New To This

Hello,
My name is Cristin… I was looking for some sort of support website for Invitro patients and I stumbled upon this. I have stage IV endo and PCOS along with a short cervix and scar tissue from multiple surgeries. I have one 2 year old son and I am trying for another. I have undergone 3 rounds of AUI and am currently doing invitro for the first time. I am having a lot of side effects from the meds/injections and just really would like to talk to some people who are going through this as well.

:welcome: I am also going through my first IVF cycle right now. My husband and I have unexplained infertility and have been trying for 2 years. I’ve done 5 IUIs prior to this with no luck. So we’re hopeful that IVF will be what works for us. Where are you at in your cycle? I am on my 3rd day of stims. I am also starting to feel some side effects of the meds, such as headaches, fatigue, and now very emotional. What types of symptoms are you noticing? You should also check out some of the other threads where others are cycling at the same time, such as any of the April threads or there’s a thread for first time IVFers (“1st time IVF, anyone else?”).

I also have a 2 yr old (daughter) and we are hoping for another. We just got a positive on our pg test from our last IVF cycle and are keeping our fingers crossed that we see a strong heartbeat in 2 weeks. Best wishes on your IVF cycle! Hope it works for you!

Cristin, good luck on your journey! There are plenty of threads you can follow and participate in of women in the same stage as you, you can even just lurk for a while.

Sending you :babydust:

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place for support. I am not cycling right now, but have been through 4 fresh cycles and 2 frozen. If you have any questions I would be glad to attempt to answer them. I also have an IVF success blog if you would like to check it out. (Link is in my signature) Good luck with your cycle!!!

[quote=Nurse4Baby]Hello,
My name is Cristin… I was looking for some sort of support website for Invitro patients and I stumbled upon this. I have stage IV endo and PCOS along with a short cervix and scar tissue from multiple surgeries. I have one 2 year old son and I am trying for another. I have undergone 3 rounds of AUI and am currently doing invitro for the first time. I am having a lot of side effects from the meds/injections and just really would like to talk to some people who are going through this as well.[/quote]

Hi Cristin! :welcome: I think you will find that this forum is a great source of support and I’m glad you found it. There are treads started for those who are specifically cycling in April and if you look down the list for one of those, you will find women at your same stage.

I don’t begin injections until Thursday, so I’m sorry I can’t be more of a help. But, I am very curious to know what I might be in for.

Best of luck to you!

[SIZE=2]Wow. Didn’t expect to get so many replies! Thank you everyone for the kind words! To those of you who are pregnant…you GIVE ME HOPE! :cheer: jp362, I am having lots of side effects unfortunately. I am currently on lupron 5 units a day and bravelle (4 vials a day). I am also taking Metformin for the PCOS. Side effects I have had so far are cramping, severe headaches, extremely exhausted and food tastes pretty horrible right now. I am hoping it will all be worth it in the end. IT IS SO VERY EXPENSIVE and I am worried that this will be a waste of money :frowning: I hate feeling so emotional but I am almost to the end of the Bravelle so I am hoping I will feel better soon. My belly looks like a dart board right now :grr:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]

[/SIZE]