November 2015 IUI Cycle Buddies

I guess I’ll kick this thing off!

Yay! Gotta have better odds this month, right?

I hope so!

Hopefully this will be a great month for all of us. My iui will be the week after Thanksgiving which is December but I would like to be a part of the November cycle buddies as well. Would be fantastic if we all had BFPs for Christmas!!

Wow LookingGlass, I just saw your beta…that is fantastic!!! I wonder if you have more than one in there? Those are great numbers for 13 dpo.

I’m praying for a Thanksgiving BFP! My daughter’s birthday is on Thanksgiving this year. I hope we can give her news of a sibling for her birthday!

Thanks Jenn! Yeah, it’s a pretty solid first number. I thought my last set of betas started out nice and high but this kind of blows that out of the water.

Do you guys mind if I hang out here with you? There’s like no other activity anywhere on the board and I feel like I “know” y’all, having been at this now for a couple of months. I mean, now I have a vested interest in your successes! Holiday BPFs are the best ones!

It’s totally weird how every month I fantasize about how I will deliver the news, usually involving some kinda holiday. Christmas would be an awesome time!
My IUI this month will probably be right around the 15th assuming I don’t ovulate early again. According to my new statistics (favorable even if not really accurate) I should have almost a 50% chance this month. Whatever! If I have to lie to myself to get through this, I will! I like these odds better.
Good luck ladies!!'n

[QUOTE=“LookingGlass, post: 1791799, member: 67493”]Thanks Jenn! Yeah, it’s a pretty solid first number. I thought my last set of betas started out nice and high but this kind of blows that out of the water.

Do you guys mind if I hang out here with you? There’s like no other activity anywhere on the board and I feel like I “know” y’all, having been at this now for a couple of months. I mean, now I have a vested interest in your successes! Holiday BPFs are the best ones![/QUOTE]
I’d love to have you stick around. I think I’d feel the same too.

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1791800, member: 85016”]It’s totally weird how every month I fantasize about how I will deliver the news, usually involving some kinda holiday. Christmas would be an awesome time!
My IUI this month will probably be right around the 15th assuming I don’t ovulate early again. According to my new statistics (favorable even if not really accurate) I should have almost a 50% chance this month. Whatever! If I have to lie to myself to get through this, I will! I like these odds better.
Good luck ladies!!'n[/QUOTE]

Hopefully your RE is paying better attention to stuff now that they know this is a regular issue. I’d say your chances go WAY up if you don’t miss ovulation. You know, from zero to 50% or something. And hey, the 15th isn’t THAT far off. Besides, having Thanksgiving fall during your 2WW should provide a huge distraction, right?

Well, I work in retail, so that is an understatement! :wink:

LG, did you say when your second beta is yet? Huh? Huh? Did you? I’m dying to hear that second number!

So my beta was negative…message on my phone …I was so fired up I really pushed for a more aggressive treatment plan for next month so I should hear tomorrow… She mentioned monitoring with u/s and maybe up clomid to 150 mg and add additional med. Probably she thinks Ineed psych mess lol
LG any updates on next beta?
Christine9 Christmas would be a great time hopefully we all can ring in new year withBFPs
Shepea28 Thanks for getting this November forum going.

Sorry pink. I’m glad you will likely start meds next time to increase your odds! I started Clomid last night, so I’m back on the band waggon.
A coworker announced she was pregnant today. I was so excited for her, then I immediately thought to myself, “and I’m not.” (Sigh).

That part is so tough…but I bet next Month will be it!!

[QUOTE=“ShePea28, post: 1791812, member: 60790”]Sorry pink. I’m glad you will likely start meds next time to increase your odds! I started Clomid last night, so I’m back on the band waggon.
A coworker announced she was pregnant today. I was so excited for her, then I immediately thought to myself, “and I’m not.” (Sigh).[/QUOTE]
It’s ok to feel that way. This is the craziest thing to experience. If you can be happy for someone else, you’re doing great, even if it’s sad at the same time. We’ve got to recognize those things we are doing well because I think many of us tend to focus on our imperfections.

Oh yes, that would be so awesome!!! I’m praying for you and your Thanksgiving BFP.

Apinkham - negative messages on the phone are kind of the worst. D: Rough and impersonal. Upping the ante on your treatment might be the ticket though, or maybe switching from Clomid to Femara. I doubt your nurse meant psych meds though!

ShePea - I’m glad you’re ready to go again. I totally can’t remember: do you usually take Clomid or is this the next step in YOUR treatment? I’d think that after 2-3 negatives your RE would bump up the game for you, too. Rough luck about the coworker though. Announcements like that are pretty much a kick in the pants.

Jennbg - it’s totally fine that you’re probably technically having your IUI in December; hopefully some other people will trickle in to keep us all company before then, but if I can hang out here, so can you!

Christine - patience, grasshopper! My second beta is tomorrow, and I probably won’t hear back until close to 5 again. grumble I’d probably get my results faster if I drove to the RE’s office, but it’s an HOUR drive each way. Meh. So mostly we’re all stuck waiting!

LG, I guess protocols are different depending on your fertility issues… I’m on clomid and hcg only so they can control my cycles to maximize timing since we’re using donor sperm. Most OB-GYNs will let couples try clomid for 6 cycles if they are under 35 and have no obvious fertility issues, and that’s only AFTER they have tried to get pregnant without success over 12 months… My RE does 3-4 Clomid or Femara cycles in a row as long as your’re responding before moving up to injectibles. Because I’ve gotten pregnant in the past with clomid, my protocol hasn’t changed. November will be my 3rd try after the ectopic. I will probably do a 4th if this doesn’t work, since that’s what it took before. If I’m not successful then, I will take a break and maybe move on to injectibles.

Well! Lo many moons ago I saw a glorified OB-GYN who gave me Clomid for about 3 months. It didn’t work and when he started talking about needles I kind of freaked out and abandoned ship. When I started seeing my current RE, he gave me 1 cycle on Clomid, 1 cycle on Femara, and then went straight to a combination of Femara and injectibles. I was 33 the first go around.

So yeah, I guess it depends on your issues, and your doctor. Mine is probably just more aggressive, or maybe that is one of the differences between an OB-GYN and an RE? Who knows. But I guess Clomid has been proven to work for you, so hopefully it does again soon!