Odds of more eggs

My very first ER we got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 made it.
We are going for a 2nd round of ER and wanted to know is it likely to get the same number of eggs or more possibly?
My first protocol was GonalF 300 & Menopur 75 for 16 days and added in Cetrotide the last 5 days.
This time around they didn’t give me Cetrotide but added in LEUPROLIDE (generic for Lupron??). Any ideas what the difference might be or what to expect

[quote=dreaNvegas]My very first ER we got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 made it.
We are going for a 2nd round of ER and wanted to know is it likely to get the same number of eggs or more possibly?
My first protocol was GonalF 300 & Menopur 75 for 16 days and added in Cetrotide the last 5 days.
This time around they didn’t give me Cetrotide but added in LEUPROLIDE (generic for Lupron??). Any ideas what the difference might be or what to expect[/quote]

Sounds like you have low AMH like myself. I got the same number both times. Did the ynot give you a count of what you had at your last U/S?

[QUOTE=dreaNvegas]My very first ER we got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 made it.
This time around they didn’t give me Cetrotide but added in LEUPROLIDE (generic for Lupron??). Any ideas what the difference might be or what to expect[/QUOTE]

Those two medications have the same purpose so I would expect similar results.

[QUOTE=dreaNvegas]My very first ER we got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 made it.
This time around they didn’t give me Cetrotide but added in LEUPROLIDE (generic for Lupron??). Any ideas what the difference might be or what to expect[/QUOTE]

I had so far 2 ivf cycles and both times the same protocol… so i started doubting my doc. However, this time I got higher number of eggs … will see how the embryos are going to keep up.
I think that response to meds depends a lot of ones current life and emotional circumstances … last time I had a huge stress at work (I even lost job and got it back in a same week!! A joyful life of a scientist living on soft money), at home my husband was going crazy from the ivf experience and even tried to come up with babies names as soon as I tested positive for pregnancy.
… this time around we are both more relaxed and honestly I don’t even dare to hope, but stimulation indeed had better outcome!

these are my 2cc I hope it works well for you too!

Jennjack11 - Yes my AMH was .81 I have been taking DHEA(sp?) since January so I hope that helps. Well my last u/s they only did because my estrogen was high. There is a filled in cyst so they have me taking Aygestin for 10 days then come back for b/w at that time I did have 5 antrals on both sides. I don’t think I will start meds until after April 17th when I go back for bloodwork.

mimiglam - wow that is alot of stress losing a job and getting it back in the same week!! Did you get more eggs on your 2nd time around or did you get more at the third one? I wasn’t sure when you said this time around.

I know higher doesn’t always mean better quantity but I would love for them to get more than 5. I have a hard time trusting my RE… I worry about getting caught up with so many other patients and slipping thru the cracks!

dreaNvegas

I got more eggs second time (you can see it in my signature) and you’re correct more eggs does not mean much if they are not of good quality… in the first cycle I had only 2 out of 11 that were worth transferring…

I ha also read that there were girls with few eggs after retrieval and their cycles ended in successful pregnancies… after all you only need one good!

[quote=dreaNvegas]Jennjack11 - Yes my AMH was .81 I have been taking DHEA(sp?) since January so I hope that helps. Well my last u/s they only did because my estrogen was high. There is a filled in cyst so they have me taking Aygestin for 10 days then come back for b/w at that time I did have 5 antrals on both sides. I don’t think I will start meds until after April 17th when I go back for bloodwork.

mimiglam - wow that is alot of stress losing a job and getting it back in the same week!! Did you get more eggs on your 2nd time around or did you get more at the third one? I wasn’t sure when you said this time around.

I know higher doesn’t always mean better quantity but I would love for them to get more than 5. I have a hard time trusting my RE… I worry about getting caught up with so many other patients and slipping thru the cracks![/quote]

Sounds like its possible if you have 5 on each side…typically there is a correlation between antricle follicles and the number they retrieve. Would be great if you get more this time…