I really struggled with how many to put back. SART recommends only 1 blast in all cases for my age group, but our embryologist definitely said we should do two.
We’d had two day-5 blasts ready on on transfer day of “good” (but not “excellent”) quality, and didn’t yet know at that time if we would have any to put on ice. If we had an excellent, top quality day-5 blast, and had at least two blasts to freeze, I would have only transferred one.
But with “good” blasts, and no freezer-babes confirmed on transfer day, we rolled the dice and went with two.
I figure if we’re meant to have two babies, so be it. I have a friend who transferred two quality blasts and ended up with one baby, so I kept her in mind when we made our decision. We’ll find out on the 23rd at first u/s so my verdict is TBC…
Your situation will be a little different since you’ll know the quality of your embryos in advance. You’ve been through so much already, I guess you have to go with your gut. If you know this will be your last cycle, I’d be tempted to say go with two. Either way it’s a big and very personal decision!