New Hope Fertility Center Clinical Trial

[QUOTE=eapatounas]:frowning: I am sorry to hear only 1 made it. On the bright side one is better than none. You still have 3 embryos that is not a bad amount. I know your goal is 6. Do you know what quality your 3 are? Are you planning on doing more mini rounds? I am sure that is really rough on the wallet. I hope you can catch a break soon.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know the quality. I just know its another hatching blast so I have 2 of those and a fully hatched blast. DH has talked me off the ledge so I’m feeling better. He seems to think as long as I’m making blasts it’s okay. He says I’m too hung up on the numbers which I probably am. I just keep thinking that if 60-80% of my eggs will be abnormal then I need a lot. I remember Dr. Chang telling me before this cycle that I may be one of those women that only produces 1 good egg a month and that is okay. We’ve decided to do one more round and send what we have for testing. If none come back as normal then we will do a fresh cycle will clomid or femara only since pills are covered by my insurance. If we don’t have any luck by December I will switch to DHs insurance which has IF coverage.

[QUOTE=kcarey77]Dr. Zhang’s assistant emailed me today and said they saw no fluid in my tubes and he does not feel they are a concern moving forward. That’s a relief because that is now 2 RE’s that agree on my tubes.

My gf that referred me to Dr. T (my last consult) had her ER a week ago, she had 14 eggs at the age of 28.
11 of which fertilized. She had two embies transferred yesterday and when I asked her what stage she said she didn’t know. She did say they told her they were 10 hrs. behind but the Dr. was not concerned.
When I asked her how many totsicles she had left she said her last update stated that 6 more were discarded and she had 2 pending. Mind you, this update was 6 days after ER. Well, today she got a call that the other two did not make it blasts. She went though all this and only had two embryos! I will definitely not be going there, their embryology department is not very efficient.
I must say, if we can gather the funds for conv IVF here we are doing CRM. If we cant afford it, NH is looking better and better. I could not believe this poor young lady has no embryos left- out of 14 eggs!
No wonder why Dr. T did not believe me when I told him NH’s stats on FET. He cant even compare!
[/QUOTE]

Dr. T was my RE before NH. You are correct, their lab is very suspect IMO. My good friend had a similar experience as your friend. She had 11 blasts but by the time she made it to ET they had arrested. She was devastated. I have referred her to NH.

I am still not over the fact that he scheduled a D&C for me for 2 days after my 1st beta. Really? I also never got a WTF meeting after my m/c. After speaking with other women that have gone to him I discovered his protocol for 40+ women was very cookie cutter and not customized like he led me to believe.

[QUOTE=kcarey77]Mami! I am so very sorry to hear all your embies did not make it blasts. I was praying for them and for everyone else too. On the bright side, you have 3 good ones that could be your THBs! I will continue to pray for you and that one of those are your baby. :pray: [/QUOTE]

Thank you for your prayers. We will do one more mini round for the PGD testing. No matter what, I do feel confident that NH can and will help get me my THB. I have complete confidence in their ability and so does DH.

[B]Kcarey-[/B] Yes we have a huge family! I was actually thinking about how we are probably only going to have 1 or maybe 2 kids and how small of a family they will have. I only have 2 brothers and I doubt they will have many if any kids. I am so used to having like 50 plus 1st cousins. Both a big family and small family has its pros and cons. I know a lot of my cousins are almost as close as if not closer than siblings. So hopefully our kids grow up as if they were cousins and not second cousins. I cannot believe you only had 6 relatives! Sounds like DH has a pretty big family too. I hope you are pretty close with them if you are not close with yours.

[B]Mami2b-[/B] Hatching blast is an amazing quality. My ectopic embryo was just a 5 day blast not expanding or hatching grade 330 BC. My current embryo was just expanding not hatching. That was a grade 422 B embryo so I would assume your embryos are probably higher quality. Even if you do more one cycle and just get one more embryo 4 is an great number. If you do a natural cycle or clomid cycle is that still just as expensive? It sounds like switching to DHs insurance would be a smart idea. Do they cover IVF or just infertility testing and meds? Did they give you a percent of what they thought embryos would be adnormal? I would think with mini hopefully most of the embryos come back normal.

[QUOTE=eapatounas]
[B]Mami2b-[/B] Hatching blast is an amazing quality. My ectopic embryo was just a 5 day blast not expanding or hatching grade 330 BC. My current embryo was just expanding not hatching. That was a grade 422 B embryo so I would assume your embryos are probably higher quality. Even if you do more one cycle and just get one more embryo 4 is an great number. If you do a natural cycle or clomid cycle is that still just as expensive? It sounds like switching to DHs insurance would be a smart idea. Do they cover IVF or just infertility testing and meds? Did they give you a percent of what they thought embryos would be adnormal? I would think with mini hopefully most of the embryos come back normal.[/QUOTE]

DH’s insurance is 10k IF coverage total. Mine was 15k which I maxed out at my former clinic. For my age I’ve read everything from 50-80% of embies being abnormal. The thing is I don’t know if that stat is from embies in 1 cycle on high does of meds, etc. You might be right about mini having better odds. Thanks for making me feel better!

Btw DH comes from a big family too and he has a loopy auntie. Every time we are at family functions she runs up to me a pats my stomach and says very loudly “you pregnant yet?” God forbid if she knew we were doing IVF. The world would know!

[QUOTE=Mami2B]DH’s insurance is 10k IF coverage total. Mine was 15k which I maxed out at my former clinic. For my age I’ve read everything from 50-80% of embies being abnormal. The thing is I don’t know if that stat is from embies in 1 cycle on high does of meds, etc. You might be right about mini having better odds. Thanks for making me feel better!

Btw DH comes from a big family too and he has a loopy auntie. Every time we are at family functions she runs up to me a pats my stomach and says very loudly “you pregnant yet?” God forbid if she knew we were doing IVF. The world would know![/QUOTE]

Wow that’s crazy you have used that much coverage at your old clinic. Can you switch to DHs insurance now or does it need to be an end of the year thing?

I think mini would give you much better quality eggs. Have you and DH had any testing done on your chromosomes?

Oh my gosh your aunt would drive me nuts! Better she doesn’t know about IVF. Gotta love when people ask you about babies. My moms step sister is mentally handicap and she understands we are trying to have a baby but she doesn’t understand IVF. My mom and I were discussing ivf with my grandma and my moms step sister was sitting there. My moms step sister chimed in with “you should get mad at your husband and then have make up sex, that’s how my friend got pregnant.” It was like awkward silence and then my grandma bursted out laughing. She told her that’s now how it works.

[QUOTE=eapatounas]Wow that’s crazy you have used that much coverage at your old clinic. Can you switch to DHs insurance now or does it need to be an end of the year thing?

I think mini would give you much better quality eggs. Have you and DH had any testing done on your chromosomes?

Oh my gosh your aunt would drive me nuts! Better she doesn’t know about IVF. Gotta love when people ask you about babies. My moms step sister is mentally handicap and she understands we are trying to have a baby but she doesn’t understand IVF. My mom and I were discussing ivf with my grandma and my moms step sister was sitting there. My moms step sister chimed in with “you should get mad at your husband and then have make up sex, that’s how my friend got pregnant.” It was like awkward silence and then my grandma bursted out laughing. She told her that’s now how it works.[/QUOTE]
Elizabeth - this is a bit off topic, but which doctor suggested the prednisone for you? I’m scheduled for a phone consult with Dr. Braverman at the end of the month but the next transfer could be before that. Dr. Luk mentioned that we should consider changing up my meds for this cycle and I think prednisone is on the list of possible options.

Dr. T at Fertility CARE was your RE? Where do you live? That’s crazy- small world!
I agree whole heartedly, NH knows what they are doing. I know you will get your THB- the fact that you are producing such advanced blasts is wonderful!
I’m glad DH made you feel better. I think he is right, try to not concentrate on the #'s and focus on the big picture. It’s hard to do but it sounds like you are already ahead of the game, hun.
DH and I talked about NH again last night. If we can’t come up with the $15-$19,000 for conv IVF with confidence we will have frozen blasts at CRM then I think we may bite the bullet and fly up again. Do you know if they only do FET’s at NH with mini IVF? My RE here offers mini but she does fresh transfers so I was curious if you even had a choice as a patient.

[QUOTE=kcarey77]Dr. T at Fertility CARE was your RE? Where do you live? That’s crazy- small world!
I agree whole heartedly, NH knows what they are doing. I know you will get your THB- the fact that you are producing such advanced blasts is wonderful!
I’m glad DH made you feel better. I think he is right, try to not concentrate on the #'s and focus on the big picture. It’s hard to do but it sounds like you are already ahead of the game, hun.
DH and I talked about NH again last night. If we can’t come up with the $15-$19,000 for conv IVF with confidence we will have frozen blasts at CRM then I think we may bite the bullet and fly up again. Do you know if they only do FET’s at NH with mini IVF? My RE here offers mini but she does fresh transfers so I was curious if you even had a choice as a patient.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I thought you were talking about Dr. T @ SIRM here in NY! Who would’ve thought there’s 2 Dr. T’s that are REs? I asked the same question about fresh transfers at NH and was told that because they use Clomid and it thins the lining for most, they don’t really, but I’m sure they will consider it on an individual basis.

eapatounas - I will need to wait until January to switch my insurance. I did the Counsyl genetic testing and everything looked fine so they said DH didn’t have to test.

Amanda- I think I remember you saying you got a Sonoline B doppler? Where did you get it?

Of corse after I graduate I start cramping like crazy. Saturday I had menstrual cramps for an hour or so so I sat down with my feet up. Today I have sharp pains on the inside of my pubic bone. I dont see my Dr until the 20th but am terrified something went wrong after graduation and now I’m out of the trial with no baby. Trying to stay positive though. I just don’t remember this with DD but that was also 6 years ago

[B]MMP-[/B] Dr. Luk was the one that suggested the prednisone. She said that sometimes they see the moms body fighting off the pregnancy and the prednisone is supposed to help with that. They told me around 9-10 weeks to come off of it. I just stopped my last dose today at 10 weeks. It does increase your risk for cleft palate/lip. I felt like that was worth the risk. After Dr. Luk suggested it they almost forgot to put me on it. It was not until I saw Amanda started it I remembered I was supposed to be starting prednisone.

[B]Mami2b-[/B] January is not that far away which is good news. That is great the genetic testing came back good! Sounds like you have a very good chance of your embryos being normal. You will be pregnant before you know it:-)

[B]Ejohnson-[/B] I got the sonoline B doppler too. I still cannot get the heartbeat. My husband has tried as well. I have watched videos and everything. You check out craigs list or ebay for one. They are a lot cheaper and sometimes even brand new. I got a brand new one never even opened on ebay for $50.

[B]AFM-[/B] Today my right side pain is almost unbearable. I have been in bed with a heating pack all day. I have a mild fever and sweaty from the pain and the pain is running down my right leg. I have a call into my OB and I waiting to hear back. This feels almost exactly like my ectopic rupture felt. I know there is no way that is the issue. No bright red blood today (thank god) just brown so I think thats a good sign.

[B]MMP15[/B]- Glad your procedure went well. I can’t believe that crazy lady in the waiting room. Some people I have met back in that room are so nice, others are strange birds! I hope you did laugh out loud at that woman in recovery.

[B]Kitty[/B]- Congrats on passing your gestational diabetes test! TBH, those drinks look good to me, they have them in all of my OB’s rooms and when I am thirsty I always look at them thinking they look like those tiny bottles of crazy sugar drink I had as a kid.

[B]Alb[/B]- I love those photos, how cure are you two! Sorry your Grandma outted you, that is too funny. So glad my parents don’t use FB because I would be so nervous about what they say on there. Also, congrats on 6 years together!

[B]Eapa[/B]- I don’t know how you don’t just go [email protected]$* crazy on that crazy evil aunt. She sounds so horrendous. I am glad you are going to ignore her antics and just announce when you are good and ready. Although most of my family already knows, I would be very upset if someone announced it to the whole family without our permission. Sorry you have not found the hb yet, it really can be difficult before 12 weeks. One thing I find is that I have to tilt the wand at an angle, if it is totally parallel to my stomach I don’t hear anything. Also, the baby is always on my right side, same with my last pregnancy. I always find it between my hip and belly button. I hope that the pain you are having is nothing bad. Could you have a ruptured cyst? Oh I hope it isn’t your appendix, but even if it is, you will be OK. I hope they call you back soon.

[B]Mami2B[/B]- So sorry about only one making it. I am sure you have some good ones, probably all good ones, waiting for you. I think you have a good plan going forward. My BFP came from a hatching blast, it is so amazing you have two hatched and a hatching! Hopefully this last round will get you a few more. NH will get you that baby!

[B]Kcarey[/B]- I think NH has to do FETs with mini, it is their protocol with their version of mini that was developed in Japan.

[B]Ejohnson[/B]-I have a sonoline B and I ordered it from ebay. They had good prices there last I checked. Sorry about the cramping. Sorry if this is TMI, but have you had a BM lately? My cramping gets so bad if I don’t do that at least every other day. Fingers crossed everything is just fine with the baby.

AFM- I did my blood pressure test at a CVS this weekend and it was high. 130 over 77. It has never been high, it is usually low-normal. I hope this was a one off and it isn’t accurate. My DH did his just before me and his was good. I have also had some headaches, so I hope this is nothing. It is too early for blood pressure issues in pregnancy, I am probably just stressed out. I have my high risk appointment this week so I am sure they will take my blood pressure.

[quote=Marylander24]
[B]Ejohnson[/B]-I have a sonoline B and I ordered it from ebay. They had good prices there last I checked. Sorry about the cramping. Sorry if this is TMI, but have you had a BM lately? My cramping gets so bad if I don’t do that at least every other day. Fingers crossed everything is just fine with the baby.

AFM- I did my blood pressure test at a CVS this weekend and it was high. 130 over 77. It has never been high, it is usually low-normal. I hope this was a one off and it isn’t accurate. My DH did his just before me and his was good. I have also had some headaches, so I hope this is nothing. It is too early for blood pressure issues in pregnancy, I am probably just stressed out. I have my high risk appointment this week so I am sure they will take my blood pressure.[/quote]

Its funny you ask that cause yesterday I took my first full poop in a week. Otherwise it was a little bit here and there. sorry if TMI. I called my clinic and she said as long as I’m not bleeding and it isnt a painful persistant pain she thinks it is normal. I asked about bleeding while on progesterone and she said she was going to veryify cause she thought a miscarriage would override the progesterone but wasnt 100% sure so she is going to ask the Fertility dr at the clinic as he is the one who has the most experience with progesterone.

I wouldnt worry too much about your blood pressure being high at CVS. I cant imagine those machines get calibrated very often.

Thank you Ladies. You both made me smile. :flower:

[QUOTE=eapatounas][B]
[B]Mami2b-[/B] January is not that far away which is good news. That is great the genetic testing came back good! Sounds like you have a very good chance of your embryos being normal. You will be pregnant before you know it:-)
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Marylander24]
[B]Mami2B[/B]- So sorry about only one making it. I am sure you have some good ones, probably all good ones, waiting for you. I think you have a good plan going forward. My BFP came from a hatching blast, it is so amazing you have two hatched and a hatching! Hopefully this last round will get you a few more. NH will get you that baby!
[/QUOTE]

Marylander - Hopefully the HBP was an error. KUP.

Stopping PIO

Those who were on PIO did you just stop taking it or did you gradually decrease the dose? My ob has never prescribed PIO before and NH didnt give much direction other than “stop when your ob says its ok”

And we’re back!

OMG… it’s SO bad! Where do they get off saying ‘back and better than ever’?

Thank God! Not loving this new look. It’s bland.

Finally! It still doesn’t seem all the kinks are worked out but I am glad to be able to keep in touch with you all again. I NEED UPDATES! How is everyone? Anything new. I am always thinking of you ladies and want to know that you are well.

AFM, I still have a hyper flippy floppy baby, and after the longest NT scan ever, things are still looking good. I have a plan with my MFM and stat bi-weeks ultrasounds to check my cervical length in just two weeks! I will go every two weeks up until 28 weeks (but I may go every week for weeks 20, 21, 22, and 23 for my own peace of mind). Not that I am looking forward to MORE trans-vaginal ultrasounds, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I actually feel like I am being well taken care of this time.

I hope everyone else is doing well!! Thinking of you all!

Thank God! Not loving this new look. It’s bland. Hurts my eyes! AF arrived today so I’m going in Monday for baseline to start the next round. Hope everyone is well.