New Hope Fertility Center Clinical Trial

[QUOTE=kcarey77]
Mami- Congrats on 5 eggs! That’s a great # for mini IVF! Did they transfer one fresh? Are you PUPO? Just out of curiosity, did you have a few mini cycles and store up embies for FET? I see your signature shows a lot of mini IVF’s. Were you in the study at one time? Sorry for all the questions. You can PM me if you don’t want to post it again.
[/QUOTE]

I’m doing embryo banking for PGD. Hoping to get 6 frosties to send for testing. Keeping :cross: that these 4 make it to blast so I don’t have to do another cycle. I was never in the study, found NH after 2 failed cycles at SIRM. Wish I would’ve gone to NH first when I still had IF coverage. Feel like I wasted it at SIRM with nothing to show for it. Now I’m completely OOP. Oh well, can’t cry over spilled milk.

Oh, cool! I hope everything works out the way you want it to. And, I also hope your little embies make it to blastocysts! When you do your FET will you transfer two? I know I am! :smiley:
:pray: KUP :pray:

Will Zhang transfer 2? I’ve heard he’s adamant about only transferring 1.

Congrats on your beta going up. Great news!

[QUOTE=jaime21078]

[B]AFM [/B]- I went in for my b/w today just knowing that my beta wasn’t going to be good. I had no hope. When the test was done, I looked at the computer and couldn’t believe my eyes…86!!! I’m so excited! My hubs actually had tears in his eyes (this is big, he’s a man’s man & NEVER cries)! I’m still :preg: !! So now, I’m gonna take this pregnancy one day at a time. I’m gonna finally let myself be really happy! I’m just gonna pray that my LO sticks around for the whole 9 months, and enjoy it![/QUOTE]

wait until you start pumping LOL

Good luck with your embies! have you gotten the initial report yet?

So far everyone has been really supportive of our IVF efforts. I think my mom was the one who made me the most sad, though, because I would ask her to pray for the next step in our journey with IVF and she would always say, “I’ll pray for the Lord’s will.” It made me feel frustrated and sad, but I knew that she also wasn’t necessarily excited about us trying to have kids. I think she may have felt that children could be really burdensome and that we had a wonderful life enjoying ourselves together, so why mess with it? (She said this on several occasions when I kept telling her we wanted to have a baby.) She did have five, and I don’t think she ever had the opportunity to just be herself, she was always a mom from a very young age. My dad was of the same opinion too, that kids are a lot of work, so just don’t worry about it and enjoy yourself. My twin was the most excited about the whole thing. She is more open minded and has several children and has been dying for me to join the kiddie queue for a long time. Truthfully, most people in our family just assumed we didn’t want kids for the longest time because we didn’t have them. And for the first years of our marriage, we really just enjoyed it being the two of us. I was never particularly careful about BC, but wearing the patch made it easy, and I just thought, “Oh, if it happens, great!” I seriously thought we would have a little surprise somewhere along the way like most people, but when that didn’t happen by the time I had turned 34 (now about to turn 38) we knew something was up. No one on my husband’s side of the family, save one couple, has a child (one) of the immediate cousins. There are cousins who live farther away that do, so support was never really felt. However, and this is the MOST important part to my ramble, BOTH my husband and I from the get go knew and understood that we were having this child to please OURSELVES and NO ONE ELSE so who cares what they think! Sure, we’d like their approval, but ultimately we will be the ones caring for the little one, not them, so whether we do or whether we don’t and how we have to go about it is our decision. They don’t get an opinion, but they may offer support. If they can’t do that, they just became a serious non-priority on my list! Once we became pregnant, though, my mom has come around and been more supportive and my dad has fun bantering around “bad baby names” on purpose just to be funny. Give them time, they’ll either come around, or be low man on your totem pole. But once they see everyone else supporting you, they won’t want to be left out of all the family excitement, and they’ll come around, but probably slowly. Remember, older people are slower to change their opinions. Once they understand the IVF process, it might make it easier for them to grasp that this is just as much a God-has-to-intervene-to give-life thing as is the normal route of conception. You can water a seed, but you can’t make it grow-that is still up to God. Hopefully, they’ll come to understand that sooner than later.

Hugs! Kitty

If you are a paying customer, yes, he had better. In the study, he could not deviate from arms so mini had one and conv had two only.
I know women that have transferred 3 and 4 because just they could.

[QUOTE=kcarey77]If you are a paying customer, yes, he had better. In the study, he could not deviate from arms so mini had one and conv had two only.
I know women that have transferred 3 and 4 because just they could.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks! When I told him I transferred 5 on my cycle where I got my BFP he was appalled and said he would never do that and rambled on and on about how it only takes one.

Mami2B - If you are mini in the study he will only transfer 1.

I’ve heard that as well. But like kcarey said, as a paying patient you should have a lot more say in it than we did in the trial. I’m sure he’ll push for one but if you want two, push for two.
there has been research done trying to figure out if transferring two can cause them both to fail but I don’t think anything has come of it yet.

LOL! Well, his “only one theory” was disproved when I went through IVF at NH. I know it worked for some other ladies, but not for me.
So, until his theory proves 100% I would be pushing for however many I want to be transferred. BOOM! :smiley:

[B]MMP-[/B] UGH I always hated that too! When you are struggling to get over a miscarriage and people say its Gods will or plan or it was natures selection! Stopping the lovenox scares me bc I am already on bed rest and being immobile makes you more at risk for blood clots. I do not like that the choice is in my hands. I will never forgive myself if I stay on it and the SCH causes a miscarriage or if I go off lovenox and a blood clot causes a miscarriage. I do not like having this put in my hands. I rather be able to blame the doctor and not myself lol.

[B]Kcarey-[/B] I am blaming their reaction to being old and set in their ways! I am sure they will get over it once they get to hold their 1st great grandbaby.

[B]STM-[/B] I honestly only bit my tongue bc it was my DHs grandparents. They are old and just set in their ways. I love all of those onesie ideas! I added some saying similar that in my scrap book. I grew up as a pastors granddaughter so religion was always a part of our lives. My grandfather would never in a million years judge my choice. He is very big on not judging anyone. He works in prisons with men and woman that convicted some serious crimes and he has never once judge any of them. I just wish my DHs grandparents were more open minded like mine. My grandparents are in their late 80s and they text message and email all the time. I guess I am used to my hip grandparents vs his judgmental conservative ones! Knowing his grandma the rude comments were also because she was upset we are not coming to their corn roast. I have noticed with her in the past if you upset her she turns from sweet old lady to mean old hag.

[B]Jaime-[/B] LOL I like God loves a good science experiment!

[B]Mami2b-[/B] How are your embryos doing?

[B]Americanjavakitty-[/B] I am so glad your parents came around and sound very supportive now. There is nothing worse than your own family not being supportive. You are absolutely correct about the baby being to please us and no one else. I am sure his grandparents will come around at some point. I also love when comments like that come from people that got pregnant at the drop of a hat.

[B]AFM-[/B] I had my final transvaginal US this morning. I finally got good news!! I apparently had 2 spots with the SCH (I was not aware of this.) Well the one spot is completely dried up and the other spot has started to shrink in size!! Now my RE said he is back on the fence about the Lovenox. I thought UGH just tell me what to do yes or no! He told me that right now he can see the benefit of staying on it but he said the bleed could start again at any point.I will never forgive myself if I stay on it and the SCH causes a miscarriage or if I go off lovenox and a blood clot causes a miscarriage. I do not like having this put in my hands. I rather be able to blame the doctor and not myself lol. He said if my right side pain is still there next week he will run some blod work to just check my appendix. Baby is measuring right on track and is now 1 inch long. The baby was moving like crazy today. It would not sit still for even a min. Arm buds and leg buds were all over the place and it was head banging. My DH said oh great we have a super active baby. My RE was like going nuts over the US. He said he normally graduates his patients at 7-8 weeks at his practice so he said he was really loving seeing an active baby. The heart beat was 162 I am so thinking this is a girl. Upenn appt is tomorrow so hopefully they will give me a yes or no to the lovenox and not just a its your choice I could go either way.

[QUOTE=stm2009]there has been research done trying to figure out if transferring two can cause them both to fail but I don’t think anything has come of it yet.[/QUOTE]
Dr. Zhang mentioned the possibility of 1 of the 5 embies could have affected a good embryo, causing my m/c but we will never know. I’ve been reading up on this and there seems SETs has the same pregnancy rate as transferring two.

I personally don’t mind twins, DH, not so much. It would be difficult with both of us working full time and my family lives in another state.

[QUOTE=kcarey77]LOL! Well, his “only one theory” was disproved when I went through IVF at NH. I know it worked for some other ladies, but not for me.
So, until his theory proves 100% I would be pushing for however many I want to be transferred. BOOM! :D[/QUOTE]

If we get quite a few normals back from testing I will definitely push for 2. I don’t want to get stuck with extra embabies having to decide what to do with them.

eapatounas - Congratulations on seeing the baby and HB! Sounds like you have an active one.

AFM - 3 of my embies are at 4 cell, the 1 that matured and was ICSI’d yesterday is still pending. :pray: it starts growing and dividing.

[quote=Mami2B]Dr. Zhang mentioned the possibility of 1 of the 5 embies could have affected a good embryo, causing my m/c but we will never know. I’ve been reading up on this and there seems SETs has the same pregnancy rate as transferring two.

I personally don’t mind twins, DH, not so much. It would be difficult with both of us working full time and my family lives in another state.

If we get quite a few normals back from testing I will definitely push for 2. I don’t want to get stuck with extra embabies having to decide what to do with them.

eapatounas - Congratulations on seeing the baby and HB! Sounds like you have an active one.

AFM - 3 of my embies are at 4 cell, the 1 that matured and was ICSI’d yesterday is still pending. :pray: it starts growing and dividing.[/quote]

Thank you! I was just thrilled to hear the bleeds were getting better! All this bed rest is not a total waste lol. I will be :pray: your embryos keep growing and make it to blast!

[QUOTE=Mami2B]

AFM - 3 of my embies are at 4 cell, the 1 that matured and was ICSI’d yesterday is still pending. :pray: it starts growing and dividing.[/QUOTE]

Great news!!! Grow embies grow!!

[QUOTE=eapatounas]

[B]AFM-[/B] I had my final transvaginal US this morning. I finally got good news!! I apparently had 2 spots with the SCH (I was not aware of this.) Well the one spot is completely dried up and the other spot has started to shrink in size!! Now my RE said he is back on the fence about the Lovenox. I thought UGH just tell me what to do yes or no! He told me that right now he can see the benefit of staying on it but he said the bleed could start again at any point.I will never forgive myself if I stay on it and the SCH causes a miscarriage or if I go off lovenox and a blood clot causes a miscarriage. I do not like having this put in my hands. I rather be able to blame the doctor and not myself lol. He said if my right side pain is still there next week he will run some blod work to just check my appendix. Baby is measuring right on track and is now 1 inch long. The baby was moving like crazy today. It would not sit still for even a min. Arm buds and leg buds were all over the place and it was head banging. My DH said oh great we have a super active baby. My RE was like going nuts over the US. He said he normally graduates his patients at 7-8 weeks at his practice so he said he was really loving seeing an active baby. The heart beat was 162 I am so thinking this is a girl. Upenn appt is tomorrow so hopefully they will give me a yes or no to the lovenox and not just a its your choice I could go either way.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that your sch(s) are healing. I believe bed rest is the best medicine for those. It’s great that you are able to do the new job from home while on bed rest. I totally get not wanting to make a decision and leave it in the doctor’s hands regarding the levonox. I hope that the doctor at UPenn will help to clarify that with you and make you feel more comfortable doing one thing or the other. Also, congrats on having a crazy baby. Mine is too, always all over the place. I think I might have a girl too. I still have no idea what the heart rate is, but I don’t believe that heart rate business, my son should have been a girl if that were true. Good luck tomorrow!

[B]Elizabeth[/B] - great news about your sch healing & getting smaller. The bed rest must be working.

[B]AFM[/B] - Due to my low beta levels, the clinic wants me to stop all medications tonight… After not bothering to contact me yesterday, I spent most of today emailing back & forth with them. They said my #'s are so low that it is probably not a normal pregnancy. I’m crushed…

Jaime - I am sorry! Did they explain why your numbers keep increasing even though not at the rate they want?

Elizabeth - I am glad you are healing. Rest is the best medication. I hope you get some answers tomorrow at the new hospital.

Mami2be - congrats. I hope your embryos make it to blast.

AFM - I had some cramping yesterday and kept going to the bathroom to check for blood. I ended up POAS just to be sure I am still pregnant. I don’t feel pregnant at all today. No symptoms at all today. I just feel hungry and sore from PIO injections. I cannot stop worrying and can’t wait for my 3rd beta on Thursday?

[QUOTE=Zoey1983]Jaime - I am sorry! Did they explain why your numbers keep increasing even though not at the rate they want?

Elizabeth - I am glad you are healing. Rest is the best medication. I hope you get some answers tomorrow at the new hospital.

Mami2be - congrats. I hope your embryos make it to blast.

AFM - I had some cramping yesterday and kept going to the bathroom to check for blood. I ended up POAS just to be sure I am still pregnant. I don’t feel pregnant at all today. No symptoms at all today. I just feel hungry and sore from PIO injections. I cannot stop worrying and can’t wait for my 3rd beta on Thursday?[/QUOTE]

They said that the meds were keeping me from having a “natural miscarriage”. I personally don’t think any miscarriage is natural…

First trimester screening/testing

Thanks to all.

What is the good time or week for first trimester testing and what all tests we need.