No heartbeat at the U/S

I have been posting in the infertility forums for a while, but was successful last cycle and got a positive preggo test. All of my bloodwork looked good at 4 weeks and 5 weeks. I went for my U/S at 7 weeks today, and the Nurse/Dr couldn’t find a heartbeat. The baby was only measuring 5 weeks and 6 days, and there was no HB. I am devastated. They said I need to come back in a week for another ultrasound to give me the definitive answer of a m/c. I couldn’t wait until after Thanksgiving so they are allowing me to come in on Wednesday to do another one, although she told me there wasn’t going to be any difference. I am praying for miracle. Anyone exerpience these same conditions?

[QUOTE=dedication]I have been posting in the infertility forums for a while, but was successful last cycle and got a positive preggo test. All of my bloodwork looked good at 4 weeks and 5 weeks. I went for my U/S at 7 weeks today, and the Nurse/Dr couldn’t find a heartbeat. The baby was only measuring 5 weeks and 6 days, and there was no HB. I am devastated. They said I need to come back in a week for another ultrasound to give me the definitive answer of a m/c. I couldn’t wait until after Thanksgiving so they are allowing me to come in on Wednesday to do another one, although she told me there wasn’t going to be any difference. I am praying for miracle. Anyone exerpience these same conditions?[/QUOTE]

I have heard some stories where he fetus might be a late planter so it seems under measured but in fact it is on the right course…

I hope that you get your miracle. Praying for you…

I will be praying for you.

Dedication,
I got very similar results today at my first u/s appointment. How did your second one go? What have you decided to do? I go back next week for my second, but they were very clear that there is no chance mine is viable. They want to monitor bloodwork & size to see how they decrease on their own. This sucks big time.

[quote=stayingpositivein09]Dedication,
I got very similar results today at my first u/s appointment. How did your second one go? What have you decided to do? I go back next week for my second, but they were very clear that there is no chance mine is viable. They want to monitor bloodwork & size to see how they decrease on their own. This sucks big time.[/quote]

I had two more ultrasounds the day after, and they concluded the same thing. I am devastated and in a bit of denial, but I know I have to accept this, move on, and try again. I am waiting a week from when I found out, which will be Monday, and then having the D/C scheduled for Tuesday. Part of me wants one more scan to be on the safe side, but I highly doubt my docs will let me do that. My doc said I have to wait a month before trying again, which kinda stinks. I am praying for you that you get different news!

Never lose hope. If your instincts telling you to have another scan then its your every right to do so.

I’m back from my holiday, and have decided to go see another Dr. and get another scan by this week. My last scan was on the 19th.

I just feel that the Dr. rushed me. She scanned me on the 19th, couldn’t see a fetus (although it was there last week), or hear a heartbeat. But she immediately looked at me, told me its a missed abortion and sent me home. She didn’t ask me to come again, or even bother to check my blood levels.

I really felt like I wasn’t given the proper check or consideration.

I’m always praying for all of you. Wish you all get good news. I’ll check what the other Dr. has to say.

The same thing happened to me. I was in total shock until I got home. I had my second u/s a few days later. The second time, they did a doppler blood flow check. It showed that in addition to no visible HB, there was no blood flow from the placenta to the the baby. It never hurts to check in everyway possible. The last thing you want is doubt. For me, I knew what the result at the second u/s was going to be, anyway. My OB said the baby measured correct for the day, so it could have happened 15 min or 2 hrs before my appt! That killed me and I wish he wouldn’t have said that. The next day, I felt different, and my boobs shrunk back down to their normal size. My symptoms seemed to vanish almost immediately.

Same thing happened to me. At 9 weeks 6 days the baby had no heart beat. I was 10 weeks to the day when I went in so it kills me knowing that the baby died on a certain day! Best of luck. Ask for another scan I did. Then just move forward the best you can. Talk to your DH and do something nice for the baby. We planted a tree. :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: your way.

My update: Last thurs was my last day of progesterone & estrace after the u/s showed empty sac on Friday. I started bleeding last night & definitely passed several large “clots” today. I don’t think I’ll need d&c. But will have next appt this Thursday.
Best wishes to all of you & hope for the next time.

That’s a great idea to plant a tree, I love it!

Stayingpositive- so sorry to hear this, but I am :pray: for good news on your next try which is hopefully soon.

I had my D/C today which was a lot less physically painful than I imagined. Emotionally, of course, it was awful. Doc said we could try again in 4-6 weeks, so I am planning on scheduling an appointment for the week after Christmas! I will have to go back on fertility meds, but I am hoping that I get a BFP quickly.

Prayers to all of our little :wings: .

Sorry for your Loss

The same thing happened to me. I went in November 14th at 10 weeks and there was no heart beat. They did a second ultrasound right after with better equipment and the same results. When they measured the baby, he/she stopped growing at 8 weeks. I had a D/C two days later. It has now been 2 weeks since my D/C and I’m still struggling with my body adapting to the changes. My boyfriend and I were devastated to lose our baby. He acts like he has moved on and isn’t very supportive but he represses his feelings and grieves in a different way. I don’t know if I will ever get over this, I will never forget my baby I just hope it gets easier in time.

I had my baby get tested and they said it would take 2 weeks for the results. I was hoping to find out Wednesday but with thanksgiving I think it was delayed. I still get to find out if my baby was a boy or girl with a chromosomal test. We plan to name our baby, and I have bought a few keepsakes to represent the baby. In June on the due date I plan to plant a tree and a memorial garden with forget-me-not flowers and a baby statue laying in angel wings.

Death of your child hurts at any age- 10 yrs old, 20, 40 and even early pregnancy. It is still your child even if others have a difficult time because they were unable to see or hold the baby.

I’m sorry for your loss and I wish you the best. I hope you can find peace and comfort. I know it helps talking to other women who have gone through the same experience. :wings: