New Hope Fertility Center Clinical Trial

[QUOTE=jaime21078]They said that the meds were keeping me from having a “natural miscarriage”. I personally don’t think any miscarriage is natural…[/QUOTE]
Am so sorry dear…but did you ever get an ultrasound done?

[QUOTE=ashhoping]Am so sorry dear…but did you ever get an ultrasound done?[/QUOTE]
No. No ultrasounds yet.

What?!?! I’m sorry but that is F’ed.
All along they’ve been saying oh don’t worry you’re in the 15%, then you finally get something higher and they say nope sorry. Anyway you can get someone, anyone to do an u/s? or another beta since its been another 2 days. I know they know what they are doing but they aren’t even going to look?? They are going to say “probably” not normal and take that chance. I mean in a normal pregnancy we wouldn’t have the medications but WTF?! I’m soo mad. They string people along and then bam just drop you like a bad habit. That is messed up. I’ve seen them do u/s on people for no reason other to “rule out ectopic” which was alwasy a crap excuse in my opinion. And for you they aren’t even going ot check. F them. Find someone who will check before stopping anything. Another couple of days and you’ll be 5 wks pregnant, there would definitely be something to find.

[B]Marylander-[/B] I believe the bedrest is helping. I was a little shocked to find out I had two spots that had the bleed. I honestly only thought I had one. I will admit I was looking away during most of those ultrasounds. I was too scared to look until he put on the heartbeat sounds. Knowing that I am doing better makes me feel like I can do more and I know that is not a good mind set. I really hope tomorrow I get some direct more clear answers from Upenn. Sounds like we both might be having active baby girls! When is your next US? Is it for your NT scan? i cannot wait to get some more pictures of the LO. It was amazing that she looked like a human and not a blob anymore.

[B]Jaime-[/B] Thank you! I thinking the bed rest is doing the trick, thank god!

I am so sorry to hear your news. My heart breaks for you! :grouphug: I am with STM I would run one more beta as for the US they cannot see anything until your beta would reach 1000 or 1500. My highest beta with my first FET reached high 700’s and they did an US because of my pain and they could not see anything. They kept saying hopefully my beta would get higher so they could see a sac. NH told me with my last FET if I had not reached a beta of at least 1000 by 7 weeks I would for sure be out of the game for a viable pregnancy. Then I started decreasing and knew I was out of the game competely. However then I started increasing again after that. I am not sure how or why that happened.

[B]Zoey-[/B] Thank you I am really hope I get more of a clear answer. Honestly in the early stages of pregnancy its totally normal to feel cramping. Similar to AF cramps. As long as you do not see any blood the cramping is not a bad thing. That will go away in a few weeks, I am excited to hear your beta tomorrow. Then that means your US is right around the corner:woohoo:

[B]ING-[/B] Your OB will tell you when they want to do the 1st trimester screening its actually a choice to have it or not. My high risk OB said he likes to do them between 12.5-14 weeks.

[B]AFM-[/B] My appt is not today at Upenn its tomorrow lol I was thinking yesterday was Wednesday.

[QUOTE=jaime21078]They said that the meds were keeping me from having a “natural miscarriage”. I personally don’t think any miscarriage is natural…[/QUOTE]

I’m so sorry, Jamie!
Will you continue with treatment at NH?
My first consult locally is tomorrow and I can’t wait to get to TTC my baby.

[I]Jaime[/I]- I am so sorry! I don’t get why they were telling you everything was fine now this. I thought as long as it was going up it was ok. I agree with stm.

[B]Ing[/B]- It depends on your age and what you want to do. Your OB is supposed to discuss all of you options with you at your first appointment. Most tests have to be done around 11-14 weeks. Since you are just 29 and not AMA, it’s likely they won’t recommend any first trimester screening, so if you want it, ask for it.

[B]Zoey[/B]- Try not to stress, cramping is totally normal. I have it a lot, even as I type this. It is likely just your growing uterus. But also make sure you are getting lots of water, which can cause cramping too. Also, not feeling pregnant is common; symptoms come and go a lot in the early weeks of pregnancy. FX for a great beta on Thursday!

[B]Eapatounas[/B]- Yep, my next scan is next week and it is also my NT scan. It will be nice to have some non-blob pictures, but I am still nervous about the appointment. Good luck tomorrow. Maybe you will get a surprise ultrasound!

[QUOTE=jaime21078][B]AFM[/B] - Due to my low beta levels, the clinic wants me to stop all medications tonight… After not bothering to contact me yesterday, I spent most of today emailing back & forth with them. They said my #'s are so low that it is probably not a normal pregnancy. I’m crushed…[/QUOTE]
Jaime - I’m so sorry. We were all pulling for you. :grouphug:
I had a very similar situation last year with my first IUI. I got a BFP (my first ever), but started with a low positive beta. However, from the beginning, that RE told me it was very low and that was not usually a good sign. It doubled for a few days, but then started to only increase a few numbers each day. I was instructed to stop progesterone around the 6w mark because there was no visible sac and my beta was still below 100.

They explained to me that an embryo likely implanted, but didn’t develop past that. The progesterone suppositories kept everything in place which is why the betas were still increasing, but not doubling. They also said there is a window of time for betas to reach a certain level for a pregnancy to be considered viable.

It’s crushing, I know. You keep crossing your fingers and hoping for the best only to feel like they were leading you on. We’re all thinking of you right now.

Jaime I’m really sorry! My former RE told me the same thing. I wish I wouldn’t have listened and stopped my meds as I was almost 6 weeks. I’m with STM, I wouldn’t stop just yet. :grouphug:

Jaime - I am so sorry to hear your news. After my first FET my first beta was low and eventually I got crushing news. After my second FET, my beta levels were sky high and I still miscarried. There is no rhyme or reason to this IVF process. If you feel strongly about continuing the meds, do that. My doctors all told me that it was encouraging that I got the BFP. If this does not work out, please remember that. You can get pregnant and it is going to happen for you. I’m praying for you.

Marylander - Good luck with your scan!!! I’m sure everything will be perfect.

Kcarey - Good luck with your consult tomorrow!

Epa - You sure have some tough decisions to make. When you first told your story I thought you MUST stop the Lovenex. Now that I hear the clots are shrinking I don’t know. I hope you are able to make a decision and find some peace! We need you to have a healthy beautiful baby that you can rub all over DH’s parents’ faces :wink:

[B]AFM[/B] - I had to have a D&C last Thursday. We bit the bullet and paid out of pocket. I think AF started today but I am not sure because Dr. Luk said it should take about 3 weeks to arrive. I go back to NH tomorrow for confirmation. I think I’m ready for round 3.

[B]Marylander-[/B] A surprise US would be nice but I doubt it since I had one 2 days ago lol. My NT will be at 12.5 weeks so it will be an exciting US. I was surprised how much at 9 weeks it looked like an actual baby. I set up a gender scan for Sept 23rd. I invited my mom and MIL. I am not sure if my MIL will come or not.
[B]
BizzyB-[/B] The choice is now back to being harm since the bleed is improving. Had it not been improving it would have been an easy choice. I really hope Upenn just tells me what to do.

I am sorry you had to go for the D&C I know you really did not want to have this done. Did you have it done at NH or somewhere else? Do you know if they got an fetal tissue to test? I really hope that is actual AF and you get to have another FET soon. It sounds like you are feel ready for it! I will be :pray: for you! I think of you often!

Epa you should be enjoying every milestone of this very joyous occasion so if your MIL or anyone for that manner is coming with negative energy they need to STAY HOME! #aintnobodygottimeforthat #mybestsweetbrownimitation :slight_smile: Hopefully you’ll get some guidance soon. September 23 is right around the corner. Time is really flying. How’s the new job going?

I didn’t want to get it done but I caved. This needed to end. Dr. Luc performed the procedure. We already knew with my beta being so low at the time there wouldn’t be enough tissue to test. My sister suspects the remaining tissue may have been from embryo #2. Makes sense since by betas were so crazy high. I’m leaving for Cabo on Saturday When I get back, I will be more than ready to get this show on the road. If this is in fact my AF the timing couldn’t get any better.

[quote=eapatounas][B]Marylander-[/B] A surprise US would be nice but I doubt it since I had one 2 days ago lol. My NT will be at 12.5 weeks so it will be an exciting US. I was surprised how much at 9 weeks it looked like an actual baby. I set up a gender scan for Sept 23rd. I invited my mom and MIL. I am not sure if my MIL will come or not.
[B]
BizzyB-[/B] The choice is now back to being harm since the bleed is improving. Had it not been improving it would have been an easy choice. I really hope Upenn just tells me what to do.

I am sorry you had to go for the D&C I know you really did not want to have this done. Did you have it done at NH or somewhere else? Do you know if they got an fetal tissue to test? I really hope that is actual AF and you get to have another FET soon. It sounds like you are feel ready for it! I will be :pray: for you! I think of you often![/quote]

[quote=BizzyB]Epa you should be enjoying every milestone of this very joyous occasion so if your MIL or anyone for that manner is coming with negative energy they need to STAY HOME! #aintnobodygottimeforthat #mybestsweetbrownimitation :slight_smile: Hopefully you’ll get some guidance soon. September 23 is right around the corner. Time is really flying. How’s the new job going?

I didn’t want to get it done but I caved. This needed to end. Dr. Luc performed the procedure. We already knew with my beta being so low at the time there wouldn’t be enough tissue to test. My sister suspects the remaining tissue may have been from embryo #2. Makes sense since by betas were so crazy high. I’m leaving for Cabo on Saturday When I get back, I will be more than ready to get this show on the road. If this is in fact my AF the timing couldn’t get any better.[/quote]

I am glad you had Dr. Luk do the D&C she is the best! I really hope you enjoy Cabo and get to relax and get ready for the 3rd FET. They say the 3rd times a charm. I think this will be the case for you! Enjoy swimming, drinking some drinks, pigging out on good food and doing some dangerous fun activities you cannot do while pregnant like zip lining! Drink a topical fruity drink for me!! We went to Mexcio (Riviera Maya) a few years ago. We had a blast.

Yesterday was the 1st time I actually felt bonded and connected to the pregnancy. Seeing the baby move was just amazing and also finally getting good news that the bleed is shrinking was amazing news! I have not had any bright red blood in the last 3 days just brown:-) Hopefully that means I am done with the scary bleeding. I feel like I will enjoy pregnancy a lot more if I stop bleeding. I usually feel great a few days after an US and then if the bleeding starts the panic comes back.

I think once we announce it to the rest of our family and friends it will seem more real. Actually my MIL has been very supportive which is a huge leap for her. She has made us meals and actually returns emails and phone calls now. It is my husbands grandparents (his dads side) that were jerks about the IVF thing. We are actually pretty close with them which is why I think it hurt even more. I thought about inviting Grandmas to the gender scan but after that I am not sure how I feel about that. As for my DHs father. I have no idea if he will even find out we are expecting. He has no known address or phone number. We cannot contact him even if we wanted to, honestly its better off that way. Its sad but that is how his life has been for years. He likes booze and drugs too much so that is his lifestyle and its fine to be far away from his entire family.

[QUOTE=BizzyB]Epa you should be enjoying every milestone of this very joyous occasion so if your MIL or anyone for that manner is coming with negative energy they need to STAY HOME! #aintnobodygottimeforthat #mybestsweetbrownimitation :).[/QUOTE]

LOL! This made me laugh hysterically. So glad your procedure went well and you are on the mend.

AFM - embabies are still going, they are at 6, 7 and 8 cells today. Pain is back today, yesterday was good, Monday night was torture. I seriously think I have mild OHSS even though they only got 5 eggs. Is that even possible? I’ve had nausea, vomiting (Monday) and urinate every 15 minutes! Not to mention the bloating. Off to acupuncture tonight, hopefully she can fix me!

That sounds like OHSS to me. If it is, hopefully it’s the mild version. Did they check your estrogen levels? That would be the easiest way to tell. I hope you feel better. Praying for your embies Mami!

[quote=Mami2B]LOL! This made me laugh hysterically. So glad your procedure went well and you are on the mend.

AFM - embabies are still going, they are at 6, 7 and 8 cells today. Pain is back today, yesterday was good, Monday night was torture. I seriously think I have mild OHSS even though they only got 5 eggs. Is that even possible? I’ve had nausea, vomiting (Monday) and urinate every 15 minutes! Not to mention the bloating. Off to acupuncture tonight, hopefully she can fix me![/quote]

Jaime I know it has been a while since we have spoke I just had the chance to read back on your progress for this transfer. I just want to tell you that i am sorry that you have to go through this. I just want to tell you that I am thinking about you. And that after the storm there is always a rainbow and sunshine. Your time is coming please believe that all things are possible. Big hugsss 2 you :heart: and NO you are right I also dont believe that any miscarriage is natural

Today I graduated from NH :cheer:

I am 8w1d according to transfer.

Like every other milestone they did it through email. Like when I got my :bfp: they emailed saying “according to your blood work it looks like you are pregnant, please continue all meds.” today I got a generic email telling me to follow my OBs instructions. I’m glad I graduated, I’m glad I got my BFP but why the H wouldnt they share that good news over the phone…

ETA: they also gave me a report for my OB so he knows where I’m at… He has been doing all my monitoring so I think he knows where I’m at.

Ejohnson - Congratulations on graduating! :clap:

AFM - I’m now down to 3 embies. 1 of them didn’t progress so it was cultured out. The 3 I have are all at 12 cells. Not sure if that’s good, thought they were supposed to be at morula by Day 4. Is 12 cells morula? I thought I read somewhere that morula was btw 16- 32 cells. I’m trying not to stress myself out but I can’t help but worry even more now about tomorrow’s report. Please oh please let all 3 make it to blast!! :pray:

[quote=Mami2B]Ejohnson - Congratulations on graduating! :clap:

AFM - I’m now down to 3 embies. 1 of them didn’t progress so it was cultured out. The 3 I have are all at 12 cells. Not sure if that’s good, thought they were supposed to be at morula by Day 4. Is 12 cells morula? I thought I read somewhere that morula was btw 16- 32 cells. I’m trying not to stress myself out but I can’t help but worry even more now about tomorrow’s report. Please oh please let all 3 make it to blast!! :pray:[/quote]

Thank you and I wouldnt worry too much if they are not at Morula stage yet cause I believe they like it to be by the end of day 4 which depending on how long it took to fertilize and when they called you can give you an extra 8-10 hours. Try not to worry. I’m :cross:

I am sorry about one not making it. I think there are at a good stage for where you are, all still growing. My :cross: super tight for you!!!

[QUOTE=Mami2B]Ejohnson - Congratulations on graduating! :clap:

AFM - I’m now down to 3 embies. 1 of them didn’t progress so it was cultured out. The 3 I have are all at 12 cells. Not sure if that’s good, thought they were supposed to be at morula by Day 4. Is 12 cells morula? I thought I read somewhere that morula was btw 16- 32 cells. I’m trying not to stress myself out but I can’t help but worry even more now about tomorrow’s report. Please oh please let all 3 make it to blast!! :pray:[/QUOTE]

Hi ladies. Got my Materni21 results back and everything was negative for the three trisomies. Also I learned that this baby has a Y chromosome!!! I am so shocked. I was convinced this was a girl. I am over joyed though and my husband will be too. I didn’t think we would get boys both times, but yay! I am still in shock.