New Hope Fertility Center Clinical Trial

[QUOTE=AmericanJavaKitty]Moving my classroom was NOT fun today, and it is only halfway done! GOD BLESS my DH because he seriously hauled rear to move all of my desks, chairs, and reading table. It was total hooey that janitors would help. Got some help, but not enough. Still have much more to do, but will have to go it alone, because this weekend is tax free weekend and he has to work all weekend and tomorrow. He’s a saint and had done too much already. He even hurt himself in the move (his leg) and I felt terrible. There’s more miserableness in the whole thing, but we’re just going to try to make the best of it and work it one day at a time.

Eapatounas, I totally understand how you feel. After losing one, it is hard to hope for the best, you kind of fear getting hurt. But you will make it through this, and when your little one starts moving in a few months and you can feel them you will feel a whole lot better! I hate to be bossy, but you need to TELL the people you care about. I’m talking family and very close non-blabber mouth friends. They can help with phone calls, visits, food, and cleaning until you feel better AND get the O.K. from the doc to be active again. Today a bunch of teachers descended on my room to move bunches of stuff and it is hard to express how thankful you are when someone comes to your aid just when you need it and feel so overwhelmed. We didn’t know they were going to do it. We just got there and found like all this stuff already switched between classes and we were thankful. However, you can say thanks, but it just doesn’t seem like enough. I know how you feel, as my DH and I are just like your DH and accepting help and especially asking for it isn’t something that we like to do either! But now is the time to send up the white flag and let your family care for you in the ways that will help you most. When you get better, you can return the favor!

Jaime, hope is a powerful thing, so don’t give up and quit testing!!! Let NH do their job because you are really adding a lot of stress to your plate by getting all of these numbers that show smaller gains because they are closer together than a normal beta would be. I’d say to try to cut back a little on work, put your feet up, and relax and just envision all the wonderful things you will do with your little one. That is what helped to hold me through my first month, I wouldn’t let negative thoughts take hold. I’d only let myself think of all the most wonderful things I looked forward to doing with my child and it really seemed to relax me and have a positive effect overall. It is so hard to, but try to cut back on your stress in any way you can.

Lots of hugs to all!

Sincerely, an exhausted Kitty![/QUOTE]

Kitty, thanks so much for the encouragement. I’m doing my best to remain hopeful & positive. I’ve taken some time off til Wednesday. So even if wanted to I won’t be able to run any tests. So I’m just praying for an increased beta on Monday!

It was so nice that the other teachers pitched in to help you with your move. Hope your DH’s leg is feeling better!

Thanks bunches, ladies! I got more help today from the teenage son of the secretary. He was awesome and helped me to clear out unneccessary books that were overstocked since I had all the old fifth grade teacher’s books, the office I’m moving into, and getting my office from my old room. I have one third of the class to go-all the books in the cubbies and two rows of shelves for storage. I hope I can get it all done by Monday, cause I don’t think they will let us in over the weekend. Pity, but it will be a nice break!

Jaime I’m so glad you are resting! Wish we lived closer, cause I’d be visiting too!

Glad to hear of so many graduates! Can’t wait to update you on the list, and need to do so this weekend before I go back to school.

Hugs to all, Kitty

Kitty-I’m glad you are getting lots of help but I’m sure it’s still a ton of work. Good luck getting everything done.

Jaime-I’m sorry your little one is putting you through so much stress. I hope the next beta gives better results. Is it minday or wednesday? I think the fact that your beta is low but is still rising is a positive sign. I’m sure your hubby is hurting and stressed too so he doesn’t want the added stress of more betas. Lots of hugs. Hang in there

Eap-my mom always told me how she lived every minute of her pregnancies even when she had to be on bed rest at the end. I think it’s unusual to feel that way and not be stressed or depressed. Even so, it is probably beneficial to find a way to be at ease with the situation. It will help both you and your baby out. Download some meditation apps, or start a crafty project. This is your time to ask close friends and family for help. I’m sure they will be happy to do it because they love you. Everything you’re having to go through now, you’re doing to help your baby out. You can do this! It seems like a normal response to be a little detached from your pregnancy. You’ve been through a lot and it’s normal to try to protect your emotions.

Marylander-I’m glad you got to see your little one unexpected. I haven’t focused too much on what goes on once I may actually get pregnant because I’ve been too consumed with just trying to get pregnant. I like knowing that I will have a team of experts to ask what to expect when my turn comes. How have you been feeling so far?

Everyone else- I’m sorry I don’t have personals for everyone. I only have my phone here and it’s hard to keep up without taking notes. I appreciate all the support that has come my way and wish you all the best in whatever stage you are in. I know there has been to good news on here too lately and I’m sending a big CONGRATS to those that have had such good news.

I’m glad to see everyone progressing well. I hope to see lot of positive updates in the next few months. :flower:

I have a question- I am having some type of reaction on my body and I think it may be to the PIO. They are tiny red bumps (almost little blisters) all over my neck, chest, stomach, thighs, legs and back. They are tiny and d not itch but I cant put my finger on what they are or where they came from. I took some photos this morning and I’m going to email them to NH to see if it’s an allergic reaction. If it is, I just may have found my first allergy ever!

Eap - How are you doing? How is bed rest going? Thinking of you momma! xo

Kelly - That’s a little scary! When did you stop the PIO? Could it be anything else? I too use to have 0 allergies! None! Then I took Bactrim (which I have taken my entire life) and broke out in teeny bumps every where! My eyes were red and itched a little and my throat was scratchy… but I also used a new eye make up remover. . So that is what I correlated it with. So a month or so later I took the Bactrim again and low and behold I had all of the same symptoms x10!! My throat started to swell and off to the ER I went! But it is crazy how nothing can turn into that as we age… hopefully you will get some answers!

Heard baby’s hb!!

I forgot to mention that we bought a Sonoline B fetal monitor… and I can’t even believe it, but we heard the baby’s heart beat this morning!! I figured that I would test it out since I had just opened it so I heard mine first… A measly 74… then slid it down a little and bam! That rapid little woosh woosh woosh! DH and I were in shock! It ranged from 167-173! Most beautiful sound ever! & I have to say, I would now HIGHLY recommend one for intermittent use! :slight_smile:

Awesome! What a miracle it is to create a human life inside you. You are blessed and I’m so happy for you after all you’ve gone through.
Oksana emailed me and said she didn’t think it was related to the PIO or else I would have broken out sooner, not a couple days later. However, I truly just noticed it as it is getting worse each day. I have never seen anything like it before and everyone on the internet shows PIO reactions were more like big red blotches, not little bumps. I will ask my Dr. next week what he thinks it is and let him know what meds NH had me on. This is the advise from Oksana at NH.

It’s been quiet this weekend on here. I hope you’re all doing great! I have a two friends that go to Fertility Care where I am going to do my next cycle and her ER is tomorrow! I’m so excited for her. She has 19 good follies and this will be her first baby if it works!
She also said her RE prescribed her a pill called Cabergoline which she takes the day of trigger and it prevents OHSS! Pure genius! Wonder why NH didn’t do this.

I hope all you ladies are doing well!

[B]Kcarey-[/B] Thankfully Dr. Zhang called you and stayed true to his word. It sounded like your 1st embryo was not the best quality. I just really hope you get lots of eggs with your new RE and have a ton of great quality embryos that make it to blast. Do you think you will try transferring more than 1? Be careful with allergies. I am allergic to peanuts and I was not always. I was 15 and spend most of the summer at my friends house and her mom made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I ate it and went home feeling itchy. A few days later I had another and I got sorta swollen and hives and itchy. Well then I had another and my throat closed and I could not breath and had to be rushed to the ER. If you even think its the PIO shots I would not use them in the future.

[B]mami2b-[/B] That is good that Dr. Chang won hopefully that means more eggs! Did you have ER yet?

[B]Zoey-[/B] Yes I just do not want to announce and then a week later have to be like nope not pregnant anymore! I really wonder if you have two cooking in your belly right now. I am excited for your US in a few weeks!

[B]ALB-[/B] Wow they are graduating us quick lately. Some days I fit perfectly fine into my jeans and other days I bloat really bad and they are uncomfortable. I went and tried on and bought a pair of maternity jeans. Lets just say they are so comfortable! I think when I am not pregnant I will wear them. Its like pajama jeans! I was shocked motherhood maternity had petite clothing. The jeans fit my short little stumps perfectly.
My NT scan is at 12.5 weeks which is the last week in Aug. We decided Labor day will be our announcement to the world. Unless I chicken out. I wussed out on telling my brother yesterday. I am going to attempt to tell my brothers on Wednesday when we go out for dinner. My older brother is only in town that day so I gotta bite the bullet and tell him.
That is adorable about your DH. He is so excited and its really cute! I actually just got FB bc of my extra time I have. It has been nice reconnecting with some long lost friends. So people I was not super excited about found me on FB but when I had FB prior you could not block them in your feed. Now I just block them and its like they never reappeared into my life! I forgot ultrasounds come in any other form besides vaginal! I cannot wait for the last vaginal US on Tuesday!!

[B]Jaime-[/B] Good luck tomorrow! I will cross every part of my body that is able to be crossed!

[B]Americanjavakitty-[/B] I know we need to start telling more close family in order to get help and support. I do not know why but when I try to tell them I just freeze up. I cannot say the words I am pregnant! I do not know what the heck is wrong with me! I told my husband he has no choice in the matter and we are going to be expecting help! He did not fight with me on this one! Do you have any days to relax before school starts back up now that the rooms are moved?

[B]Marylander-[/B] I cannot wait for my appt at Penn. I feel like I have been waiting forever for this appt! Sounds like you are starting to get a little baby bump already! I got maternity jeans the other day and they are the most comfortable thing in the entire world. I think I might just wear them all the time pregnant or not!
I am glad you got a surprise US! Are you going to be doing an early gender scan? I was hoping at 12.5 weeks they could give me a good guess lol. My friend at 13 weeks found out it was a boy. I mean he was all boy and even an untrained eye like myself saw a twig and 2 berries.

[B]Sugar-girl-[/B] Me and my scrap book have been having some good quality time together! I have been trying to keep my mind busy. I finally just started this Genetix job which I can do at home so its been nice to have other human interaction over the phone. How are things going with you any word on the FET?

[B]AFM-[/B] So we decided to tell my husbands grandparents last night. Simply because they are having a corn roast next weekend which just my husband was going to we attend. However now that I am on bed rest and I had gotten my dad concert tickets for fathers day for an all day outdoor concert which now my husband has to take my father to. Well we told them and at 1st they were thrilled. Then it took an ugly bad turn. They were very very upset that we were picking a concert over their corn roast. She said I told you guys about the corn roast with plenty of time in advance (which is 2 d*mn weeks.) I told her I was sorry but this concert was booked back in March for fathers day for my dad. She said well can’t you find someone else to take your father. I said to her well it was a fathers day gift part of the gift is bonding and spending time together. Then they went on to tell us how they were so happy about the pregnancy but they disagreed with IVF and its not what God wants. I seriously never felt the urge to knock an old person out until yesterday. I thought I am getting a shirt for my baby to wear every time they are around them that says I am Gods creation through IVF. Maybe its the hormones but I felt pretty crappy after leaving their house and it has really made me not want to tell anyone else. They said call us if you want any help like meals or anything at all. Out of anger I just said nope we are good everything is under control. I thought you mean old lady give me back my I love my great grandparents bib! Sorry for the rant but that really upset me!

I started this Genetix job which I can do from home in bed. So that has been amazing to have human interaction and not just dog interaction.

I have been having a terrible time sleeping. My pain at night is so much worse. The ride side cramping and leg pain has been terrible. They told me its normal with SCH and having a tube removed 11 weeks ago and being 9 weeks pregnant. Tuesday they said they want to check my appendix just to be on the safe side. Right now I am averaging about 4-6 hours of broken sleep.

I also got my doppler yesterday and have had zero luck finding a HB. I have an OB appt Monday so I think I might bring it along. I have watched a ton of you tube videos. I just have no luck!

I also have become good friends with Red box. I am not a movie watcher what so ever. I have the attention span of a 4 year old. So far I rented ID theft which was terrible and silver linings play book which was also terrible. I did get the movie The Call, now that was good. I did get a tad scared but it was good. I do not do scary movies what so ever but it was more suspense. Any other good movies you guys have seen lately?

Thanks for thinking about me! I am so jealous I got mine yesterday and have had zero luck with it!

They got 5 eggs today. Dr. Yang said my left ovary was hiding behind my uterus so he had a hard time getting 4 of the eggs. I have been in excruciating pain all day! I’ve been eating 600mg of ibuprofen like crazy and using a heating pad. The pain has subsided but it still hurts to move around. Will write more later.

[QUOTE=Mami2B]They got 5 eggs today. Dr. Yang said my left ovary was hiding behind my uterus so he had a hard time getting 4 of the eggs. I have been in excruciating pain all day! I’ve been eating 600mg of ibuprofen like crazy and using a heating pad. The pain has subsided but it still hurts to move around. Will write more later.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on 5 eggs!! :pray: for a great fertilization report! When I had my ER I had a lot of bleeding and pain. It took about a full week till it got better. Did you get anesthesia or just Valium? I hope you feel better soon!

Graduated

I graduated from trial.

congrats! :clap:

I had an appt with my OB today and he said he was for the Lovenox but now with the SCH he said he wants me to stop it. He said that its not helping the bleed. He said I can wait until my appt at Penn on Thursday just to see what their view is on it. My RE was for the Lovenox and he said the same thing after confirming the SCH.

My OB said the Lovenox is causing the SCH to get larger and he said that is our number one priorty right now. He told me that he is worried that the bleed will effect the placenta. He said even now its dangerous. He said that most of the time once the blood goes away the sac never reattaches to the area of the placenta where the bleed was. He said this can effect the babies growth and cause pre term labor. My uterus also causes preterm labor so the risks go up even higher. He told me even though my due date is March to expect a Feb baby. My OB said the goal is 37 weeks at this point. So basically all my doctors expect NH is saying stop the Lovenox. I am okay with stopping the Lovenox at this point but I still want to see what Upenn says.

ing13949 - Congratulations on graduating. :clap:

eapatounas - I did valium only. The horrible pain has turned into incredible soreness. It sucks being at work having to sit up all day. But as they say no pain no gain right? I’m hoping the universe will have mercy on me with pregnancy and labor!

kcarey77 - How is your allergic reaction? Hope it hasn’t gotten too bad.

AFM - Just got the call. Out of 5, 3 were mature and fertilized. They were able to culture the immature eggs and 1 matured and was inseminated today so I have 4 fertilized embies! I LOVE NH. Any other clinic would’ve just discarded the immature eggs and not try to work with them.

[B]Alb[/B] - great HB!!! As exciting as it would be to own one, I know I would obsess over it, so they are definitely not for me!

[B]Kelly [/B]- I know I haven’t been on as much this weekend. We had a busy one! Friday night we took our daughter out for her birthday dinner and Saturday we had a small family party I can’t believe she’ll be 15 this Friday!! On Sunday I took her & my neice to the Victoria’s Secret PINK bts sale. It was crazy, but the girls had a blast and got tons of cute stuff. Then we went out to dinner. It was a nice to go out of town with the girls, it kept my mind off of what I knew was gonna be bad news today…

[B]Elizabeth [/B]- I’m so sorry that your hubs’ grandparents were so unsupportive. I would have probably gotten up & left. My MIL felt the same way (although she only told my hubs in private), but when she spoke to her pastor about it, he sad that God chooses many ways to grow families. That all children are gifts from God. Since then she’s been super supportive. Maybe they’ll come around given time. I know you hate bed rest, but at least you’re getting a jump on all your scrapbooking! And congrats on the new job!
I really hope it isn’t your appendix! You’ve been through soooo much already. If I were you, with this new information, I’d definitely be ready to stop the Lovenox. I’m sure UPENN will be of the same opinion. I’m sorry you’re in so much pain. Hopefully you get some relief soon.

[B]Miami2b[/B] - Congrats on 4 fertilized embies!!! :cheer: GROW EMBIES, GROW!!! :cheer: Can’t wait to hear your fert. report!

[B]Ing[/B] - Congrats on graduation!!!

[B]AFM [/B]- I went in for my b/w today just knowing that my beta wasn’t going to be good. I had no hope. When the test was done, I looked at the computer and couldn’t believe my eyes…86!!! I’m so excited! My hubs actually had tears in his eyes (this is big, he’s a man’s man & NEVER cries)! I’m still :preg: !! So now, I’m gonna take this pregnancy one day at a time. I’m gonna finally let myself be really happy! I’m just gonna pray that my LO sticks around for the whole 9 months, and enjoy it!

[QUOTE=jaime21078][B]Alb[/B] - great HB!!! As exciting as it would be to own one, I know I would obsess over it, so they are definitely not for me!

[B]Kelly [/B]- I know I haven’t been on as much this weekend. We had a busy one! Friday night we took our daughter out for her birthday dinner and Saturday we had a small family party I can’t believe she’ll be 15 this Friday!! On Sunday I took her & my neice to the Victoria’s Secret PINK bts sale. It was crazy, but the girls had a blast and got tons of cute stuff. Then we went out to dinner. It was a nice to go out of town with the girls, it kept my mind off of what I knew was gonna be bad news today…

[B]Elizabeth [/B]- I’m so sorry that your hubs’ grandparents were so unsupportive. I would have probably gotten up & left. My MIL felt the same way (although she only told my hubs in private), but when she spoke to her pastor about it, he sad that God chooses many ways to grow families. That all children are gifts from God. Since then she’s been super supportive. Maybe they’ll come around given time. I know you hate bed rest, but at least you’re getting a jump on all your scrapbooking! And congrats on the new job!
I really hope it isn’t your appendix! You’ve been through soooo much already. If I were you, with this new information, I’d definitely be ready to stop the Lovenox. I’m sure UPENN will be of the same opinion. I’m sorry you’re in so much pain. Hopefully you get some relief soon.

[B]Miami2b[/B] - Congrats on 4 fertilized embies!!! :cheer: GROW EMBIES, GROW!!! :cheer: Can’t wait to hear your fert. report!

[B]Ing[/B] - Congrats on graduation!!!

[B]AFM [/B]- I went in for my b/w today just knowing that my beta wasn’t going to be good. I had no hope. When the test was done, I looked at the computer and couldn’t believe my eyes…86!!! I’m so excited! My hubs actually had tears in his eyes (this is big, he’s a man’s man & NEVER cries)! I’m still :preg: !! So now, I’m gonna take this pregnancy one day at a time. I’m gonna finally let myself be really happy! I’m just gonna pray that my LO sticks around for the whole 9 months, and enjoy it![/QUOTE]

:cheer: for an 86!!! Keep climbing! When’s your next beta?

I wish my husbands grandparents pastor would say something similar to your MILs. I really upset me bc they knew we were doing IVF. They never said out loud they didn’t agree with it but you could always tell they didn’t agree. I thought it was extra crappy to express that after we tell them we are pregnant with an IVF baby. My husband said as soon as they see the baby they will change their minds. Our town is very conservative. On Mother’s Day they features a mother if quads on the front page of the paper. They talked about their child helping them out and then the reported asked about fertility treatments and they declined to answer that question. I thought hello they have quads of coarse they had treatments. If they admitted to fertility treatments the letters to the editor would be filled with judgement nasty comments. I read so many nasty letters written to the editor about gay marriage it’s sickening. I just wish people could be less judgmental and more open minded. I mean this is their great grand child and god did create him or her.

[QUOTE=eapatounas]:cheer: for an 86!!! Keep climbing! When’s your next beta?

I wish my husbands grandparents pastor would say something similar to your MILs. I really upset me bc they knew we were doing IVF. They never said out loud they didn’t agree with it but you could always tell they didn’t agree. I thought it was extra crappy to express that after we tell them we are pregnant with an IVF baby. My husband said as soon as they see the baby they will change their minds. Our town is very conservative. On Mother’s Day they features a mother if quads on the front page of the paper. They talked about their child helping them out and then the reported asked about fertility treatments and they declined to answer that question. I thought hello they have quads of coarse they had treatments. If they admitted to fertility treatments the letters to the editor would be filled with judgement nasty comments. I read so many nasty letters written to the editor about gay marriage it’s sickening. I just wish people could be less judgmental and more open minded. I mean this is their great grand child and god did create him or her.[/QUOTE]
I’m sorry you’re having to deal with such nonsense, Elizabeth. I’m not religious, but I don’t understand how people can say having a miscarriage is God’s will, but IVF is not. I don’t get it. Hopefully they’ll come to their senses. About the Lovenox - it’s scary to stop taking it but you definitely don’t want to end up with growth restriction either. I know you’ll get all the info first :slight_smile:

WOW! Lots of news!

Jamie- Congrats on a high beta! Keep climbing! It sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I love shopping and especially at VS! I bet your DD was having a great time. I’m so happy your beta has remained positive. :cheer:

Ep- I am so sorry that your grandparents made those comments to you at such a bad time. I know old people mean well, they just don’t give a crap anymore and say what comes to mind- no filter. Most elderly people are very old fashioned so they don’t understand science and the gifted humans that can help us create life… It’s like them sitting down and using a computer- they just don’t get it! Cheer up and your DH is right, all they have to do is look at that GGB of theirs and they wont even remember what IVF is. I hope you’re feeling better, that’s great you can work from home. I hope you get all the info you need to make the best decision for you and your LO’s safety with the medication, I have confidence you will do the right thing. Hopefully you get to hear the HB soon!

Mami- Congrats on 5 eggs! That’s a great # for mini IVF! Did they transfer one fresh? Are you PUPO? Just out of curiosity, did you have a few mini cycles and store up embies for FET? I see your signature shows a lot of mini IVF’s. Were you in the study at one time? Sorry for all the questions. You can PM me if you don’t want to post it again.

ING- Congrats to you on graduating from NH!

Sorry if I missed anyone- I’m at work trying to focus on something productive. :woohoo:

[quote=eapatounas][B]…[/B]
[B]AFM-[/B] … [B]I seriously never felt the urge to knock an old person out until yesterday.[/B] [B]I thought I am getting a shirt for my baby to wear every time they are around them that says I am Gods creation through IVF.[/B] Maybe its the hormones but I felt pretty crappy after leaving their house and it has really made me not want to tell anyone else. They said call us if you want any help like meals or anything at all. Out of anger I just said nope we are good everything is under control. I thought you mean old lady give me back my I love my great grandparents bib! Sorry for the rant but that really upset me!
[/quote]

1st of all that totally made me giggle, sorry. I completely agree with your reaction though and I probably wouldn’t have held my tongue or I would have left. So you’re stronger than me. But it just sounds funny to hear about knocking out an old lady LOL
And I like the onesie idea. You could get a couple.
-I’m God’s will
-From God’s hands to a dish in a lab
-God made me in a lab
-Embryologist - God’s newest resume entry
-From God’s lips to my RE’s ears
I’m not religious at all but I could come up with all kinds of sayings.
Don’t let the ignorance of people get you down. Most people who say they don’t believe in something is because they don’t understand it. One thing is no more God’s will than any other thing. :grouphug:

[quote=stm2009]1st of all that totally made me giggle, sorry. I completely agree with your reaction though and I probably wouldn’t have held my tongue or I would have left. So you’re stronger than me. But it just sounds funny to hear about knocking out an old lady LOL
And I like the onesie idea. You could get a couple.
-I’m God’s will
-From God’s hands to a dish in a lab
-God made me in a lab
-Embryologist - God’s newest resume entry
-From God’s lips to my RE’s ears
I’m not religious at all but I could come up with all kinds of sayings.
Don’t let the ignorance of people get you down. Most people who say they don’t believe in something is because they don’t understand it. One thing is no more God’s will than any other thing. :grouphug:[/quote]

I totally agree w/ Sarah on this one!!
-God’s little IVF miracle
-Even God loves a good science experiment
…and so on.