Newbie here

So I am a newbie to forums and message boards, well at least posting. I have been struggling with infertility for about 2 years after spending many years on the pill. My DH and I have been together just over 14 years and married for 6 1/2.

My cycles have always been irregular except when I was on the pill which I went off of three years ago and didnt get my first AF till 5 months later. I had finally decided to go to an obgyn last july (always had my pc nurse practitioner do my paps) for a pap and see whats wrong with me. long story short he ended up sending me to a FS.

So now since I am starting clomid tomorrow and looking to do my first ever iui, i could use some support and advice from people who know what i am going through. my first question that i forgot to ask the nurse is, do i need to take the clomid at a certain time of day, and do i need to take it at the same time of day?

Well thanks everyone and i hope we all get our :bfp:'s soon!

[quote=LunnasMomma]So I am a newbie to forums and message boards, well at least posting. I have been struggling with infertility for about 2 years after spending many years on the pill. My DH and I have been together just over 14 years and married for 6 1/2.

My cycles have always been irregular except when I was on the pill which I went off of three years ago and didnt get my first AF till 5 months later. I had finally decided to go to an obgyn last july (always had my pc nurse practitioner do my paps) for a pap and see whats wrong with me. long story short he ended up sending me to a FS.

So now since I am starting clomid tomorrow and looking to do my first ever iui, i could use some support and advice from people who know what i am going through. my first question that i forgot to ask the nurse is, do i need to take the clomid at a certain time of day, and do i need to take it at the same time of day?

Well thanks everyone and i hope we all get our :bfp:'s soon![/quote]
You must take Clomid at the same time every day. Time of day is personal preference. Most ladies I think take it at night because then they sleep through most of the side effects. I take mine in the morning because when I took it at night I couldn’t sleep because of the side effects. Best of luck! :babydust::babydust:

:welcome:
[FONT=“Arial”][COLOR=“Blue”]
Clomid should be taken at the same time of day. I recommend nighttime, just so that you can sleep through part of the symptoms! :slight_smile: I didn’t have too many, a couple of mood swings and that was it. The IUI process itself is pretty simple, feels like a PAP smear for the most part.
Good luck to you!![/FONT]

:welcome:

I agree with the others to take it at the same time everyday and I recommend setting an alarm to remind you so you don’t forget.

I took mine at night, but my side effects were so bad that I had trouble sleeping so I tried taking it in the morning the next cycle, but that just made me hot and uncomfortable all day and then I still couldn’t sleep at night–lol–so I just took it at night. I find the side effects are the worst the last couple of pills and then a couple days past that.

I personally had terrible headaches. I found that they would come on mid day and continue to get worse as the evening went on so I started taking benedryl and tylenol with lunch and that would keep them from getting bad. I also got tense so it helped to rub icy hot into my neck.

Other side effects for me: weakness and fatigue (like I was sick) and hot flashes (mostly at night so I used a fan).

Many don’t have that bad of side effects though so :cross: you are one of those. :flower: