NEW LAW in ARkansas

We need your help! IVF is in danger due to a recently passed Personhood Amendment (Senate Bill 417). The bill now goes to the House of Representatives for review, and if passed as written, families in Arkansas will no longer have the option of IVF. Please help us stop this from happening by contacting your Representative immediately and telling him or her not to vote for the amendment.

Please contact your arkansas representative before IVF is no longer an opition :grouphug:

I am not from Arkansas but from what ive read it doesn’t seem to me like it will affect IVF. It says in bill that not liable if embyro “dies” on its own. Good luck!!

Hi,
I lost a baby last year in June…it was not a miscarriage, I think the term neonatal death is more accurate, because the heart simply stopped beating. They found no chromosomal abnormalities with the baby, but did find the baby had been exposed to a virus. Ever since then, my subsequent attempts (2) at IVF have failed. I am doing IVF with donor egg. We just have 3 frozen embryos left at this point, and they are average quality (not good, just average according to the embryologist. So I am not getting my hopes up about this working. I would like to ask my church to pray for these embryos but all I am hearing from people so far is “why don’t you just adopt?” I am not seeing support right now and plan to attend a RESOLVE meeting. Has anyone else been able to find a support group somewhere? The internet is great but I need people I can talk to face to face, sometimes.

Atif

[GALLERY=media, 90]Infertility by admin posted Sep 12, 2014 at 1:35 PM[/GALLERY] What people are telling you reminded me of this picture. It’s a very personal decision and it’s super insensitive for people to throw that at you like you haven’t thought of that as an option. If it becomes something that you are interested in, let me know and I can help (I also work on adoption.com), but for now I will support you with your IVF! I will pray for you and your embies. Hopefully you find some local support too. Maybe your Dr. office knows of a support group.

I lost a baby last year in June…it was not a miscarriage, I think the term neonatal death is more accurate, because the heart simply stopped beating. They found no chromosomal abnormalities with the baby, but did find the baby had been exposed to a virus. Ever since then, my subsequent attempts (2) at IVF have failed. I am doing IVF with donor egg. We just have 3 frozen embryos left at this point, and they are average quality (not good, just average according to the embryologist. So I am not getting my hopes up about this working. I would like to ask my church to pray for these embryos but all I am hearing from people so far is “why don’t you just adopt?” I am not seeing support right now and plan to attend a RESOLVE meeting. Has anyone else been able to find a support group somewhere? The internet is great but I need people I can talk to face to face, sometimes.

Atif[/QUOTE]