New to this! First fresh IVF cycle didn't take...devestated :(

We have been trying for YEARS to get pregnant with no success and not sure why…We discovered in Dec 2011 I have stage 4 endometriosis (I had NO symptoms). We had surgery to remove some of it and tried IUI 3 times in early 2012 with no success. I am 37…I don’t know how many more years I can keep trying.

I took the rest of the year off tried naturally and worked on losing weight and gathering the funds for IVF, which my Dr suggested due to my situation.

We just finished our first fresh IVF cycle with a :bfn: …needless to say I am devastated. We did have 4 embryos that were frozen so we might try FET in May…Advice? Suggestions?!

The 2WW was the worst and the anticipation of the call from the nurse about killed me…I am not sure I can do this again! :grr:

We tried naturally for 2 years, with clomid for 2+ years, then discovered the endometriosis in late 2011. Did IUI 3 times in early 2012…then naturally again for the remainder of the year and now IVF in March 2013.

I will work on adding more info to my signature I am new to forums in general…I was so devasated yesterday I looked for a way to find people who could understand what I was going thriugh. None of my friends have fertility issues so I find it hard for them to relate to me…

[quote=ColeG]We have been trying for YEARS to get pregnant with no success and not sure why…We discovered in Dec 2011 I have stage 4 endometriosis (I had NO symptoms). We had surgery to remove some of it and tried IUI 3 times in early 2012 with no success. I am 37…I don’t know how many more years I can keep trying.

I took the rest of the year off tried naturally and worked on losing weight and gathering the funds for IVF, which my Dr suggested due to my situation.

We just finished our first fresh IVF cycle with a :bfn: …needless to say I am devastated. We did have 4 embryos that were frozen so we might try FET in May…Advice? Suggestions?!

The 2WW was the worst and the anticipation of the call from the nurse about killed me…I am not sure I can do this again! :grr:[/quote]

Unfortunately for many of us, it takes multiple trys to become pregnant with IVF/FET. I am currently 10w5d pregnant, but it took 2 failed fresh cycles, and 1 failed FET to get here. I feel fortunate to be pregnant after only 4 attempts. There are many women on this board that didn’t become pregnant until after 5 or 6 IVF/FET attempts. I know it’s difficult, but don’t give up! I tried accupuncture, eating pineapple core, and all the other things people suggest during one of my failed cycles. During this successful cycle I didn’t do anything except take my meds. So I truly believe it isn’t about anything you do or don’t do, it is about finding that right embryo that is meant to become a baby. Good luck!! :babydust: :babydust:

[LIST]
[]how old are you? 37
[
]how many eggs were retrieved vs how many fertilized? 15 and 14
[]were the embryos tested? not sure (guess I need to ask this in my IVf consult on 4/9)
[
]have you ever been pregnant? No
[]what was the quality of the embryo that was tranfered? B4 and B2 day 5 blasts
[
]does DH have any issues? No
[]what day was it transfered? 5
[
]why did they only remove some of the endo and not all? He got all that he could
[]did you ever have a saline sonogram? Yes, and it looked great (Feb 2012)
[
]what did the RE say about the BFN? RE?! (sorry learning the acronyms still) - I haven’t met with the Dr yet - I just found out about the BFN yesterday. I meet with him on 4/9.[/LIST]DH is SUPER supportive!! He has been great. That is what I am hoping for!!

CONGRATS BinIL!!! Very exciting!
I know it can take a while…Just was hoping it wouldn’t and unfortunately, we don’t have the funds to try more past the (probably 2) FET cycles :frowning:

I updated my signature…hopefully, It will help! :slight_smile:

Thank you!! I appreciate the prayers and support. :bsv:

Just noticed devastated is spelled wrong in my heading…LOL Oh well!

I hope one (or more) of those four frozen embryos will be your take home baby! :babydust: :babydust:

Thank you!! Me too :pray: & :cross:

:pray: for a healthy :preg: for you!! :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the support and encouragement…It is amazing how much it helps…esp from people going through the same thing!

ColeG,
I’m so sorry you didn’t get your BFP this month! It is so devastating when this happens (but unfortunately too common). When you go to your appointment with your RE, ask about the FET, will he/she recommend medications or natural? Good luck!!

[quote=Dianna]ColeG,
I’m so sorry you didn’t get your BFP this month! It is so devastating when this happens (but unfortunately too common). When you go to your appointment with your RE, ask about the FET, will he/she recommend medications or natural? Good luck!![/quote]

Thanks Dianna!! I believe based on a conversation we had when I met with my RE on IVF, I will be using meds. I meet with him in early April to discuss my previous IVF cycle and the next steps. I plan on asking him LOTS of questions! :wink: Does he think the endometriosis had anything to do with it?! Could it have anything to do with NK cells (which I jsut learned about on here TODAY)?! Or Maybe it just was not meant to be, which as disappointing as it is is ok too.

I know the success rate it not super high, but based on everything we were VERY hopefully and the RE was very encouraged as well…I reacted very well to the meds, had 15 eggs retrieved and 14 fertilized…4 were frozen and 2 were transferred, which were B4 and B2 on day 5.

I am calling the RE on Monday to get on the schedule for May FET. I am :pray: one of the 4 FE result in a :bfp: since we may not have the funds to do another fresh IVF cycle. :frowning:

Lots of :bsv: to you!!