacher in Fifth Grade by hall placement, and my office is shared with a fourth grade teacher, I was informed we will need to switch rooms!!! No pressure! Students show up in seven days! Thank goodness I picked tomorrow to be the day to have my DH and best friend come in with me to get things organized! The janitors will have to help, of course, but we should have it done by tomorrow. Wish us luck! Back to work I go! But this year, I’ll have a maternity leave, so I’m really excited!

Hugs, Kitty![/QUOTE]

I read that in the article on the study in TIME Magazine and everyone who commented on it said half of the facts stated were incorrect. 10% was one of them. They said Obama is wanting to raise it from 7.5% to 10% but it not come to fruition yet. I hope those people are right. It’s not fair that us suffering from this disease of IF should have to spend more money just to write it off. That’s BS if it is true. :frowning:
And, after my next IVF I will have spend 20K on infertility treatments so I think after all my business deductions I should meet the 10%. Thank God!