New Hope Fertility Center Clinical Trial

[quote=sugar-girl]Kelly-I would go with your gut. If one re is creeping you out it is not a good sign. I had an ivf consult with my re in sf prior to my initial appt with nh. He supported my decision to go to nh even though it meant losing business. It made me like him even more.

I would check sart.org regarding statistics for any re you are looking at. Some have very high statistics but only perform ivf a few times per year (I wouldn’t trust that). I believe NH doesn’t have the best sart statistics but they have a ton of experience and I don’t think the trial factors into their stats. Since people were getting such good results it made me decide to go with them. Keep in mind that stats don’t tell the whole story since some REs don’t accept difficult cases and want the easy ones to keep their stats high.

I think I’ve looked at almost all the REs in my state since doing ivf at my doctor was going to be $$$$. Even Matt asked me if the beds there were made of gold.

Good luck with your next consult. I think $750 for all future cycles in the event the first isn’t successful sounds like a great insurance policy.

Eap-sorry the appt left you with more questions than answers. It seems like there is no clear cut right answer which means there is no clear cut wrong answer as to what you should do with the lovenox.[/quote]

Thanks everyone. Yes, they are a member of SART which means they can only transfer 2 embryos at a time (suggested not more than 2) and he went straight to his computer to pull up NH’s pregnancy rates and everything! He was not letting anyone have better results than him. Surprisingly NH had low numbers with FET and pregnancies. They only had like 2 egg donors also- it must not have been up to date.
It was comical though. He does have the best “insurance” policy out there and even if we don’t mesh, if he can get me pregnancy, then I’ll use him.
I’m just going to do my last consult and them compare apples to apples and make a decision.

On another note there was a website that someone referred me to that has leftover fertility meds for sale on it- anyone remember the name? I need to cut corners here and save about $5,000 by buying used meds. Let me know if anyone hears of anything! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=sugar-girl]Mami- how are your embabies doing today?!? I’m hoping they keep growing to happy healthy blasts.[/QUOTE]

Lab called @ 9:30 this morning. 1 embryo was at the cavitating stage and 2 embryos were at the compacting stage. They were supposed to check again this afternoon and call me back but of course that didn’t happen and by the time I got home I tried to call but they are gone for the day. :grr:

Weight gain in first trimester

Hi All,

I am loosing weight and not gaining. mixed results by googling. Will it be a problem if we dont gain weight due to throwing and not feeling to eat anything.

[QUOTE=sugar-girl]Marylander-congrats on being team blue! Even better news that your test came back normal.

Megan- how did your procedure go today?

AFM-I still haven’t ovulated and I’m now waiting to hear back from NH once they check my blood work. I’m getting a little antsy to get to go back home. Warm weather plus humidity doesn’t agree with me. I miss the fog and my dog back in SF.[/QUOTE]
Sugar - Are you still here in NYC? It’s been so humid the last few days. I love the climate in SF and everything else about it. I’ve always considered it the place where I’ll end up :wink:

My hysteroscopy went well. Oh, except for the part where a woman (another patient) in the procedure holding area scowled and then scolded me for not having all my bangs tucked into my cap. I told her the staff would probably tell me to tuck it in before I went back if it was a problem. She said it “was going to get all over everyone’s embryos!” At that point I just stopped talking to her. First off, I wasn’t even in the procedure room and I didn’t want my bangs to get all f-ed up for the rest of the day. Secondly, I know how stressed IVF can make everyone, but we’re all in this together, right? No need to take that tone with me, lady. Lastly, I’ve seen the procedure room - they keep them spotless and have chambers to protect the embryos. I chuckled to myself when Dr. Luk walked in and she had her hair poking out everywhere from her cap.

After I woke up and I was in the recovery area, the woman next to me was getting her post-FET discharge instructions and seemed genuinely surprised and upset that she couldn’t do yoga or ride a bike for the next 5 days until her beta. I was delirious so I’m not sure, but I might have laughed out loud.

I totally would have laughed out loud too! Especially when she said you’d get hair all over everyone’s embryos! Bwa-ha-ha-ha! Man, I bet she was also the one complaining about not being able to bike ride or do yoga. Some people are so clueless!

Jaime, do what you think is best for your little one! No one would fault you either way, but it is a decision that you and only you (and DH) have to feel comfortable with. I would want an ultrasound as well and a few more betas before I ultimately made that decision to go off meds. Hang in there and keep us posted, you’re in our prayers!

As for me, I managed to pass my gestational diabetes test, and it was really easy. I don’t know why they freak women out with saying the stuff tastes horrible-it doesn’t at all, it tasted just like an orange soda, I almost asked if I could get a six pack of it to go! I didn’t feel a thing, no nausea or anything, but I think by the time they give you the test, most women (if they are lucky) should be past the nauseous phase of their pregnancy. I scored a 95. I think the cut off is 130 or 140 depending on your ob’s office protocol (and according to Dr. Google). That makes sense, though, being that my dad is a diabetic, and they want for him to keep his blood sugar at or below 120 after eating. In the morning, it is around 80 to 90 (fasting). I hadn’t had lunch yet, but had grazed on carbs, so I was pleased with the results! Next up, high risk office to see if I make it out of C-section range with my mid-grade placenta previa. I’m only at 1.3 and need to be at 2 cm. I only improved by .5 cm in 4 weeks last time, so I don’t think this month will be it, but hopefully by next month I’ll be in the clear. We’ll see on Monday.

Hugs to all! Kitty

My apologies to all as well! This weekend I WILL update the list! I’ve been overrun getting the classroom ready for the new school year, it took me five days alone to move my classroom (new principal request as of last Thursday to accomodate the addition of a new 4th grade teacher so she could be at the end of the 4th grade hall). The best news is I got to keep all of my magnetic white boards and maintenance showed up on Friday to put them up and the classroom looks amazing. I don’t yet have a lesson plan to my name and two brand new curriculums to wade through, but I have the weekend and Monday (a half day) to figure out the first week.

[QUOTE=ing13949]Hi All,

I am loosing weight and not gaining. mixed results by googling. Will it be a problem if we dont gain weight due to throwing and not feeling to eat anything.[/QUOTE]

You are fine, many people loose weight in the first trimester. Your doctor will want you to gain weight at a steady pace through the second and third trimesters though (1-2 lbs a week). I am sure they will discuss it with you. I was loosing weight at a good pace last pregnancy and the OB brought it up to me. This pregnancy I stated out overweight, have lost 4 lbs and nobody has said a thing. My issue hasn’t been throwing up but serious food aversions and nausea.

Pupo!!!

Sorry long time no update but things are always so busy and crazy. Went to NYC for my first FET last Tuesday. They transferred two “beautiful” embryos and I’m told everything went great. I go for bloodwork on Tuesday for my first beta. :cross: :cross: :cross:

I was reading some of your histories today and it seemed like some of you got BFPs by POAS before the bloodwork. Is it worth POAS or am I unlikely to get a BFP at this stage.

Also wondering what signs people might have been feeling prior to the first beta. My boobs are a bit sore which is par for the course for before a period. But wondering if that might be a good sign here.

Wishing everyone lots of luck with the various stages of baby making!

:bsv:

Oh and finally figured out how to update my signature!

Congrats on being PUPO. :cross: for a BFP!!!

[QUOTE=MadeInNY]Sorry long time no update but things are always so busy and crazy. Went to NYC for my first FET last Tuesday. They transferred two “beautiful” embryos and I’m told everything went great. I go for bloodwork on Tuesday for my first beta. :cross: :cross: :cross:

I was reading some of your histories today and it seemed like some of you got BFPs by POAS before the bloodwork. Is it worth POAS or am I unlikely to get a BFP at this stage.

Also wondering what signs people might have been feeling prior to the first beta. My boobs are a bit sore which is par for the course for before a period. But wondering if that might be a good sign here.

Wishing everyone lots of luck with the various stages of baby making!

:bsv:[/QUOTE]

Quick update

Dr. Zhang’s assistant emailed me today and said they saw no fluid in my tubes and he does not feel they are a concern moving forward. That’s a relief because that is now 2 RE’s that agree on my tubes.

My gf that referred me to Dr. T (my last consult) had her ER a week ago, she had 14 eggs at the age of 28.
11 of which fertilized. She had two embies transferred yesterday and when I asked her what stage she said she didn’t know. She did say they told her they were 10 hrs. behind but the Dr. was not concerned.
When I asked her how many totsicles she had left she said her last update stated that 6 more were discarded and she had 2 pending. Mind you, this update was 6 days after ER. Well, today she got a call that the other two did not make it blasts. She went though all this and only had two embryos! I will definitely not be going there, their embryology department is not very efficient.
I must say, if we can gather the funds for conv IVF here we are doing CRM. If we cant afford it, NH is looking better and better. I could not believe this poor young lady has no embryos left- out of 14 eggs!
No wonder why Dr. T did not believe me when I told him NH’s stats on FET. He cant even compare!

On another note, although my DH is totally against it, I started up an online Fundraiser to assist us with the cost of IVF medications. I posted the link on the NH Fertility FB group. I hope it’s not offensive to anyone. I hope you all can pass it along and share our story. Please do NOT feel obligated to make a donation, all I ask if that you share our story to help us reach our goal so we, too, can finally get our BFP!

https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/4zv2/the-carey-s-ivf-journey-3?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fb_share_stream.share&utm_campaign=BA_FBshare&og_action=hug&t=3&fb_ref=1250379

Congrats on being PUPO!

[quote=eapatounas][B]Ejohnson-[/B] Congrats on graduating!

[B]Mami2b-[/B] 3 embryos is still a great number. :pray: they make it to blast!

[B]Marylander-[/B] Congrats on the a great NT scan report!! I did not even know you can find out the sex during this scan. Congrats on being on team blue!! Any names yet? I wonder if my girl is a boy too lol

[B]Kcarey-[/B] Well that’s good news that they think your tubes have some spillage does this mean its possible to have a miracle nature baby? They prewarned me too of my high risk of ectopic. They said they just have to always do early USs in order to catch it. My ectopic never showed up on the US. If you have any hope that your tubes may work that is a good sign. I am sorry your RE is so pricey for IVF that is how mine was too. I really hope consult #3 is a lot less expensive. Awesome news about the antral follicle count!

[B]Zoey-[/B] Awesome beta! Congrats, any word on US?

[B]Sugar-gilr-[/B] Thank you! a lining of 7 a week after hysteroscopy is great news! Sounds like your FET will be next week!

[B]AFM-[/B] I had my Upenn appt yesterday. I left not feeling awesome lol. We saw Dr. Wang and Dr. Romas. Dr. Wang wanted to do a 3D US to look at the uterus. She said she sees a dip in the inside of the uterus but she feels like its on the side and not the top of the uterus. She said she think I have been misdiagnosed with a heart shaped uterus and she thinks I have adenomyosis. She said this will not effect anything with fertility or pregnancy. My OB said he is not going to be going off of that information. He said he is going off of NHs hysteroscopy. So now I am even more confused about stuff I did not want to be confused about. Then Dr.Romas talked about the Lovenox. She said if you ask an RE about lovenox they would say to stay on it. If you ask a fetal maternal medicine doctor they would say stop it. She said they do not have enough research proving any blood clotting disorders effect pregnancy. She told me that hetro MTHFR they have found to lower risk for gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. Which I am not hetro I am homo so that means nothing to me. She said they do not want me to fall and hurt myself and bleed to death so they would prefer all patients not even take baby aspirin. So basically I felt like that appointment just made things worse. My husband left and said well this is good news we no long have a heart shaped uterus or any concerns. He said to my OB well now we can be taken off high risk bc this doctor said everything we have been told by NH is wrong. My OB laughed and said nope once you have been classified as MTHFR and heart shaped uterus I cannot just ignore it. So it looks like we are back to our jerk fetal maternal medicine doctor locally. I am currently still taking Lovenox.

On a totally random side note. Upenn is ranked really high in PA. I was shocked how disgusting and dirty Upenn was. They had trash all over the hall ways. Trash cans were over flowing everywhere you looked. They had stains all over the walls. The bathroom looked like like a dirty road side gas station bathroom. It was the dirtiest hospital I had even been in. I would never want to stay there lol.[/quote]
E- What a pain! Sorry your still confused by all of this… such mixed theories and opinions your getting! When we had our first OB appointment, she told us that she was happy to continue with the Lovenox because it is such a low dose, and it is being used to prevent… not treat. She said that they will monitor it throughout to see whether or not it needs to be increased and that I will stay on it until we give birth. I couldn’t believe it honestly! If she had disagreed with it, we had decided prior that we would seek out another OB… But I am glad that we won’t have to know. One less complication to deal with! How are you feeling? Still spotting from that darn SCH? I was so glad to read that it is shrinking! Thank god!

Kelly - I am sorry your RE pissed you off. How strange to compare like that! I hope that NH knocks his socks off with the results of the trial and mini-IVF. My previous RE didn’t perform mini either and thought that it was a joke… I am in the same boat as Mami – he also corrected me when I said M/C the first time… He said “what you had was a chemical”. I was so put off by him but we were already in too deep to switch. So finding NH was a blessing, because we had just decided to stop seeing him all together! I hope everything works out well with your new RE though and he DOES get you prego regardless of his attitude. OR better yet, that your consult with CRM is exactly the place for you to be and you choose them! What kind of meds will you need for conventional? Oh & as for the t/v us and putting it in… Honestly, every single tech that I have ever seen has asked me to place it myself… No joke! My RE never did… and neither did NH though.

MMP - I am glad to hear your procedure went well!! That’s funny about the lady next to you and SO rude about the other with the hair comment. I’m glad Dr Luk walked out looking like that too!

Marylander - Congrats on the baby boy! & on the great test results! How exciting!

Kitty - That’s awesome that you passed your GD test :slight_smile: I hope all is well!

Jaime - Thinking of you… I hope you’re doing ok <3

Zoey - Great Beta!

Sorry if I left anyone out… I hope everyone else is doing great!

AFM: I have my 11 week appt coming up next week! & I can’t wait to see our LO again! I have since used the doppler again (twice)… and found the HB right away! Both times that I have used it the HR was 180 and fluttering right along! It’s such an amazing thing and seriously makes me feel so much more connected… Which was hard in the beginning since I have had losses in the past. It is still a little surreal though…

& we “officially” announced it on facebook… NOT planned until after my 11 week appointment, but oh well. DH’s grandma of all people… Accidentally called us out on Fb. & we didn’t have the heart to tell her or ask her to take it down! It wasn’t even a post about us… But about her 56th wedding anniversary, and how her husband has been an amazing father, grandfather and great grandfather to there “3 beautiful great grand daughters and one on the way (Congratulations Eric & Amanda)” Ughhhh… We were both dumb founded when we read it. Luckily she has like 30 friends, most of which were related to… But you know how that goes, someone likes it… then their friends can see it and so on! Luckily my sister was able to come over and snap a few pictures quick then we announced it later that day. We were debating on doing it this weekend anyway, today is our 6 year wedding anniversary so oh well… just a week before planned.

Here are a few of our announcement pics…
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/alb023/DSCN0608_zps6329e456.jpg

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/alb023/DSCN0614_zps967e8bda.jpg

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/alb023/DSCN0603_zps2ed63367.jpg

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/alb023/DSCN0611-001_zps1e63b802.jpg

[B]MMP-[/B] Yeah I pretty much checked out half way through the appointment. It was all gibberish! I will have to look into having a phone consult with them. I even thought about seeing a local hematologist to see what they would say. My MIL is an oncology nurse and she recommended trying them.

LOL it sounds like that lady you were with is a nut case. I remember the 1st time I went back to the procedure room. 5 girls were in the waiting room. They all had make up on and jewelery on and their bangs all cute and hanging out. I was make up less, smelly from no deodorant and my hair was pulled back completely. The next time I went back to the procedure room I just went with my make up and hair done. The nurse even told me she loved my foundation and asked me where I got it from lol.

[B]Sugar-girl-[/B] I hope you have the big O soon and you can get home to SF soon!

[B]Mami2b-[/B] Any word on the kids?

[B]ING-[/B] I have lost 8 pounds so far and I am 10 weeks tomorrow. My OB seemed a little concerned just bc the fact I am not throwing up. He said if you are throwing up its expected for the weight loss. The nausea is making me not want to eat plus the added stress from bed rest is making me not have much of an appetite. I think just try to eat what you can handle and just try to make sure you are trying to eat healthy stuff. I have been living off of fresh fruit and chicken corn soup.

[B]Americanjavakitty-[/B] I am so glad you passed the diabetes test. I cannot believe you loved the orange drink LOL. That stuff is nasty! Its so sickeningly sweet. It always upsets my stomach. I go for my first screening in the next few weeks. They told me because of my PCOS and me stopping my metformin in the next few weeks I will have more diabetes tests. They did not say how many more. Hopefully not many! I did not know until recently that PCOS makes you a higher risk of gestational diabetes.
Ahh I just realized I will be a grad from NH on the list! So exciting!!

[B]MadeinNY-[/B] Congrats on being PUPO!! I tested out the trigger. Which means I tested everyday until my beta. Usually by 5dpt the trigger shot is out of your system. You should use the same brand test and test the same time everyday. Then tape them to a piece of paper so you can compare them. If they are getting darker you know its a true positive. Some peoples tests go negative and then positive others stayed positive the entire time. As for symptoms the PIO and Estrace usually mimic pregnancy so its hard to tell. FX you get that BFP next week!

[B]Kcarey-[/B] I really think NH sucks at communication but their embryologist is the best. I have heard a lot of woman be in similar situations to your friends. My RE told me they usually like to get around 20 eggs and the goal is for 6 to make it. I thought that sounded terrible! I really hope you guys get the funds you need and you can feel comfortable with your doctors. Do any of the practices have any grantees or insurance policies. Shady grove has one in MD but it is insanely expensive. It seems like its not cost effective to do it. Its 30k plus medication costs and you have to have a health screening to qulifiy so you know they are only picking ppl they know will have success.

[B]ALB-[/B] Maybe I should move to where you live and see your OB lol. Your OB doesn’t plan on switching you to heparin at 37 weeks? My OB was all for it until the SCH. I see him Wednesday I hope now that the bleed is better he will jump back on the Lovenox train with me! I have not bled red blood in 4 days!!! Just brown blood but I will take brown over red anyday. I am hoping maybe this means its the end of the SCH. I LOVE your announcement photos. After seeing yours I totally wanna copy you and do announcement photos lol. I still have no luck with the doppler! When I see my OB I am bringing my doppler with me! Oh my gosh I did not know DHs grandma outed you lol too funny! That is actually really cute and sweet. I would have been shocked and little upset as well. Oh well just gotta go with the flow of things now!

[B]AFM-[/B] I was so angry yesterday. I had to tell my DH’s cousin I am pregnant. Simply bc I was to do all 6 bridesmaids and her hair for her upcoming wedding and I had to back out. I have known my DHs cousin since I was 5 years old. I trust her I know she would not tell anyone. Well her evil step mother(my husbands aunt.) saw her yesterday and said I know Elizabeth is pregnant why else wouldn’t she be doing the hair for the wedding all of a sudden. DH’s cousin said well Elizabeth just told me she has a bleed from complications from her recent surgery. Evil Aunt laughed at her and said I am not an idiot I know shes pregnant and I think its wrong shes hiding it. She said I already called the entire family to tell them. I am going to be outting her. DHs cousin said she just walked away from evil Aunt. Well then DHs cousin called me to prewarn me what this evil witch did. DHs cousins bridal shower is nextx Saturday and I have to see this evil witch. Evil Aunt even told Dhs cousin she does not want to be at her shower she would rather be at her lake house. I thought I hope she backs out and goes to her stupid lake house. I was so angry bc of all people this aunt has had 5 miscarriages and should know exactly why we are protecting ourselves right now. This is the aunt I reached out to after we had several miscarriages. She told me to relax and I would get pregnant and then she told me that kids are not really even worth all this trouble. She said her daughter Sophie is just a giant pain in the A$$. I thought okay well never asking you for advice again you heartless nut case. My MIL also prewarned me her sister is nosing around and being a little insensitive. No family members have asked or said anything to me yet. So I am just ignoring this whole situation.

Only one of the remaining 3 made it to blast. Embryologist said the quality of the other 2 just weren’t up to their standards to freeze. I feel like such a failure. Why can’t I make more blasts?! My patience is waning with this process not to mention our credit cards are almost maxed out! Will do personals later.

[QUOTE=Mami2B]Only one of the remaining 3 made it to blast. Embryologist said the quality of the other 2 just weren’t up to their standards to freeze. I feel like such a failure. Why can’t I make more blasts?! My patience is waning with this process not to mention our credit cards are almost maxed out! Will do personals later.[/QUOTE]

:frowning: I am sorry to hear only 1 made it. On the bright side one is better than none. You still have 3 embryos that is not a bad amount. I know your goal is 6. Do you know what quality your 3 are? Are you planning on doing more mini rounds? I am sure that is really rough on the wallet. I hope you can catch a break soon.

[quote=alb023]E- What a pain! Sorry your still confused by all of this… such mixed theories and opinions your getting! When we had our first OB appointment, she told us that she was happy to continue with the Lovenox because it is such a low dose, and it is being used to prevent… not treat. She said that they will monitor it throughout to see whether or not it needs to be increased and that I will stay on it until we give birth. I couldn’t believe it honestly! If she had disagreed with it, we had decided prior that we would seek out another OB… But I am glad that we won’t have to know. One less complication to deal with! How are you feeling? Still spotting from that darn SCH? I was so glad to read that it is shrinking! Thank god!

Kelly - I am sorry your RE pissed you off. How strange to compare like that! I hope that NH knocks his socks off with the results of the trial and mini-IVF. My previous RE didn’t perform mini either and thought that it was a joke… I am in the same boat as Mami – he also corrected me when I said M/C the first time… He said “what you had was a chemical”. I was so put off by him but we were already in too deep to switch. So finding NH was a blessing, because we had just decided to stop seeing him all together! I hope everything works out well with your new RE though and he DOES get you prego regardless of his attitude. OR better yet, that your consult with CRM is exactly the place for you to be and you choose them! What kind of meds will you need for conventional? Oh & as for the t/v us and putting it in… Honestly, every single tech that I have ever seen has asked me to place it myself… No joke! My RE never did… and neither did NH though.

MMP - I am glad to hear your procedure went well!! That’s funny about the lady next to you and SO rude about the other with the hair comment. I’m glad Dr Luk walked out looking like that too!

Marylander - Congrats on the baby boy! & on the great test results! How exciting!

Kitty - That’s awesome that you passed your GD test :slight_smile: I hope all is well!

Jaime - Thinking of you… I hope you’re doing ok <3

Zoey - Great Beta!

Sorry if I left anyone out… I hope everyone else is doing great!

AFM: I have my 11 week appt coming up next week! & I can’t wait to see our LO again! I have since used the doppler again (twice)… and found the HB right away! Both times that I have used it the HR was 180 and fluttering right along! It’s such an amazing thing and seriously makes me feel so much more connected… Which was hard in the beginning since I have had losses in the past. It is still a little surreal though…

& we “officially” announced it on facebook… NOT planned until after my 11 week appointment, but oh well. DH’s grandma of all people… Accidentally called us out on Fb. & we didn’t have the heart to tell her or ask her to take it down! It wasn’t even a post about us… But about her 56th wedding anniversary, and how her husband has been an amazing father, grandfather and great grandfather to there “3 beautiful great grand daughters and one on the way (Congratulations Eric & Amanda)” Ughhhh… We were both dumb founded when we read it. Luckily she has like 30 friends, most of which were related to… But you know how that goes, someone likes it… then their friends can see it and so on! Luckily my sister was able to come over and snap a few pictures quick then we announced it later that day. We were debating on doing it this weekend anyway, today is our 6 year wedding anniversary so oh well… just a week before planned.

Here are a few of our announcement pics…
http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/alb023/DSCN0608_zps6329e456.jpg

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/alb023/DSCN0614_zps967e8bda.jpg

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/alb023/DSCN0603_zps2ed63367.jpg

http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t670/alb023/DSCN0611-001_zps1e63b802.jpg[/quote]

Thank you , Amanda! I am so happy for you and your DH! What a gorgeous couple. You two will be great parents and knowing that so many of you had success with mini makes me keep NH in mind. :grouphug:

Mami! I am so very sorry to hear all your embies did not make it blasts. I was praying for them and for everyone else too. On the bright side, you have 3 good ones that could be your THBs! I will continue to pray for you and that one of those are your baby. :pray:

Megan- I’m glad your hystro went well. It’s not so bad, right? I hope you can proceed with FET soon. That lady in the room with you was a spiteful person. You know what they say- misery loves company! You did good. Kill them all with kindness :grouphug:

[quote=eapatounas][B]MMP-[/B] Yeah I pretty much checked out half way through the appointment. It was all gibberish! I will have to look into having a phone consult with them. I even thought about seeing a local hematologist to see what they would say. My MIL is an oncology nurse and she recommended trying them.

LOL it sounds like that lady you were with is a nut case. I remember the 1st time I went back to the procedure room. 5 girls were in the waiting room. They all had make up on and jewelery on and their bangs all cute and hanging out. I was make up less, smelly from no deodorant and my hair was pulled back completely. The next time I went back to the procedure room I just went with my make up and hair done. The nurse even told me she loved my foundation and asked me where I got it from lol.

[B]Sugar-girl-[/B] I hope you have the big O soon and you can get home to SF soon!

[B]Mami2b-[/B] Any word on the kids?

[B]ING-[/B] I have lost 8 pounds so far and I am 10 weeks tomorrow. My OB seemed a little concerned just bc the fact I am not throwing up. He said if you are throwing up its expected for the weight loss. The nausea is making me not want to eat plus the added stress from bed rest is making me not have much of an appetite. I think just try to eat what you can handle and just try to make sure you are trying to eat healthy stuff. I have been living off of fresh fruit and chicken corn soup.

[B]Americanjavakitty-[/B] I am so glad you passed the diabetes test. I cannot believe you loved the orange drink LOL. That stuff is nasty! Its so sickeningly sweet. It always upsets my stomach. I go for my first screening in the next few weeks. They told me because of my PCOS and me stopping my metformin in the next few weeks I will have more diabetes tests. They did not say how many more. Hopefully not many! I did not know until recently that PCOS makes you a higher risk of gestational diabetes.
Ahh I just realized I will be a grad from NH on the list! So exciting!!

[B]MadeinNY-[/B] Congrats on being PUPO!! I tested out the trigger. Which means I tested everyday until my beta. Usually by 5dpt the trigger shot is out of your system. You should use the same brand test and test the same time everyday. Then tape them to a piece of paper so you can compare them. If they are getting darker you know its a true positive. Some peoples tests go negative and then positive others stayed positive the entire time. As for symptoms the PIO and Estrace usually mimic pregnancy so its hard to tell. FX you get that BFP next week!

[B]Kcarey-[/B] I really think NH sucks at communication but their embryologist is the best. I have heard a lot of woman be in similar situations to your friends. My RE told me they usually like to get around 20 eggs and the goal is for 6 to make it. I thought that sounded terrible! I really hope you guys get the funds you need and you can feel comfortable with your doctors. Do any of the practices have any grantees or insurance policies. Shady grove has one in MD but it is insanely expensive. It seems like its not cost effective to do it. Its 30k plus medication costs and you have to have a health screening to qulifiy so you know they are only picking ppl they know will have success.

[B]ALB-[/B] Maybe I should move to where you live and see your OB lol. Your OB doesn’t plan on switching you to heparin at 37 weeks? My OB was all for it until the SCH. I see him Wednesday I hope now that the bleed is better he will jump back on the Lovenox train with me! I have not bled red blood in 4 days!!! Just brown blood but I will take brown over red anyday. I am hoping maybe this means its the end of the SCH. I LOVE your announcement photos. After seeing yours I totally wanna copy you and do announcement photos lol. I still have no luck with the doppler! When I see my OB I am bringing my doppler with me! Oh my gosh I did not know DHs grandma outed you lol too funny! That is actually really cute and sweet. I would have been shocked and little upset as well. Oh well just gotta go with the flow of things now!

[B]AFM-[/B] I was so angry yesterday. I had to tell my DH’s cousin I am pregnant. Simply bc I was to do all 6 bridesmaids and her hair for her upcoming wedding and I had to back out. I have known my DHs cousin since I was 5 years old. I trust her I know she would not tell anyone. Well her evil step mother(my husbands aunt.) saw her yesterday and said I know Elizabeth is pregnant why else wouldn’t she be doing the hair for the wedding all of a sudden. DH’s cousin said well Elizabeth just told me she has a bleed from complications from her recent surgery. Evil Aunt laughed at her and said I am not an idiot I know shes pregnant and I think its wrong shes hiding it. She said I already called the entire family to tell them. I am going to be outting her. DHs cousin said she just walked away from evil Aunt. Well then DHs cousin called me to prewarn me what this evil witch did. DHs cousins bridal shower is nextx Saturday and I have to see this evil witch. Evil Aunt even told Dhs cousin she does not want to be at her shower she would rather be at her lake house. I thought I hope she backs out and goes to her stupid lake house. I was so angry bc of all people this aunt has had 5 miscarriages and should know exactly why we are protecting ourselves right now. This is the aunt I reached out to after we had several miscarriages. She told me to relax and I would get pregnant and then she told me that kids are not really even worth all this trouble. She said her daughter Sophie is just a giant pain in the A$$. I thought okay well never asking you for advice again you heartless nut case. My MIL also prewarned me her sister is nosing around and being a little insensitive. No family members have asked or said anything to me yet. So I am just ignoring this whole situation.[/quote]

For what it’s worth- I do not like your evil aunt! What an evil woman for taking the joy out of one’s pregnancy announcement for personal gain and selfish reasons. That is family- you don’t mess with family! UGH, I cant stand when people do that stuff. I’m sorry. And, I hope she didn’t destroy your plans to announce your PG when the time comes… :grouphug:

LOL I am glad you hate my DHs evil Aunt too. I am not going to let her ruin this. We are just ignoring it and we will announce when we are good and ready and she can just shove it!

This woman on my wedding day decided to try to start crap too. My MIL wanted her second cousins to be invited to the wedding and I told her no unless she wanted to pay for them to come. My DH and I paid every penny for our own wedding. Well 30 seconds before I walked down the aisle the DJ asked if the seats were full. She replayed well just on the brides side the grooms is empty because no one was invited. Which was totally untrue both sides were full! My MIL was so angry with me. It took both my MIL and I years to realize her stupid sister was pushing a wedge between us. I explained to my MIL my Dad was 10 brothers and sisters and my mom had 3 brothers and 3 step brothers and sisters. She only has 2 siblings and DHs dad has 1. Therefore my side has a much larger immediate family. If I invited all my parents seconds cousins we would have filled an entire state. This evil Aunt just has nothing better to do but to be a jerk!

[quote=eapatounas]LOL I am glad you hate my DHs evil Aunt too. I am not going to let her ruin this. We are just ignoring it and we will announce when we are good and ready and she can just shove it!

This woman on my wedding day decided to try to start crap too. My MIL wanted her second cousins to be invited to the wedding and I told her no unless she wanted to pay for them to come. My DH and I paid every penny for our own wedding. Well 30 seconds before I walked down the aisle the DJ asked if the seats were full. She replayed well just on the brides side the grooms is empty because no one was invited. Which was totally untrue both sides were full! My MIL was so angry with me. It took both my MIL and I years to realize her stupid sister was pushing a wedge between us. I explained to my MIL my Dad was 10 brothers and sisters and my mom had 3 brothers and 3 step brothers and sisters. She only has 2 siblings and DHs dad has 1. Therefore my side has a much larger immediate family. If I invited all my parents seconds cousins we would have filled an entire state. This evil Aunt just has nothing better to do but to be a jerk![/quote]

WOW- you do have a big family! Same here, we paid for everything on our wedding day and no one was telling me who was or wasn’t invited. However, it was the opposite for us in regard to guests. DH has the huge family and I (no joke) had 6 relatives out of 100 attend my wedding. Two of them were in the wedding party. DH had aunts, uncles, cousins, two sets of grandprents, etc. I had 3 cousins, my twin sister and my aunt and Uncle. It was a pretty harsh reality that my family is $hit for the lack of a better word.
I’m glad you’re not letting her get to you- atta girl! Hope you’re doing well.