New to IUI... and this site as well!

Hello!

I have been TTC for a couple of years now with no luck. My husband and I have no visible problems, other than our ages- I’m 37 and he is 39. I had an IUI a couple of weeks ago and was SO hopeful, but horrid AF arrived yesterday. I am going to begin a second round of Clomid + IUI this month… I am so very hopeful, but it seems like it never will happen. Do most people get pregnant with IUIs? Does it take a few times most often? :pray:

You need to do at least 3 to 4 rounds of IUI. Don’t do more than that. If not success, move quickly into IVF. Will save you money, time and energy in the long run.

Best of luck on your next one!!!
:bsv: :bsv: :bsv: :bsv:

[QUOTE=ILgirl]Hello!

I have been TTC for a couple of years now with no luck. My husband and I have no visible problems, other than our ages- I’m 37 and he is 39. I had an IUI a couple of weeks ago and was SO hopeful, but horrid AF arrived yesterday. I am going to begin a second round of Clomid + IUI this month… I am so very hopeful, but it seems like it never will happen. Do most people get pregnant with IUIs? Does it take a few times most often? :pray:[/QUOTE]

I must say I was 36when trying to conceive and my RE wanted to move directly to IVF due to my age! He wanted younger eggs and he knew that at 36 and no known fertility issues for me he could get me pregnant on the first round! Since my insurance covered the IUIs I wanted to try them first. Well, I did not have any luck! So I felt like I wasted eight months by not moving directly with IVF.

I did one round of IVF. I was so fortunate that the first one took and now I am preping for my FET in September at which we are implanting two blasts!

Also, remember that the clomid works for some people. Clomid can create issues with the uterine lining and the quality of eggs many not be so great. The quality of eggs from an injectible cycle are better and the meds do not effect the uterine lining as much. My RE would only do three rounds of clomid because of the potential effects that in may cause you medically down the road. Clomid also has side effects such as mood swings and bad hot flashes for me! It also was horrible during my third month when AF started. I had extreme stomach cramps like I never had before, heavy bleeding and terrible headaches. Not a good experience. But with the gonal-f I had no effects at all. The injection cycles were easier all around!

Welcome to our wonderful community which you will love! We are a great group of people which come from all fertility walks of life with great advice! Trust me in saying that you will always find someone that has gone thru a similar situation as you to get some good advice. Good luck to you and if you need anymore info feel free to private message me. Baby dust headed your way!:welcome:

[quote=ILgirl]Hello!

I have been TTC for a couple of years now with no luck. My husband and I have no visible problems, other than our ages- I’m 37 and he is 39. I had an IUI a couple of weeks ago and was SO hopeful, but horrid AF arrived yesterday. I am going to begin a second round of Clomid + IUI this month… I am so very hopeful, but it seems like it never will happen. Do most people get pregnant with IUIs? Does it take a few times most often? :pray:[/quote]
Hi,
I just turned 39 and my husband is 41. We have no known issues other than age. We TTC for a few years before trying IUI. The first cycle failed, but the second one succeeded. I was already scraping money together for IVF because I just [I]knew[/I] that IUI wasn’t going to work…especially not at age 39.

My doctor prescribed Menopur injections, Novarel to trigger and Endometrin inserts until pregnancy testing day. The first time around, he was conservative. I had two follicles and one insemination. The second time around, he gave me a higher dose of menopur and I produced six follicles. I also had insemination two days in a row instead of once.

The drugs I took were expensive, and combined with the office fees, my second IUI was about $4000. My insurance covered none of it, but I still felt it was worth a shot before gambling $20,000 on IVF. That can fail too…

Good luck to you! It can work, but I think it’s good to be realistically skeptical.