October 2015 IUI Cycle Buddies

Hey, guess what, it’s October.

I called my patient coordinator this AM to see if I can not drive 2 hours for a negative beta on Monday. Then it’s back to the end of the line for me; I’m guessing my next IUI will be on the 21st, give or take.

Anybody else notice they feel pretty positive the first few days after IUI? The second weeks is a doozie! I’m trying to enjoy the positive mood hormones before they take a turn. That should be any day now. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re our last, best hope for a positive for September, Christine! Stay positive! ;p

I’m guessing IUI#2 will be around the 19th. I’m hoping that we time the 2nd ultrasound right because if I need a third before the procedure, I’m not sure how everything will work out budgetwise.

Christine, I’m thinking positive thoughts for you!!!

Thanks ladies! I had my first breakdown today. My poor hubby. I’m going to try my hardest to make it to next Sunday before testing. With my history, I won’t make it LOL.

AF this morning. I’m about to order some ICs for this go 'round.

What’s ICs?

Internet Cheapies; the good old Wondfo HPT. You can buy them on Amazon, something like $15 for 25 of them. They’re supposedly sensitive to 25 mIU/ml, on par with the much more expensive FRER and whatnot. Better on the pocket book for compulsive testers like me.

Duh! I should have known that. I just hid mine from myself to try to avoid testing too early. Ha! We’ll see how that goes.

Hiding doesn’t work for me because I know where I hid them. Heheheh.

Baseline ultrasound went well today. Lots of little follies! I’m working hard to be hopeful and faithful approaching this round. I know in my head that God’s timing is perfect, but my heart is a little broken. I guess that means I just have to work on that contrite spirit now. :slight_smile:

I know what you mean. We can line everything up just perfect physically, but at the end of the day it is God who creates life. I pray that it is God’s will that He gives us our heart’s desires to successfully carry life for the first time, or again…

My CD3 baseline ultrasound is tomorrow. Last 2 cycles I took Clomid 100mg and only produced 1 follie. I’m wondering if I should ask for an increased dose or think about switching to Femara. When I was trying for my first, I used to get 2-4 follies at a time. I know Clomid can cause thinning of the uterine lining. I don’t even know where I stand as far as lining, and if I can tolerate an increase of Clomid.

My baseline ultrasound is tomorrow, CD2. There’s some comfort in having people who are cycling in such a small window of time! Even if it is frustrating, and a stupendous exercise in patience building.

It’s hard to know what to do, ShePea; definitely talk to your RE about it. Femara would be the easiest thing to change up probably, and it does operate in a somewhat different manner, technically, than Clomid does. You might have better luck with it. (The next step after either is, of course, injectables, and that gets woah expensive fast.)

[QUOTE=“LookingGlass, post: 1791427, member: 67493”]My baseline ultrasound is tomorrow, CD2. There’s some comfort in having people who are cycling in such a small window of time! Even if it is frustrating, and a stupendous exercise in patience building.

It’s hard to know what to do, ShePea; definitely talk to your RE about it. Femara would be the easiest thing to change up probably, and it does operate in a somewhat different manner, technically, than Clomid does. You might have better luck with it. (The next step after either is, of course, injectables, and that gets woah expensive fast.)[/QUOTE]
How much is Femara typically?

I think my hubby should talk with your hubby so they don’t think they are alone!!! Lol :wink:

I have an idea! Let’s get the hubby’s to hide them :wink: lol!

I’m on Femara, and it was explained to me that it helps produce a few better quality follicles/eggs instead of Clomid’s ability to produce a greater quantity. Definitely discuss it, but like we all know it only takes one!

With my insurance, Femara was only $2.50. It’s usually prescribed as a breast cancer treatment or something?

In any case, it has been the ONLY thing that insurance covers.