No O with Femara, now trying Clomid

Hi all! I know most people try Clomid first and move on to Femara if they are resistant. Well, I tried Femara first and did not ovulate at any dose and am about to start my first round of Clomid.
Has anyone been resistant to Femara but had success ovulating on Clomid?

[QUOTE=FollicularFailure]Hi all! I know most people try Clomid first and move on to Femara if they are resistant. Well, I tried Femara first and did not ovulate at any dose and am about to start my first round of Clomid.
Has anyone been resistant to Femara but had success ovulating on Clomid?[/QUOTE]

I can’t speak for myself but I have seen women on here say one of the drugs worked while the other didn’t; whether it was femara working because clomid didn’t or visa-versa. Do you usually ovulate on your own?

Thanks for responding! Yes, I am hoping that failure to respond to one medication won’t mean failure to respond to the other as the mechanism of action is different. That’s great to hear that there is some anecdotal evidence to support this!!!
I have confirmed infrequent natural ovulation in the past with BBT charting but my luteal phases and cycle lengths vary wildly - I suspect that when I do O the egg is of poor quality.