Nosebleeds?

Am I the only one who has problems with constant nosebleeds? I never even knew that this could go along with being pregnant. My MD said that they are actually common in pregnant women and to try and use a humidifier and saline spray. I do both but I still get the nosebleeds.

I also have headaches that I think may be somewhat related; it almost feels like a sinus issue. Unfortunately, the “OK” medication, Sudafed and Tylenol haven’t really helped.

Does any one have any advice on getting rid of this stuff? Unfortunately, the MD didn’t so I think I may just have to suffer! I guess it is kind of an oddball symptom :nerd:

I’ve only had one or two actual nosebleeds, but I have to blow my nose a lot and there always seems to be some blood in there. I’ve also heard that it is common.

[quote=jenna356]Am I the only one who has problems with constant nosebleeds? I never even knew that this could go along with being pregnant. My MD said that they are actually common in pregnant women and to try and use a humidifier and saline spray. I do both but I still get the nosebleeds.

I also have headaches that I think may be somewhat related; it almost feels like a sinus issue. Unfortunately, the “OK” medication, Sudafed and Tylenol haven’t really helped.

Does any one have any advice on getting rid of this stuff? Unfortunately, the MD didn’t so I think I may just have to suffer! I guess it is kind of an oddball symptom :nerd:[/quote]

I don’t think there is really much you can do for it. My husband gets nose bleeds all the time and he rubs some KY Jelly on the inside of his nose to keep it moist, which does help lessen the frequency that he gets them. I didn’t get nose bleeds, but my gums bled alot. i didn’t know about that pregnancy symptom either until it came up. Evidently though both are pretty common…

I have had them consistantly my entire pregnancy, along with a stuffy bloody nose…lovely…

Hey Jenna,
I don’t get nosebleeds but do find that my nose is REALLY dry… that is definitely one of the symptoms that some women have. I’ve been using a saline nasal spray. It’s just salt water and it seems to help keep everything from getting too dry. It may help you with the nosebleeds if they are caused because everything is dry.

I have HUGE sinus issues - I miss at least 2 days of work a month.

The best thing to help with dryness, which leads to nosebleeds, is Ayr gel. You can buy it at Walgreens. It is more effective than just the saline. I put it in my nose a few times each day and it really helps.