New Hope Fertility Center Clinical Trial

Congrats on the Boy! :clap: and that the test was negative

IVF consult #2

Dr.Trollice said that my tubes are hydro but they HSG showed spillage, slow spillage, but spillage and he is not recommending my tubes be removed prior to IVF. However, he did say with IVF you have a much greater chance of an ectopic (just as Ido if I conceived naturally) so I’m at a cross roads. The price he gave me of $6,100 did not include meds (TBD) or embryology ($3,625) so realistically I’m looking at about $15-19,000 for IVF.

IVF consult #3 is next week and then I will decide.
He was impressed with my antral follicle count of 11 though! So that was great news for an old hag…lol :dance:

[quote=kcarey77]Dr.Trollice said that my tubes are hydro but they HSG showed spillage, slow spillage, but spillage and he is not recommending my tubes be removed prior to IVF. However, he did say with IVF you have a much greater chance of an ectopic (just as Ido if I conceived naturally) so I’m at a cross roads. The price he gave me of $6,100 did not include meds (TBD) or embryology ($3,625) so realistically I’m looking at about $15-19,000 for IVF.

He was impressed with my antral follicle count of 11 though! So that was great news for an old hag…lol :dance:[/quote]

I’m glad he liked your antral count. did they do the HSG today or was that from the one you had prior

Great news about your AFC! That is always such a relief. Do they offer any packages, like a 3 rounds for the price of 2, or a certain # or your money back? That might be a better deal than paying per cycle.

Who is your next appointment with? Good luck!

[QUOTE=kcarey77]Dr.Trollice said that my tubes are hydro but they HSG showed spillage, slow spillage, but spillage and he is not recommending my tubes be removed prior to IVF. However, he did say with IVF you have a much greater chance of an ectopic (just as Ido if I conceived naturally) so I’m at a cross roads. The price he gave me of $6,100 did not include meds (TBD) or embryology ($3,625) so realistically I’m looking at about $15-19,000 for IVF.

He was impressed with my antral follicle count of 11 though! So that was great news for an old hag…lol :dance:[/QUOTE]

Marylander - congrats!

Kelly - Good to hear everything went well with the new RE. This is going to be your cycle.

AFM - my beta today was 7634!

[QUOTE=Marylander24]Hi ladies. Got my Materni21 results back and everything was negative for the three trisomies. Also I learned that this baby has a Y chromosome!!! I am so shocked. I was convinced this was a girl. I am over joyed though and my husband will be too. I didn’t think we would get boys both times, but yay! I am still in shock.[/QUOTE]

Yay for Team Blue. :clap:

Jaime-I’m so sorry you are having to go through this. I imagine NH is probably right but I wish they weren’t. Do what feels right to you. Lots of hugs.

Eap-I hope your upenn appt went well today.

AFM-I having monitoring later-my cycle day 17. I was so nervous for my monitoring appt on Monday but my lining was already over 7 which I think is great for 1 week post hysteroscopy. My lh strips started turning positive today so I’m not sure if I will ovulate by the time I go in for monitoring…

Everyone- I’m sorry for not keeping up better but it has been hard using just my phone.

[B]Ejohnson-[/B] Congrats on graduating!

[B]Mami2b-[/B] 3 embryos is still a great number. :pray: they make it to blast!

[B]Marylander-[/B] Congrats on the a great NT scan report!! I did not even know you can find out the sex during this scan. Congrats on being on team blue!! Any names yet? I wonder if my girl is a boy too lol

[B]Kcarey-[/B] Well that’s good news that they think your tubes have some spillage does this mean its possible to have a miracle nature baby? They prewarned me too of my high risk of ectopic. They said they just have to always do early USs in order to catch it. My ectopic never showed up on the US. If you have any hope that your tubes may work that is a good sign. I am sorry your RE is so pricey for IVF that is how mine was too. I really hope consult #3 is a lot less expensive. Awesome news about the antral follicle count!

[B]Zoey-[/B] Awesome beta! Congrats, any word on US?

[B]Sugar-gilr-[/B] Thank you! a lining of 7 a week after hysteroscopy is great news! Sounds like your FET will be next week!

AFM- I had my Upenn appt yesterday. I left not feeling awesome lol. We saw Dr. Wang and Dr. Romas. Dr. Wang wanted to do a 3D US to look at the uterus. She said she sees a dip in the inside of the uterus but she feels like its on the side and not the top of the uterus. She said she think I have been misdiagnosed with a heart shaped uterus and she thinks I have adenomyosis. She said this will not effect anything with fertility or pregnancy. My OB said he is not going to be going off of that information. He said he is going off of NHs hysteroscopy. So now I am even more confused about stuff I did not want to be confused about. Then Dr.Romas talked about the Lovenox. She said if you ask an RE about lovenox they would say to stay on it. If you ask a fetal maternal medicine doctor they would say stop it. She said they do not have enough research proving any blood clotting disorders effect pregnancy. She told me that hetro MTHFR they have found to lower risk for gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. Which I am not hetro I am homo so that means nothing to me. She said they do not want me to fall and hurt myself and bleed to death so they would prefer all patients not even take baby aspirin. So basically I felt like that appointment just made things worse. My husband left and said well this is good news we no long have a heart shaped uterus or any concerns. He said to my OB well now we can be taken off high risk bc this doctor said everything we have been told by NH is wrong. My OB laughed and said nope once you have been classified as MTHFR and heart shaped uterus I cannot just ignore it. So it looks like we are back to our jerk fetal maternal medicine doctor locally. I am currently still taking Lovenox.

On a totally random side note. Upenn is ranked really high in PA. I was shocked how disgusting and dirty Upenn was. They had trash all over the hall ways. Trash cans were over flowing everywhere you looked. They had stains all over the walls. The bathroom looked like like a dirty road side gas station bathroom. It was the dirtiest hospital I had even been in. I would never want to stay there lol.

[B]Ejohnson-[/B] Congrats on graduating!

[B]Mami2b-[/B] 3 embryos is still a great number. :pray: they make it to blast!

[B]Marylander-[/B] Congrats on the a great NT scan report!! I did not even know you can find out the sex during this scan. Congrats on being on team blue!! Any names yet? I wonder if my girl is a boy too lol

[B]Kcarey-[/B] Well that’s good news that they think your tubes have some spillage does this mean its possible to have a miracle nature baby? They prewarned me too of my high risk of ectopic. They said they just have to always do early USs in order to catch it. My ectopic never showed up on the US. If you have any hope that your tubes may work that is a good sign. I am sorry your RE is so pricey for IVF that is how mine was too. I really hope consult #3 is a lot less expensive. Awesome news about the antral follicle count!

[B]Zoey-[/B] Awesome beta! Congrats, any word on US?

[B]Sugar-gilr-[/B] Thank you! a lining of 7 a week after hysteroscopy is great news! Sounds like your FET will be next week!

[B]AFM-[/B] I had my Upenn appt yesterday. I left not feeling awesome lol. We saw Dr. Wang and Dr. Romas. Dr. Wang wanted to do a 3D US to look at the uterus. She said she sees a dip in the inside of the uterus but she feels like its on the side and not the top of the uterus. She said she think I have been misdiagnosed with a heart shaped uterus and she thinks I have adenomyosis. She said this will not effect anything with fertility or pregnancy. My OB said he is not going to be going off of that information. He said he is going off of NHs hysteroscopy. So now I am even more confused about stuff I did not want to be confused about. Then Dr.Romas talked about the Lovenox. She said if you ask an RE about lovenox they would say to stay on it. If you ask a fetal maternal medicine doctor they would say stop it. She said they do not have enough research proving any blood clotting disorders effect pregnancy. She told me that hetro MTHFR they have found to lower risk for gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. Which I am not hetro I am homo so that means nothing to me. She said they do not want me to fall and hurt myself and bleed to death so they would prefer all patients not even take baby aspirin. So basically I felt like that appointment just made things worse. My husband left and said well this is good news we no long have a heart shaped uterus or any concerns. He said to my OB well now we can be taken off high risk bc this doctor said everything we have been told by NH is wrong. My OB laughed and said nope once you have been classified as MTHFR and heart shaped uterus I cannot just ignore it. So it looks like we are back to our jerk fetal maternal medicine doctor locally. I am currently still taking Lovenox.

On a totally random side note. Upenn is ranked really high in PA. I was shocked how disgusting and dirty Upenn was. They had trash all over the hall ways. Trash cans were over flowing everywhere you looked. They had stains all over the walls. The bathroom looked like like a dirty road side gas station bathroom. It was the dirtiest hospital I had even been in. I would never want to stay there lol.

[QUOTE=eapatounas]

[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Navy”]It wasn’t results from the NT scan, it was the results from the MaterniT21 test. That is a blood test that analyzes the fetal DNA in the mother’s blood. They are able to count the # chromosomes in the fetal DNA and also see if there is an X or Y chromosome. My NT scan is still next week. We are not going to discuss names until I get past 28 weeks.

[QUOTE=eapatounas]
[B]AFM-[/B] I had my Upenn appt yesterday. I left not feeling awesome lol. We saw Dr. Wang and Dr. Romas. Dr. Wang wanted to do a 3D US to look at the uterus. She said she sees a dip in the inside of the uterus but she feels like its on the side and not the top of the uterus. She said she think I have been misdiagnosed with a heart shaped uterus and she thinks I have adenomyosis. She said this will not effect anything with fertility or pregnancy. My OB said he is not going to be going off of that information. He said he is going off of NHs hysteroscopy. So now I am even more confused about stuff I did not want to be confused about. Then Dr.Romas talked about the Lovenox. She said if you ask an RE about lovenox they would say to stay on it. If you ask a fetal maternal medicine doctor they would say stop it. She said they do not have enough research proving any blood clotting disorders effect pregnancy. She told me that hetro MTHFR they have found to lower risk for gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. Which I am not hetro I am homo so that means nothing to me. She said they do not want me to fall and hurt myself and bleed to death so they would prefer all patients not even take baby aspirin. So basically I felt like that appointment just made things worse. My husband left and said well this is good news we no long have a heart shaped uterus or any concerns. He said to my OB well now we can be taken off high risk bc this doctor said everything we have been told by NH is wrong. My OB laughed and said nope once you have been classified as MTHFR and heart shaped uterus I cannot just ignore it. So it looks like we are back to our jerk fetal maternal medicine doctor locally. I am currently still taking Lovenox.

On a totally random side note. Upenn is ranked really high in PA. I was shocked how disgusting and dirty Upenn was. They had trash all over the hall ways. Trash cans were over flowing everywhere you looked. They had stains all over the walls. The bathroom looked like like a dirty road side gas station bathroom. It was the dirtiest hospital I had even been in. I would never want to stay there lol.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Navy”]I am so sorry that your appointment left you with more questions and answers. That is not what you wanted at all. So you are sticking with your current doctor then? You would think that doctors would consult with each other and discuss your case so that they could agree on treatment, but I guess they just don’t do that. I can’t believe UPenn was so dirty and disgusting! That is terrible. I wonder what that heck is going on there. :grouphug:

[QUOTE=eapatounas] Then Dr.Romas talked about the Lovenox. She said if you ask an RE about lovenox they would say to stay on it. If you ask a fetal maternal medicine doctor they would say stop it. She said they do not have enough research proving any blood clotting disorders effect pregnancy.[/QUOTE]
My MFM is an expert in Thrombophilia and I don’t believe he would just tell you to stop Lovenox. I don’t approve of blanket statements made by doctors about what all other doctors would say. :wink: My MFM has done a ton of research about the topic and he believes his research proves that there is a strong link between thrombophilia factors and pregnancy complications:
http://www.kofinasperinatal.org/resources/file-library-/dr-kofinas-publications
You could try to get a consult with him. I don’t know if he does that stuff over the phone, but he’s located at New York Methodist Hospital in Brooklyn.

Emily- Thank, I hope you’re doing great!

Marylander- Congrats on a baby boy! How exciting. Im glad you passed your trisomies too. My IVF cycle would be about $15,000 total and if all my frozen embies are transferred with no success, all IVF treatment after is free ($750). This is a great deal if you want have lots of fertility issues, but mine is simply my tubes at this stage so I don’t know.

Zoey- Great beta- keep up those high numbers!

Ep- I’m sorry you had to hear conflicting stories about your uterus. I hate it when one doctor says one thing and another is opposing. That’s what I’m going though with my tubes and it’s driving me bat $hit crazy!
I hope they clean up their facility at Upenn- what a gross experience.

My consult was OK. He pissed me off a little when I told him how many 5 day blasts ladies were getting in the study and how many eggs, etc. He didn’t believe me! I told him I wasn’t there to promote NH, but no one had any reason to fabricate their eggs, blasts and that soon enough the data will be public knowledge. He said “Don’t believe everything you read online!” I told him these were people in the study with me, same Dr. same protocols. He does not offer “mini ivf” so he said it’s just a scam. I told him NH didn’t get ME pregnant, but they sure got most of the mini patients pregnant. I don’t think he liked hearing that. He also said I crushed his ego when he saw my file showed he was the FORTH RE I have consulted…lol… I told him I had never even heard of him before and that I lived 40 miles away from his practice. duh. Needless to say, we didn’t mess very well.
OH, and the creepiest part was when he was doing the TV U/S he asked me if I wanted to put it in myself! I laughed thinking he was joking but he said he was serious. Who does that?!? I mean, I could see if I was new to this and nervous, but I wasn’t. I know he was trying to be nice but that was just plain creepy!
My next consult is next Friday at CRM. The same RE that did my local monitoring and is highly rated. She is slightly more expensive but she insists I only need mini. She also will insist my tubes be removed prior to treatment.
Just another day in the life of an infertile woman…

[B]Marylander-[/B] Oh oops I was thinking it was the NT scan too FX for that next week! I can understand waiting till 28 weeks for the name. I am just so excited you are having a boy, a very active boy at that! My fetal maternal doc is just doing the NT scan if anything comes back wrong then they will do the materniT21 test.

I pretty much have to stick with my current doctor. Dr. Wang said my uterus is fine and in the future I might want to have it removed bc of the adenomyosis. I have been to 4 different REs in the past I cannot see them missing this. My doctors here said they rather be cautious and still treat it as a heart shaped uterus vs just guessing its probably not bc the dip is not totally center.

I was shocked by the trashiness of the place. Two old ladies in the elevator were there visiting there friend who fell and broke her hip. They told me they thought this hospital was dirty and I should go to Paoli lol. They were really cute old ladies.

[B]MMP-[/B] I am with you on the Thrombophilia. My RE said to me that sometimes he has woman test negative for all miscarriage panels and then they put them on Lovenox and they finally carry to term. He said no one knows if this is just luck or if it is truly helping. He said when your back is up against a wall its worth a shot. He said Lovenox is not a very aggressive blood thinner either. He said if you fell and cut yourself you are not going to bleed to death, he laughed at Upenns me falling and bleeding to death comment. I think sometimes fetal maternal med doctors forget that fertility patients cannot get pregnant and they do not have as many shots as having children as healthy couples that just have a miscarriage but can get pregnant again at the drop of a hat.I cannot believe they said baby aspirin is not even recommend to pregnant woman. I thought that is ridiculous.

[B]Kcarey-[/B] I had to crack up laughing at the probe thing. Dr. Wang did the same thing to me yesterday my husband said did that woman seriously ask you if you wanted to probe your own vagina. She sat down and explained vaginal USs to me for about 5 minutes I said I have had probably 1,000 of these things done. I thought the probe thing was incredibly creepy!

I am sorry you did not mesh well with your RE. He sounds like a egotistical jerk! I know exactly how you feel about being told different things by different doctors! Its so frustrating. I do not know what is correct or who to trust. It seems like none of these doctors know what they are talking about! What are you thoughts about your tubes? I am to the point with MTHFR and my uterus that I have no idea what I think or feel anymore.

[QUOTE=kcarey77]Emily- Thank, I hope you’re doing great!

Marylander- Congrats on a baby boy! How exciting. Im glad you passed your trisomies too. My IVF cycle would be about $15,000 total and if all my frozen embies are transferred with no success, all IVF treatment after is free ($750). This is a great deal if you want have lots of fertility issues, but mine is simply my tubes at this stage so I don’t know.

Zoey- Great beta- keep up those high numbers!

Ep- I’m sorry you had to hear conflicting stories about your uterus. I hate it when one doctor says one thing and another is opposing. That’s what I’m going though with my tubes and it’s driving me bat $hit crazy!
I hope they clean up their facility at Upenn- what a gross experience.

My consult was OK. He pissed me off a little when I told him how many 5 day blasts ladies were getting in the study and how many eggs, etc. He didn’t believe me! I told him I wasn’t there to promote NH, but no one had any reason to fabricate their eggs, blasts and that soon enough the data will be public knowledge. He said “Don’t believe everything you read online!” I told him these were people in the study with me, same Dr. same protocols. He does not offer “mini ivf” so he said it’s just a scam. I told him NH didn’t get ME pregnant, but they sure got most of the mini patients pregnant. I don’t think he liked hearing that. He also said I crushed his ego when he saw my file showed he was the FORTH RE I have consulted…lol… I told him I had never even heard of him before and that I lived 40 miles away from his practice. duh. Needless to say, we didn’t mess very well.
OH, and the creepiest part was when he was doing the TV U/S he asked me if I wanted to put it in myself! I laughed thinking he was joking but he said he was serious. Who does that?!? I mean, I could see if I was new to this and nervous, but I wasn’t. I know he was trying to be nice but that was just plain creepy!
My next consult is next Friday at CRM. The same RE that did my local monitoring and is highly rated. She is slightly more expensive but she insists I only need mini. She also will insist my tubes be removed prior to treatment.
Just another day in the life of an infertile woman…[/QUOTE]
:eek: He asked you if you wanted to put it in yourself!!! Sounds like an odd duck. I’ve never heard of that, ever. The ego comment is a little weird, too. He’s a doctor so getting second, third, and fourth opinions shouldn’t come as such a shock to him.

It sounds like you like CRM and they will do mini if you want it. Luckily the meds are a lot cheaper if you did pursue that route. Maybe they can tweak your protocol and give you lots of eggies to work with since they’ll have all of that history from NH. You won’t have to follow the trial protocol this time :slight_smile: Good luck!

Kelly-I would go with your gut. If one re is creeping you out it is not a good sign. I had an ivf consult with my re in sf prior to my initial appt with nh. He supported my decision to go to nh even though it meant losing business. It made me like him even more.

I would check sart.org regarding statistics for any re you are looking at. Some have very high statistics but only perform ivf a few times per year (I wouldn’t trust that). I believe NH doesn’t have the best sart statistics but they have a ton of experience and I don’t think the trial factors into their stats. Since people were getting such good results it made me decide to go with them. Keep in mind that stats don’t tell the whole story since some REs don’t accept difficult cases and want the easy ones to keep their stats high.

I think I’ve looked at almost all the REs in my state since doing ivf at my doctor was going to be $$$$. Even Matt asked me if the beds there were made of gold.

Good luck with your next consult. I think $750 for all future cycles in the event the first isn’t successful sounds like a great insurance policy.

Eap-sorry the appt left you with more questions than answers. It seems like there is no clear cut right answer which means there is no clear cut wrong answer as to what you should do with the lovenox.

[QUOTE=eapatounas][B]Marylander-[/B] Oh oops I was thinking it was the NT scan too FX for that next week! I can understand waiting till 28 weeks for the name. I am just so excited you are having a boy, a very active boy at that! My fetal maternal doc is just doing the NT scan if anything comes back wrong then they will do the materniT21 test.

I pretty much have to stick with my current doctor. Dr. Wang said my uterus is fine and in the future I might want to have it removed bc of the adenomyosis. I have been to 4 different REs in the past I cannot see them missing this. My doctors here said they rather be cautious and still treat it as a heart shaped uterus vs just guessing its probably not bc the dip is not totally center.

I was shocked by the trashiness of the place. Two old ladies in the elevator were there visiting there friend who fell and broke her hip. They told me they thought this hospital was dirty and I should go to Paoli lol. They were really cute old ladies.

[B]MMP-[/B] I am with you on the Thrombophilia. My RE said to me that sometimes he has woman test negative for all miscarriage panels and then they put them on Lovenox and they finally carry to term. He said no one knows if this is just luck or if it is truly helping. He said when your back is up against a wall its worth a shot. He said Lovenox is not a very aggressive blood thinner either. He said if you fell and cut yourself you are not going to bleed to death, he laughed at Upenns me falling and bleeding to death comment. I think sometimes fetal maternal med doctors forget that fertility patients cannot get pregnant and they do not have as many shots as having children as healthy couples that just have a miscarriage but can get pregnant again at the drop of a hat.I cannot believe they said baby aspirin is not even recommend to pregnant woman. I thought that is ridiculous.

[B]Kcarey-[/B] I had to crack up laughing at the probe thing. Dr. Wang did the same thing to me yesterday my husband said did that woman seriously ask you if you wanted to probe your own vagina. She sat down and explained vaginal USs to me for about 5 minutes I said I have had probably 1,000 of these things done. I thought the probe thing was incredibly creepy!

I am sorry you did not mesh well with your RE. He sounds like a egotistical jerk! I know exactly how you feel about being told different things by different doctors! Its so frustrating. I do not know what is correct or who to trust. It seems like none of these doctors know what they are talking about! What are you thoughts about your tubes? I am to the point with MTHFR and my uterus that I have no idea what I think or feel anymore.[/QUOTE]
Yeah…I don’t think I’d trust that doctor at all after hearing her give so much misinformation as fact at your first appointment. Baby aspirin not recommended for pg women? Pffft! Strange… That and the state of that hospital sounds horrific. Lovenox is prescribed to pregnant women because it is safe for pregnant women. I think some doctors don’t have much experience with it and they think it is the same as regular heparin (hence the bleeding to death comment).

I really would suggest trying to get a consult with Dr. Kofinas or Dr. Nguyen at Kofinas Perinatal because they are so versed in thrombo issues and the focus of their practice is on placental health. I’m positive they’ve had patients like you before and they’d recommend the safest route based on your history [I]and [/I]their experience.

[QUOTE=sugar-girl]Kelly-I would go with your gut. If one re is creeping you out it is not a good sign. I had an ivf consult with my re in sf prior to my initial appt with nh. He supported my decision to go to nh even though it meant losing business. It made me like him even more.

I would check sart.org regarding statistics for any re you are looking at. Some have very high statistics but only perform ivf a few times per year (I wouldn’t trust that). I believe NH doesn’t have the best sart statistics but they have a ton of experience and I don’t think the trial factors into their stats. Since people were getting such good results it made me decide to go with them. Keep in mind that stats don’t tell the whole story since some REs don’t accept difficult cases and want the easy ones to keep their stats high.

I think I’ve looked at almost all the REs in my state since doing ivf at my doctor was going to be $$$$. Even Matt asked me if the beds there were made of gold.

Good luck with your next consult. I think $750 for all future cycles in the event the first isn’t successful sounds like a great insurance policy.

Eap-sorry the appt left you with more questions than answers. It seems like there is no clear cut right answer which means there is no clear cut wrong answer as to what you should do with the lovenox.[/QUOTE]
Definitely check SART. I believe NH has pretty average SART stats, but their frozen transfers are above average. I think it is because they are strong proponents of single embryo transfers and FETs in general. My previous RE was all for me going to NH and she specifically said that they have great frozen stats. Clinics that have a two or more average embryo fresh transfer policy have higher stats for pregnancies, but not necessarily for live births. In other words, there are a lot of numbers to consider :wink:

[QUOTE=kcarey77]
My consult was OK. He pissed me off a little when I told him how many 5 day blasts ladies were getting in the study and how many eggs, etc. He didn’t believe me! I told him I wasn’t there to promote NH, but no one had any reason to fabricate their eggs, blasts and that soon enough the data will be public knowledge. He said “Don’t believe everything you read online!” I told him these were people in the study with me, same Dr. same protocols. He does not offer “mini ivf” so he said it’s just a scam.[/QUOTE]

Wow sounds like a real WINNER. Mini a scam? Tell that to all the women that have gotten their THB through mini ivf. I agree with sugar-girl, go with your gut. Before I found NH I had a consult and the RE corrected me when I said I had a m/c. He said ‘no you only had a chemical’. Really? Pregnant is pregnant a-hole! Needless to say I never went back. He had the nerve to call me a few weeks later to see when I would like to get started. I ignored his message.

Marylander-congrats on being team blue! Even better news that your test came back normal.

Megan- how did your procedure go today?

AFM-I still haven’t ovulated and I’m now waiting to hear back from NH once they check my blood work. I’m getting a little antsy to get to go back home. Warm weather plus humidity doesn’t agree with me. I miss the fog and my dog back in SF.

Mami- how are your embabies doing today?!? I’m hoping they keep growing to happy healthy blasts.