October 2013 FET

I know it is extremely early to begin a forum for October FET’s but I am in dire need of support as I wait for my next transfer! I have gone through a lot of heartache and set-backs in the past year as I have tried to achieve the dream of motherhood.
My story: It has taken 10+ years to convince my DH to have a baby. He has been quite against having any children and went to extremes of ensuring he wouldn’t in his early 20’s. After many tearful conversations and much patience and convincing, he finally agreed to the process at the end of last year (2012). As for me, I was diagnosed with endometriosis in my early 20’s along with a small fibroid at the top of my uterus. I have always had excruciating pain associated with these conditions, even though I have very little growth compared to most.
We had our fresh cycle in January and got a devastating bfn. Our FET in April began with a strong bfp but ended as a chemical/miscarriage at about 5 1/2 weeks. I began having excruciating pain about a month after the loss which led to surgery to remove the supposed fibroid at the top of my uterus that had doubled in size in a couple months (probably due to hormone meds and short pregnancy). I had the surgery (abdominal myomectomy) on June 27, which led to the discovery of adenomyosis (a big growth of endo in the uterine lining) rather than a fibroid. I will now begin a 3-month cycle of depot-Lupron to shrink the remainder of the adeno growth that was impossible to remove during surgery to get my uterus in optimal shape for next FET of my last, low-quality blast. RE is estimating a transfer the middle to end of October. For now, I am 3 weeks into my recovery from surgery and can’t believe how long of a process a recovery from this type of surgery is! I just want to get on with getting pregnant already! :slight_smile:
I hope I didn’t create too much of a novel for my “introduction” but I know that I like to hear other’s stories to help in our supporting of one another.
Here’s to October being THE month for all of us!:babydust:

Praying for you

Hi Bean. I hope your recovery continues to go well and I hope time flies so that October can get here and you can get that pregnancy on the way! Best of luck to you.

[QUOTE=Chicago_Hopeful]Hi Bean. I hope your recovery continues to go well and I hope time flies so that October can get here and you can get that pregnancy on the way! Best of luck to you.[/QUOTE]

Good luck Bean!

Thanks for the good luck thoughts! I talked to the nurse at RE’s office yesterday and we are “officially” planning on a transfer the end of October. Time just doesn’t fly when you want it to! I am choosing to think that 3rd time is the charm–NOT 3 strikes and you’re out!
Chrissy–good luck with your Sept. IVF! I’ll be rooting for you!

[QUOTE=Bean4Teacher]Thanks for the good luck thoughts! I talked to the nurse at RE’s office yesterday and we are “officially” planning on a transfer the end of October. Time just doesn’t fly when you want it to! I am choosing to think that 3rd time is the charm–NOT 3 strikes and you’re out!
Chrissy–good luck with your Sept. IVF! I’ll be rooting for you![/QUOTE]

That’s great to hear!!! And yes, third times a charm is the right attitude to have. That’s what I myself am hoping for!! Keep us posted. Will be :pray: for you.

October FET

Hi Bean4Teacher! I think I’ll be doing an October FET with you! Just had a failed FET and have my WTF appt on 8/14. I’ll have to wait until :af: shows up again to start the lupron so I’m thinking the transfer will be October.

I did a fresh IVF in April of 2011 that resulted in my dd. We had 7 frozen embies. During this FET, the first two didn’t survive the thaw and we had to thaw 2 additional. Only one looked great and one was okay. Neither took. I now have only 3 left.

:cross: that this will be the ones for us!! Hope you are healing nicely!

:welcome: Knoy! I’m always sorry to see people that have been on other threads, but one day it will be our turn! I just wish October would hurry up & get here! :slight_smile:

Okay, so I have to rant for a minute…
I am currently about 6 1/2 weeks past my myomectomy surgery to remove my adenomyosis and had my follow-up on July 17. My RE said he wanted me to take the Lupron depot shots for 3 months before transferring again to make everything optimal in there. So his office ordered the shots for me and told me they would call me when they got them so I could go in and start the 3 months. Well, here I am on Aug. 12 and haven’t taken the first shot yet. I am becoming angry and frustrated! I don’t want to have to keep pushing everything back because of it! I have called them several times and have gotten the “it’s not here yet” response or no response at all because no one would call me back when I left a message. I finally talked to a nurse on Friday that said it was there and to make an appointment to come in for it. She called back 15 minutes later to “apologize” but the problem with the shot isn’t that they didn’t have it, but that my insurance wasn’t cooperating. :grr:
WHAT?! If they would have told me this 3 weeks ago, it could have been worked out by now! They were trying to send it through my medical insurance and not my prescription coverage (as I have them separate). UGH! Now they are telling me they will call me when things get figured out. Because of past experience, I asked them if they REALLY were going to call me and I don’t think they liked my sarcastic tone. Hello!! I pay you guys lots of money–DO YOUR JOB! :mad: I soooooo wish I could just talk to the actual doctor! Sometimes it would make it so much easier! I realize that it’s just a job to them, but this whole process is my ENTIRE life. I just want them to realize that and treat others in a more sympathetic way. It doesn’t hurt to try and work together for a common purpose and… communicate! It does wonders!
Okay…sorry. Rant is over.
All I can say now, is that I better still be able to transfer in October! I don’t want to have to wait any longer!! The wait is killing me!

[quote=Bean4Teacher]Okay, so I have to rant for a minute…
I am currently about 6 1/2 weeks past my myomectomy surgery to remove my adenomyosis and had my follow-up on July 17. My RE said he wanted me to take the Lupron depot shots for 3 months before transferring again to make everything optimal in there. So his office ordered the shots for me and told me they would call me when they got them so I could go in and start the 3 months. Well, here I am on Aug. 12 and haven’t taken the first shot yet. I am becoming angry and frustrated! I don’t want to have to keep pushing everything back because of it! I have called them several times and have gotten the “it’s not here yet” response or no response at all because no one would call me back when I left a message. I finally talked to a nurse on Friday that said it was there and to make an appointment to come in for it. She called back 15 minutes later to “apologize” but the problem with the shot isn’t that they didn’t have it, but that my insurance wasn’t cooperating. :grr:
WHAT?! If they would have told me this 3 weeks ago, it could have been worked out by now! They were trying to send it through my medical insurance and not my prescription coverage (as I have them separate). UGH! Now they are telling me they will call me when things get figured out. Because of past experience, I asked them if they REALLY were going to call me and I don’t think they liked my sarcastic tone. Hello!! I pay you guys lots of money–DO YOUR JOB! :mad: I soooooo wish I could just talk to the actual doctor! Sometimes it would make it so much easier! I realize that it’s just a job to them, but this whole process is my ENTIRE life. I just want them to realize that and treat others in a more sympathetic way. It doesn’t hurt to try and work together for a common purpose and… communicate! It does wonders!
Okay…sorry. Rant is over.
All I can say now, is that I better still be able to transfer in October! I don’t want to have to wait any longer!! The wait is killing me![/quote]

Oh No! How frustrating! I’m surprised that your RE office orders your meds for you. I have to find who the better price is since I pay OOP and have them fax the order. I split it up because I know some of the meds are covered by insurance and some aren’t. Can you not just show up at the office and help “solve” the issue while you’re there?

I hope they call you with answers soon and you’re still able to transfer!!!

I was actually a bit surprised that they ordered it for me, too. I have been on the Lupron depot before and had to go to the pharmacy for it. I don’t remember it being an issue before, but it was so long ago (and different insurance) that I could just not remember. I hope it gets resolved soon, but as of today, it still hasn’t been. Ugh!

Hei Bean and Knoy,

I might be joining you for October FET cycle. My first fresh cycle was cancelled after egg retrieval coz I hyperstimulated. So the RE thought its not safe to go ahead with ET. So they froze everything. Now am waiting for my BIG ovaries to return to normal. Hope everything goes fine and be ready for FET in Oct. Good luck ladies!!!

Hei Bean and Knoy,

I might be joining you for October FET cycle. My first fresh cycle was cancelled after egg retrieval coz I hyperstimulated. So the RE thought its not safe to go ahead with ET. So they froze everything. Now am waiting for my BIG ovaries to return to normal. Hope everything goes fine and be ready for FET in Oct. Good luck ladies!!!

Hey guys,

I am so glad I found you here…we are looking into an October FET…This forum brought me luck last year when I had my lil boy with the help of a beautiful donor at the age of 43. We had 7 snow babes and now we are ready for No.2…Currently in the process of weaning and hopefully ready for a FET in October…Baby dust to everyone here…and Good Luck!!:flower:

I’m also hoping for FET in either October or November. My RE mentioned that you have a better chance with FET because your ovaries have calmed down and the you can concentrate on your uterus. Thoughts? We are hoping to do egg retrieval next month and then FET October.

Hey ladies, I was hoping to join this group, I am also gearing up for an October FET. Little bit about the journey so far, I have an 11 year-old daughter and a 4 year-old son (who is biologically my nephew, a whole different story for another day). I did a fresh IVF back in January and we were overjoyed when it worked and even more so when we found out it was twins. I miscarried one twin around 8 weeks and though that was sad, I was still happy to be carrying one healthy baby. I spent the next 3 months blissfully pregnant but in mid-May my water broke one evening and after 2 weeks of bed rest I delivered my daughter too soon at 22 weeks. The last few months have been rough to say the least, but I’m feeling anxious to get back to trying again. We were so lucky to have 4 frosties from the fresh cycle. After a lot of talk, we made the decision to only transfer one embryo. Though my doctor is pretty sure what happened with my last pregnancy was a fluke, I don’t want to risk a pregnancy with multiples and an sFET will reduce that chance by a lot.

I wish all of you the best luck for October, this will be our month!

So sorry to hear about your losses. Going through all this is sooo hard! I hope everything works out for you with the next transfer!

I have also heard that FET’s are better. For me, I did not even implant with my fresh cycle and did become pregnant with my FET. Unfortunately, due to a growth in my uterine lining, I lost the pregnancy after 5 1/2 weeks. I have since had surgery to remove the growth and doing 3 months of Lupron Depot to reduce any growth remaining before doing my next transfer. It is horribly hard waiting so long! I hope everything goes well with your ER!!

Still so early, yet bad news for me. Because of a HUGE (in my eyes, anyway!) problem with the nurses at my RE’s office screwing up the order of my Lupron Depot, I have to push back my FET to at least November. I am already tired of all the waiting, but unfortunately don’t have much choice in the matter. I know it’s best to make sure my uterus is in optimal shape before another transfer and after surgery, but it still doesn’t make it any easier to have to continue to wait for this process! I hope everything goes well for everyone preparing for their upcoming transfers! I can’t wait to hear about all the BFP’s that come from this group!!
I’m hoping to finally start the first of my 3 month injections of the Lupron Depot shots on Wednesday (8/28). Keeping fingers crossed for mid-to-end of November transfer for me & for that one to be THE one!

So I just got my schedule today. Planning on egg retrieval the end of October and FET around Christmas!

I’m so sorry about the postponement. I hope it will be worth the wait and November is your month for a BFP!