New member....quick question

So…it may be odd for a man to be on these types of sites but here I am. My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years now and we are just now trying IUI. My wife has Polycystic Ovarian Sydrome but is being treated properly for this problem. The doctors said her insulin levels have decreased and everything is looking good and a lot better now. She has to go back to the fertility doctor Monday for another ultrasound and they said we should be able to do the injection on Friday (crossing fingers). My question is…has anyone had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome…gotten it corrected…and been successful with IUI treatments? We are really hoping this works because honestly…it’s hard to stay positive and hopeful, especially when everyone around us are getting pregnant…even those who, let’s be honest, can’t support themselves, are hardly mature enough and shouldn’t be having children at this point in their lives. I know my wife and I would make excellent parents and would love our child to no end and would be able to provide an amazing life for a child. Keep praying for my wife and myself and if anyone has an answer to my question…please answer. Thanks for the help!

There are scads of people on these board with PCOS that have gone on to successful pregnancies!! There is actually a section just for that: http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/pcos/ as well as one devoted to IUIs: http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/intrauterine-insemination-iui/

:welcome: and best of luck to you!!

We are a success with with the exact same situation. I have PCOS and we finally did an IUI and bam first time we were pregnant (I was also on injections, clomid and trigger) I now have an adorable 2 year old. We went through 13 months of TTC first and we didn’t have a whole lot of $, so we agreed we would do IUI once and pray that it worked…pray answered. :pray: for you!

I have a friend who has PCOS and got pregnant on her first IUI. She ended up miscarrying, but on the 2nd IUI got pregnant with a healthy baby. They are now expecting baby #2, with babies being only 18 months apart, and the 2nd was a surprise and not due to fertility treatments. So, yes, it is possible. There are a lot of factors to consider, though, and everyone is different.

For me, the doctors think I have signs of atypical PCOS where I ovulate regularly, which is not a typical symptom. I am not officially diagnosed with it and, even if I was, I’m not sure that’s our only problem. We’ve done 5 IUIs, 1 fresh IVF, and 1 FET (frozen) and only ended up pregnant once, which ended in miscarriage.

There are many different stories of women with PCOS. Some get pregnant naturally, some get pregnant through IUI, and some have to move on to IVF. As the previous poster mentioned, there is a PCOS and an IUI forum on here, which you should check out. You can search the forums and have your questions answered.

Good luck to you and your wife! I hope the IUI does the trick.