New member looking for opinions on our Morula photos

Hey guys, my name is Tyson. My wife Tina and I have been TTC for 5 years. Excuse me for not knowing all the acronyms and terminology for a lot of this stuff (there sure is a lot). However, here is a quick run down.

Me: 30
Wife: 28
1 failed IUI

Saved our pennies for IVF thinking it would definitely work
since we were “so young” and our issues were unexplained. (She has a laproscopy to remove endometriosis, but that was 3+ years ago)

There initially was some concern during our ultrasounds about the amount of follicles that were the right size. We still manages to get 15 eggs, 13 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI.

Everything was good on Day 3, then on day 5 we went in for the transfer and we were left with only 2 morulas.

Initially, I thought our RE and the services provided to us were stellar, but after reading a bunch of stuff I am dissapointed with the amount of clarity that they give to their patients. They never told us the grades on anything, even the morula’s they put in.

We are waiting now for our blood test on Tuesday, but I was wondering if anybody could tell us what they see here, and what they may grade.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/tysonito/morula.jpg

I read your post and didn’t want to not respond. I honestly don’t know how to grade them, but I think they look like they were starting to compact, so that is good. You can always contact your coordinator and see if they can look up the info in your chart. Most of the time its recorded and you can get the information.

Also, I think you have an excellent chance of this working! Best of luck to you!

Have you asked them any questions? A lot of time if you don’t ask them the questions, they will not give you answers thinking you don’t want them. I see your in California, mind sharing what clinic you went to? I am in Sacramento area and absolutely love my clinic, but I have to ask the right questions to get the answers I want.

Thanks for the reply and the support!

We are going through Kaiser in Sacramento, at first I was very satisfied. The case manager was very helpful, the doc seemed nice. The only bad experience has been since ER and on, I had to call every single day to see how things were going. I never got the typical responses I was looking for and am used to reading about on these forums. The words “Grade” or “Quality” never came from the RN’s mouth. The embryologist made herself unavailable for phone or emails.They never expanded past the explanation of “Yep, you still have 11 of them!”, we go in on day 5 thinking we had 11 little rockstars and then we go over some stuff with the doc and he shows me the embryologist chart that shows cell division on at least half of the embryos stopped at day 3… ummm, so when I called Thursday and even Wednesday evening to see how they were doing and they said “Yep, still 11 of em’!”… ugh, frustrating!

Add to that, I called on day 6 to see if anything else had made it to blast, they told me they didn’t have the report in front of them and to “wait until I got the report mailed to me”… really?!

First off, sorry to hear that. I have met a couple ladies on here that got pregnant with them doing Ivf. I actually conceived my first there using clomid and iui. Our experience was good while we were there, but we never did Ivf there. We changed insurance and they were out of network and we ended up at CaIVF in Davis and absolutely love them. The senior embryologist gave us (actually all Ivf patients) her personal email for any questions we have. If this is not sucsessful, definitely change clinics. They do not have a top notch lab from my research and the way they have treated you is not at all acceptable for what your paying!!!

That being said, positive thinking and avoiding stress is critical for your wife right now, so I hope she is not stressing. Af this point nothing will change The outcome more tham that. The good thing is your age is great and you have a very good chance of it working and you ending up pregnant.

I will keep you and your wife in my prayers and pls feel free to private message me if you have any more questions about them or need any pointers for what your going through. Just support your wife and make sure she is as relaxed as possible. One thing to note about them they will not give you results until after your second blood test 2 days after first so she may want to POAS if she wants results before Thursday. Not sure gene her transfer was but she can prob get some results sooner than that. 5dp5dt is early but not unheard of but f they were morulas it may be a few more for a urine test.

Wow! I really should have started to read this forum a lot earlier! Just today I learned that Walter Reed had IVF for military families (I’m active duty). And now I learn that Davis has a fertility clinic, and a branch in Sacramento to boot! I thought that IVF clinics had to be listed with SART, so I was strictly checking their website. I can’t seem to find statistics with Davis Fertility, all I found was some from 2007.

[QUOTE=zebrastar]Wow! I really should have started to read this forum a lot earlier! Just today I learned that Walter Reed had IVF for military families (I’m active duty). And now I learn that Davis has a fertility clinic, and a branch in Sacramento to boot! I thought that IVF clinics had to be listed with SART, so I was strictly checking their website. I can’t seem to find statistics with Davis Fertility, all I found was some from 2007.[/QUOTE]

They don’t have to be on sart. Davis (where I go is not listed). There is a website by the CDC you can check too where Davis has their results.

Hi, I don’t have any kind of grade for your morulas, but wish you good luck!

I also went to Kaiser Sacramento. They don’t typically give all the information about the grading etc, unfortunately, though they probably would if you asked. I know they do some kind of grading because with my FET they said one of the blasts had been a 2AA at freezing time.

I’m sorry you had such a hard time with finding information about the embryos while you were waiting for transfer. I’m very suprised that they told you that all 11 still there when they were not.

Overall, I’ve had good experiences with them (I had Dr. Vu), but I do think they are very conservative in their approaches. And they definitely don’t give as much information about what is going on as it seems that other clinics must do.

I went through 3 fresh cycles and a frozen cycle with them and am now almost 21 weeks pregnant from the 3rd fresh cycle (at age 41).

What one of the previous posters said is true they wait until the 2nd beta before telling you the results. But one of the nurses told me this last time that if you called to request the results of the 1st beta, they will tell you. They seem to test the betas fairly early compared to some of the other sites I’ve seen. I didn’t request my results after the first beta, nor take a HPT because my 1st 2 IVFs were chemical pregancies and didn’t want to get my hopes up prematurely.

Anway, at your age your chance of success should be pretty high, and I hope one or both of those morullas is your future baby or babies.

[quote=Dragongirl]Hi, I don’t have any kind of grade for your morulas, but wish you good luck!

I also went to Kaiser Sacramento. They don’t typically give all the information about the grading etc, unfortunately, though they probably would if you asked. I know they do some kind of grading because with my FET they said one of the blasts had been a 2AA at freezing time.

I’m sorry you had such a hard time with finding information about the embryos while you were waiting for transfer. I’m very suprised that they told you that all 11 still there when they were not.

Overall, I’ve had good experiences with them (I had Dr. Vu), but I do think they are very conservative in their approaches. And they definitely don’t give as much information about what is going on as it seems that other clinics must do.

I went through 3 fresh cycles and a frozen cycle with them and am now almost 21 weeks pregnant from the 3rd fresh cycle (at age 41).

What one of the previous posters said is true they wait until the 2nd beta before telling you the results. But one of the nurses told me this last time that if you called to request the results of the 1st beta, they will tell you. They seem to test the betas fairly early compared to some of the other sites I’ve seen. I didn’t request my results after the first beta, nor take a HPT because my 1st 2 IVFs were chemical pregancies and didn’t want to get my hopes up prematurely.

Anway, at your age your chance of success should be pretty high, and I hope one or both of those morullas is your future baby or babies.[/quote]

Congrats dragongirl! Glad to hear your 21 weeks along with a healthy boy!

grades

Hi there. Most grading systems are for day 3 embryos or blastocysts and your morulas is just befoer the blast stage so I am not aware of any grading system for that stage, however you could always check out chicago’s website at www.advancedfertilty.ca and have a look at some graded embryos there.
Good luck,
Tortus

Seems like my wife is exactly in same boat as yours.
Our clinic did not grade our blasts either. Although they showed us pictures and told that they were of pretty good quality.

We are also waiting for our beta on 4/16/13.

I am freaking out. She is in bed mostly. Sick with those progesterone shots. All the best friend.

Thanks all for keeping the conversation going and for the information, this place has proven to be a great source of knowledge! Every step of the way we learn a little bit more about this complicated process.

Who knows where our IVF journey will end, but hopefully it ends in a freakin’ baby!

Congrats to dragongirl on your success, I’ve heard great things about Dr. Vu, we met him during the IVF orientation and he sure is a funny little guy! He actually helped me out a lot with getting an order for lab work submitted to the military base after a big long nightmare with them. We had Dr. Soehn, and were happy with him.

So, here’s a confusing scenario… My wife got a call today (day 9) from our case manager letting us know that two of our remaining embies made it blast… on DAY 7 and were available to freeze! :eek: I’m very excited about this because it gives me a little more confidence on the two morula’s we put in on day 5… but aren’t day 7 blast typically “not very good at all”?

[QUOTE=hemlata]Seems like my wife is exactly in same boat as yours.
Our clinic did not grade our blasts either. Although they showed us pictures and told that they were of pretty good quality.

We are also waiting for our beta on 4/16/13.

I am freaking out. She is in bed mostly. Sick with those progesterone shots. All the best friend.[/QUOTE]

Best of luck to you as well! My wife is doing much better now that she has returned to work, the first couple of days were really rough on us as we are the type of people that would rather keep our hopes low and be surprised than have high hopes and be disappointed. Our beta is also on 4/16! Keep me posted!

[quote=zebrastar]Thanks all for keeping the conversation going and for the information, this place has proven to be a great source of knowledge! Every step of the way we learn a little bit more about this complicated process.

Who knows where our IVF journey will end, but hopefully it ends in a freakin’ baby!

Congrats to dragongirl on your success, I’ve heard great things about Dr. Vu, we met him during the IVF orientation and he sure is a funny little guy! He actually helped me out a lot with getting an order for lab work submitted to the military base after a big long nightmare with them. We had Dr. Soehn, and were happy with him.

So, here’s a confusing scenario… My wife got a call today (day 9) from our case manager letting us know that two of our remaining embies made it blast… on DAY 7 and were available to freeze! :eek: I’m very excited about this because it gives me a little more confidence on the two morula’s we put in on day 5… but aren’t day 7 blast typically “not very good at all”?[/quote]

I wouldn’t worry about them being not very good - blasts are blasts - its typical for them to take 6 days to get some of them there…just having 4 total make it that far is a great thing! I would have been thrilled to ever get 4 to that stage…:woohoo: I say just relax and enjoy the ride! You guys will get there…

Blasts are Blasts!!!
some are a bit slower than others and morulas can turn into blasts the second someone looks away from the micoscope! So be very happy they got to that stage and didnt stop.:clap:
this site is an amazing wealth of info!!!

Holy crap, first POAS @ 12dpo :clap:

image.jpg Photo by tysonito | Photobucket

Awww this is so cute! Congratulations!!

Congrats Zebrastar!! :clap:

I got pregnant from an IVF at Walter Reed. My DH is active duty. There are 6 Military Training Facilities that do IVF’s at a reduced cost for military (assuming you didn’t know already as they are not all listed in the Tricare beneficiary book). Some have longer wait lists than others, but there is one there is Cali too. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that we are a MTF IVF success story and offer my knowledge in case you had any questions, but if appears you don’t need it. :cheer:

Hope you are your wife have a happy healthy nine months and lil one (err maybe even two). :flower:

[QUOTE=zebrastar]Holy crap, first POAS @ 12dpo :clap:

image.jpg Photo by tysonito | Photobucket[/QUOTE]

Yeah! So happy for both of you!! Congrats!

[quote=zebrastar]Hey guys, my name is Tyson. My wife Tina and I have been TTC for 5 years. Excuse me for not knowing all the acronyms and terminology for a lot of this stuff (there sure is a lot). However, here is a quick run down.

Me: 30
Wife: 28
1 failed IUI

Saved our pennies for IVF thinking it would definitely work
since we were “so young” and our issues were unexplained. (She has a laproscopy to remove endometriosis, but that was 3+ years ago)

There initially was some concern during our ultrasounds about the amount of follicles that were the right size. We still manages to get 15 eggs, 13 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI.

Everything was good on Day 3, then on day 5 we went in for the transfer and we were left with only 2 morulas.

Initially, I thought our RE and the services provided to us were stellar, but after reading a bunch of stuff I am dissapointed with the amount of clarity that they give to their patients. They never told us the grades on anything, even the morula’s they put in.

We are waiting now for our blood test on Tuesday, but I was wondering if anybody could tell us what they see here, and what they may grade.

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/tysonito/morula.jpg[/quote]

ok this is now our 6th IVF and i have looked at hundreds of morulas and blasts…i am no expert but, these look pretty **** good…they look like they have very little fragmentation and look like they are compacting…which is what they do right before they go to blasts…one second you look at them and they look like your photo…next min you look and they are blasts…

[quote=zebrastar]Holy crap, first POAS @ 12dpo :clap:

image.jpg Photo by tysonito | Photobucket[/quote]

yay!!! congrats!!!:cheer: