New to the Forum

Hello everyone!
I just joined this forum and would like to say that after reading numerous posts everyone here is really welcoming and very helpful with information. I am 25 years old and have a 3 yr old daughter. I have been married for 7 years and my husband and I are now ttc again for baby number2. This is actually my first time on any forum, so if anyone could help me out and let me know what all the abbreviations mean. Also, we have been ttc for a year and half and no success. So my doctor today prescribed me Clomid. I am very nervous to start this and would just like to get some feedback from anyone who has used Clomid before. :slight_smile:

hi and welcome! :slight_smile: you should jump into the november clomid thread, where we track our cycles with one another. you will learn most of the abbreviations along the way, but some major ones you may see on the clomid thread include…

opk = ovulation predictor kit
ti = timed intercourse
fs = follie scan
iui = intra uterine insemination

hope that helps!

New, too

Hi, I am new to this forum as well! My husband and I have been TTC since March. I have 2 days left of my Provera before I begin a round of Clomid . I’m not sure what to expect…would love to hear about others’ experiences!

Thank you for the welcome chloesimone! And yes I will be joining the november thread soon! TorTor24 I would like to say :welcome:! I too am about to start Clomid, and I have to say I am both nervous/excited. I have read many things about Clomid but I have convinced myself to give it try. Wish you both lots of :babydust:.

hi ladies!! i am in my first cycle of clomid (took it days 5-9) – currently on day 17. everyone responds differently to it so it’s hard to say how you’ll react. i was nervous after reading so much about horrible side effects, but i didn’t have any on 100 mg. xo

Clomid Side Effects for me

Hi Ladies! :welcome: to the site!
I am in the middle of my second round of Clomid, and I thought I would let you know how the first went.
First I was on Provera, which was not nice to me. I was bloated like I could pop my tummy with a pin. Also was pretty moody. I had cramps also.
I thought it couldnt get worse, and then I started the Clomid. Super mood swings, crazy hot flashes, and really bad cramping were my side effects. I would say I had worse side effects then a lot of people who take it. It is different for everybody, but eventhough I had about every side effect, it was still bearable. So thats the good news. The emotional rollercoaster is the hardest part. After all the side effects, I didnt even ovulate. So they upped my dose for this month.

I have also heard about a lot of women (some in my family) who get pregnant on their first round of Clomid. I hope this for you!
Good Luck and :welcome: again! I hope you find as much love and support in the Clomid group that I have.

Sarah