No embryos out of 10 made it to freeze

my wife and I are during the 2 week period, we had 2 grade 1 day 3 embryos transferred out of 12 embryos. The remaining 10 were left to reach blastocyst. Only 2 reached blastocyst which were grade 3 and they werent frozen as a result. I have lower morphology 15% normal, and everything else is fine. Wife just turned 35 but otherwise perfectly fine. Is this a bad sign?

I don’t know that it is a bad sign. We had no embryo’s make it to freeze either. I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with twins!

Hearing nothing made it to freeze is a hard thing, but keep thinking positive about what you transfered!

Sending positive thoughts your way!!!

Splitlivez - Id say stay hopeful & positive during your 2ww! Best wishes!

Cinderella - Do you mind sharing if you did a 3dt or 5dt?

We did a 5dt.

With my first IVF I wound up with only one blastocyst to transfer. We transferred it and now have our DS!

All it takes is one determined embie!

[QUOTE=splitlivez]my wife and I are during the 2 week period, we had 2 grade 1 day 3 embryos transferred out of 12 embryos. The remaining 10 were left to reach blastocyst. Only 2 reached blastocyst which were grade 3 and they werent frozen as a result. I have lower morphology 15% normal, and everything else is fine. Wife just turned 35 but otherwise perfectly fine. Is this a bad sign?[/QUOTE]

Hi splitlive don’t worry most do not make it to freeze because they have to be practically perfect. At my clinic 80% of embryos are not good enough to freeze. Abnormal sperm decreases the quality. But my DH has morphology 2% out of 11 mature eggs I had none to freeze I was
beyond devastated. We did a 3dt grade A- and B. And we are now 8 weeks pregnant. I wish I knew this info before IVf because I would not have been so hard on myself. From the research I have done it’s not a bad sign it is the usual. I think what helped me in 2ww was accupunture and I took off from work. She needs to take it easy. Best of luck

Agree with the others…between all of our cycles we have had more than 50 embryos but never had any left to freeze. We would always have 10 or more embryos on transfer day but they never made it to freeze. Our RE and embryologist always said it was due to the male factor.

Most people do not end up with anything to freeze. Especially if your clinic only freezes blasts. Some clinics will freeze anything, and thats not always the best, because blasts are more likely to survive the freeze, not earlier embryios.
Stay positive!

Wow, these posts are making me feel a lot better!

I felt like my clinic was kind of “finicky” with their freezing criteria, and I guess I’m not alone.

We had 10 eggs retrieved and all 10 fertilized. By day 5, one was a high quality blast and we had some early blasts, too, but we only wanted to transfer 1. They grew them out to day 6 and none met their standard, even though we had four that were blasts. It was hard to hear that all of those had to be tossed :frowning: I’m interested to read that male factor plays a role here, because my DH’s morph is “iffy” (most recently 10%). All 10 were growing fine at day 3 with 6 of them excellent, so it was a shock when NONE made it to freeze!!

Anyway, to the OP, it sounds like our numbers were similar, and we are 7 weeks along right now. I think a lot of the embies that don’t make it in a petrie dish do fine in a woman’s body. I have seen many, many women get pregnant from 3-day transfers just like yours and the rest of them don’t grow to freeze. I really believe some of those ones that don’t make it would’ve been fine in the body, but just can’t handle the stresses of the outside world.

Best wishes to you for a BFP soon!!

Thank you so much for you support, I still feel a little worried but your words have made all the difference

I was told that 14% and above is a good morphology. With lower morphology could be the case of failure but then God only knows. Last retrieval we had 20 eggs, 18 fertilized out of which 12 blastocysts, 9 day 5 and 3 day 6. However genetic testing revesled only 2 normal. So basically you never know whats cooking there.in any case, , don’t worry. You did your best. Just be there for your wife.

You have already had a lot of great responses, but I just wanted to remind you again that they transfer the best. So…just because the “left-overs” didn’t make the cut does not mean that the two you transferred wouldn’t. All it takes is one good one!!!

We also have male factor infertility and never had any to freeze either.

I had 10 embryos, 2 transferred, none good enough to freeze. I have a 2 year old son from that transfer who is absolutely perfect. Having none to freeze says nothing about the quality of the embies you transferred. All it says is that if this cycle doesn’t work you’ll have to do another fresh cycle rather than a frozen cycle. Chin up!