Nowhere to go for help!

My husband was told his fsh levels are more than 3 times their normal levels-very high! The doctor has left it at that and isn’t offering any further help, advice, etc. We have no idea what could cause this other than genetic factors that he doesn’t have. My hubby was a premi baby who has had to have a series of surgeries due to his development. Otherwise, he developed just fine and had none of the physical or mental impairments that they had expected. He was reading at age three, and started walking early as well. He’s otherwise physically fit-no bad habits, etc. We can’t find any information or help. Anyone know anything about this problem??? Everything I’ve read says it causes azoospermia and is irreversible :frowning:

Has he had a semen analysis?.
For most infertile men, the semen analysis is the only test which needs to be done - after all, the only job of a man is to provide sperm to fertilise the egg ! For men with a low sperm count, there is no need to do any other tests, since these do not provide any useful information. However, many doctors still do blood tests for measuring the levels of key reproductive hormones, such as prolactin, FSH, LH and testosterone.

A high FSH level is usually diagnostic of primary testicular failure, a condition in which the seminiferous tubules in the testes do not produce sperm normally, because they are damaged.
The other reason for a high FSH level in some men is the consumption of clomiphene (a medicine often prescribed for the empiric treatment of oligospermia). This is why the test should be done only when no medication is being taken. While a high FSH level is diagnostic of testicular failure, a normal FSH level provides no useful information. Thus, men with complete testicular failure may also have normal FSH levels.

While a high FSH level suggests primary testicular failure, it cannot differentiate between partial testicular failure and complete testicular failure. This means that even men with very high FSH levels can have occasional areas of sperm production in their testes, and these testicular sperm can be used for TESA-ICSI ( testicular sperm aspiration and intracytoplasmic sperm injection) treatment.