New to POF and really scared =(

Hi Everyone. I just received news from my ob/gyn yesterday that she is confident I have POF. I am going to see an RE on July 31. I am just devastated. My husband and I have only been trying for a few months, but something didn’t seem right. I haven’t had a period since I went off the pill in April. Yesterday, I received my numbers for my test results. FSH is 107 and Estradiol is 24. They tested me for all of the chromosomal problems that this can be caused by. On top of the numbers being what they are, I had a stress fracture recently, and my rheumatologist was worried it was caused by osteoporosis. I am 28 years old and have had rheumatoid arthritis for 9 years. And now I find this out. I am looking for anyone to give me information, advice, a kind word, anything from this forum. I feel so alone and so heartbroken right now.

Don’t give up to hrt just yet. Check on the board for colehay’s post and a link to her blog. It just might help you. GL

I’m so sorry to hear you’re going through this. Did you read the other threads in this forum about POF success stories? These are always helpful for days when you need a bit of extra hope.

I am 29 and diagnosed with DOR (diminished ovarian reserve), so a similar boat. My AMH is only 0.47, and according to my dr, normal is above 1.25. They are still giving fairly good odds for ivf, so I am waiting on AF to start BCPs for my ivf cycle

My fsh is 119 and estradiol 21, you are the person closed to my numbers that I have found on here. Any new news from the re?