New Year's Resolution

I decided after a year of weight gain from IUI and very light activity after fibroid removal that I would start the new year by treating myself better. To get my body more healthy and in better shape. So this is what I plan to do:

1. Cut out the majority of my caffeine intake (I’m basically there now having switched to decaf).
  2. Take my lunch to work more so I have better control over what I put in my mouth (less sodium, less fast food. more veggies).
  3. Manage my diet to have some slow weight loss. Don’t want to lose too much, too fast as I’ve heard it can impact fertility.
  4. Start exercising each day. Some days it might be walking, other days the elliptical. Again, will try to avoid overdoing it.

Anyone else using January to get into better shape?

I decided to start taking better care of myself as well. My goal isn’t to lose weight (though it would be good for me if I did), but to live a more healthy lifestyle.

I do drink coffee, but I don’t drink alot of soda’s. I seldom drink alcohol, maybe a glass of wine every couple of weeks. I eat fairly healthy (loads of veggies and lean meat), but need to up my activity. I have bad knees, so high impact is out. I have been making myself get up from my desk a couple of times a day to stand and stretch at my desk, or walk around the office a bit more.

Best wishes for a healthy 2012 for you!

Personally, I totally gave up on new year’s resolutions already as I think that they are in no way going to take effect on me. I feel that the problem is that I think too much about it that the moment some temptation comes, I have to give in. So I started with this idea of starting it just by the point I thought of it so that I do not build that dependence on it leading to the start of the new year.

For better health exercise is key to success. To keep your body healthy and fit take proper diet and do regular exercise. “Food rich in saturated fats may raise testosterone levels, which will stimulate the growth of the prostate”.

1. Cut out the majority of my caffeine intake (I’m basically there now having switched to decaf).
  2. Take my lunch to work more so I have better control over what I put in my mouth (less sodium, less fast food. more veggies).
  3. Manage my diet to have some slow weight loss. Don’t want to lose too much, too fast as I’ve heard it can impact fertility.
  4. Start exercising each day. Some days it might be walking, other days the elliptical. Again, will try to avoid overdoing it.

prince

I also decided the same thing…after 2 failed IVF, 3 failed IUI’s and 1 failed FET it was time to loose the weight from all of the hormones and focus a little more on my self. I have lost 26 pounds in 5 months and feeling good…although I have lost the weight…part of me feels like I still hang onto the hope that I will get pregnant after loosing the weight. ALthough that hope is small, it’s still there…

You all inspire me! Lets make this happen. I’m super pumped about 2015 :slight_smile: