No period for three years, anyone?

I was dx with PCOS when I was 18 (2000) and had periods every three to six months but I had a D&C in March of 2009 and after being on birth control for a year, stopped taking cause I couldn’t afford it, I haven’t had a period since. Almost three years! I’m wondering if anyone else has gone through this and has any natural helpers. I can’t afford to go to the Dr. so I don’t know what else to do.

I had this as well back in 2006. I was on the BCP for about 3 years when I got married and my periods stopped while I was taking it. I continued for another 6 months or so after a check up and being reassured that it was normal and my cycles would resume when I quit taking the pill. I finally got off because we were ready to try and have a baby and I was having other weird symptoms pop up mainly migraines. I went about another year or so without a period before seeking help. Mine didn’t return until a doctor brought them on and then we started using Clomid. I didn’t get pregnant right away but my periods did start to return but they were very irregular. I did eventually get pregnant with Clomid. After baby #1 was born my cycles returned after a year but were very irregular. Again, saught fertility treatments and was able to get pregnant with #2. My cycles returned about 8 months after giving birth. They were finally almost regular, 22-29 days long, but I still don’t ovulate on my own and am currently TTC #3. I have never had a doctor admit it, but I personally think that there is something fundamentally wrong with BCP and will never put another one in my mouth ever! If you think about it- they are hormones - no wonder women are crazy- most of us take artificial hormones every day! :slight_smile: I just thinking it is playing with fire. It doesn’t seem to effect some women, but BCP changed my life and not in a good way. I ended up with a prolactinoma diagnosis. I still believe that it was caused by BCP. Anyways, that’s my two cents about it all. Hope that helps!

Same with me. No periods at all! Been breatsfeeding or TTC so I use provera when I need h period.

It is very important to have a period and shed your lining for several reasons - one of which is pregnancy. Others are bone loss, and even scarier, cancer. I too went years sometimes without a period. Then my doctor really yelled at me and said that I was doing a lot of damage to my body -kinda like never brushing your teeth.

You should see if there are any free clinics in your area. They could give you something to kickstart your period. My best to you.

[QUOTE=Garkan;n2301252]It is very important to have a period and shed your lining for several reasons - one of which is pregnancy. Others are bone loss, and even scarier, cancer. I too went years sometimes without a period. Then my doctor really yelled at me and said that I was doing a lot of damage to my body -kinda like never brushing your teeth.

You should see if there are any free clinics in your area. They could give you something to kickstart your period. My best to you.[/QUOTE]

wow really? I remember reading people saying it was ok to have no period for years on birth control?