New to this site

Hello All! i am 24 and my husband is 25 we have been trying to conceive for two years without any success :frowning: we do have a furry child! he is our 1 year old Labradoodle (Barkley) I was diagnosed with PCOS and my husband has a severely low sperm count. We had our first IUI two weeks ago and find out tomorrow if it worked:pray: Please keep your fingered crossed and I will do the same for you. I was wondering how you handle talking to your family and friends about infertility. I find it hard to explain… and often we feel alone? just wondering how other people handle this…

I never realized how many people are going through the same things we are. It makes things a lot easier when you have a lot of supporters! I wish everyone the best!!!

I am also new to this site. I am finding this site to be very helpful as many are going through the same emotional rollercoaster. My husband and I have been ttc for a little over two years and have unexplained infertility. I just had my 3rd failed IUI so we are back to the drawing board for IUI #4. :grr: I have several close friends and family who have been a really great support system and I choose to share a lot of details about our infertility with them. Others I share more general information with, so I think it is all in how comfortable you are with sharing. Good luck and :babydust: for your IUI.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] Hey Taramook, [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I have been married for 2 years now, and everybody’s asking when we will have a child.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I had a miscarriage last summer and that was devastating for me. I did not tell anyone beside my mom and my best friend. I could not talk about it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Since then, we have been trying to conceive. I have gone through all imaginable kind of tests to find out that I was okay. Then I begged my husband to get tested and we found out that he has low motility sperm.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Since infertility has been a dark cloud over our head. It is hard to talk about it. I just respond to people that we are a little bit challenged at the moment but we are working on it.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]That’s all I can say until people get the message not to ask again. With close family, it is different, especially my family-in-law, they constantly ask my husband whether I am pregnant or not. It is the most annoying thing ever! We did not tell anyone we were doing IVF and it is very hard to keep it a secret because it is a very emotional process.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I feel alone too most of the time because no one, unless they experience it too, can understand what we go through. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Good luck tomorrow![/SIZE][/FONT]

I’m also new to this site, I just signed up today actually! Good luck to you tomorrow! Just had my 2nd IUI on Friday~ keeping my fingers crossed:cross:

First of all, we don’t tell anyone but very close friends and my sister.

When people do ask, my husband tells them to stop being so nosey, tells them we’ll have a kid 9 mos after conception, and sometimes I just say “not yet” and walk away.

My mom and his mom specifically were being really annoying. We told them that we were having trouble and that we didn’t want any advice, any questions, etc. it’s off the table for conversation and we consider it private. We were pretty harsh and it worked- they are respecting our wishes (his mom needed some extra reminders- but that was it).

I do think it matters on your personality and what you are comfortable with. My husband is more harsh with standard people than I am about it- I just walk away.

Also, I think different areas of the country have different expectations about when you’ll have kids. We live in NJ and waiting till your mid-30s even if you’ve been married for a while is much more “accepted” then it is where my family is from in NC. In our families in NJ, being married before your mid 20s (and sometimes even before 30) is odd.

So I imagine if we were 40 and going through this, we might be bothered much more than we are now.

Best of luck!

First appointment is next week

Hi everyone, I am going in for tests next week, the wife and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years and were recommended to this guy in San Diego. Were in the LA area and I was hoping someone here might have some more recommendations or actually been to this doctor? Anyone heard of Jeff Rakoff MD from the San Diego Fertility Clinic?

Thanks in advance to anyone that responds!

new to this site

hello to all. I have been ttc for 3 years and had a miscarriage in jan10 at 5.5 weeks. Since then nothing. I have had all the blood work done and showing normal cycles. HSG all clear. Partner(38) has 10% morphology(borderline normal) but that was last years result, still waiting for him to go in for this years which is in december as he gave up smoking since. We are both on royal jelly and multivits and a healthy diet. I had my second appointment at the fertility clinic yesterday and was deeply disappointed that we are not entiltled to IVF as i am too young(27) They start offering one NHS cycle between the age of 30-35. Also the NHS here does not fund IUI yet.We have looked into going privately but its a massive £4000 to get started. I feel so lost and feel that we will never have a child. I joined this site because I have been suffering in slience and would like to find people who feel the same. All my freinds have children and I spend most my time alone. My partner says I have to just accept the way things are but I find that so difficult. Watching the whole world round me fall pregnant. Why not me?

I just signed up for this site as well, after we got the [B]BFN[/B] call after our 2nd IVF cycle. We told both our parents only, and I did tell my boss at work, after all the missed days, but I find that people just don’t understand (especially the disappointments). I do think its helpful to talk about the process and when things go wrong. hoping to get some support from sites like these!

I am also 24 years old and my husband just turned 30. We were the first ones to get married out of all our friends and we now have 2 friends that have babies. My one friend thinks that she knows what i’m going through based on her and her hubby ttc for 11 months. My hubby and i have been trying for over a year and were about to start clomid & ovadrel for our first IUI in the begining of Dec. Its hard b/c most of my friends are still partying and being carless and i feel like they just dont get it and when i do mention it they say “Oh it’ll be ok it will happen i think stress is a factor” so i decided that were gonna keep this IUI thing between close friends really my mom knows and thats it. its tough to not talk about it b/c you feel like your gonna explode if someone doesn’t listen. Thats also the main reason why i joined this forum. It helps relieve some things that are on my mind. I wish you the best of luck and stay positive :slight_smile: and vent on here its a bunch of ladies who know exactly what your going through :slight_smile: