New to site and need support...low AMH

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure if I am posting in the right place or how to navigate this site yet. I just joined today and I need support. When I was 25 I was focusing on my career and was not ready to have a baby but I wanted to do something will my eggs. Sounds crazy I know. Well I didn’t want my eggs to go to waste so I decided that I would become an egg donor and help make a women dreams come true. I was so excited to be able to help someone. I signed up late 2011 went through all the testing and everything was great. I was entered into that database. At the time my AMH was 1.9. … On 3/15/13 I was finally picked by someone after waiting a year and a half. I was brought in for bloodwork and put on the pill. A few days later I got a call from the IVF clinic stating that we can not move forward because my AMH is now only .8 The nurse said she was so sorry that I couldn’t move forward and that I should visit my OBGYN with the results. She said it’s not impossible for me to get pregnant… but in my gut I feel this is not good. To go from 1.9 to .8 in such a short period of time. I will see my OBGYN in a couple weeks but for now I am so worried. I’m 27 now and all I see is babies everywhere. My best friend gave birth today and my younger sister announced on Easter that she is pregnant. I have been doing my research and it doesn’t look good for me. I guess I just need to know what people think while I wait to hear what my OBGYN has to say. My loving man is very supportive and said for me not to worry and we will do whatever it takes but I cant help but worry. Im so upset and confused. I wanted to help someone get pregnant and now I may not be able to get pregnant myself.

I would pretty much skip the OB and go straight to an RE (reproductive endocrinologist). I doubt there are many OBs who could give you a reliable, detailed, personalized answer about AMH. OBs have some experience but REs are the experts, and they can really break down for you what your numbers mean. Depending on what you find out, you might want to go ahead and do an egg retrieval for freezing, or if you and your partner are committed and do want children together someday, you could freeze embryos instead. I don’t have experience with either of those things, so it’s just something you’d want to talk about as one of your options with your doctor.

:welcome:
I agree with the other poster. Going directly to an RE is a better option. RE is able to suggest what should be done right away and probably to find the reason why your AMH changes so much in such a short time. There is a separate thread devoted to ladies with low AMH in the forum. You are still very young and there are lots of successful stories of IVF with low AMH. Wish you best of luck!