Ok, am I the oldest person here? anyone in late 30's? or 40's?

I know I am really going against the odds trying IUI at my age, but is there anyone else in their late 30’s?? Looking around you all seem to be 20’s and early 30’s… I feel so old!!

[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]I believe there are a few women on the boards within your age range. Hopefully I can bump up the thread so they can read your question. Best wishes hope you get your BFP soon! [/SIZE][/FONT]

There are, Ive seen several post that were mid 40s and a few that were mid to late 30s so don’t worry you aren’t alone

You are so not old! I’m 42! xoxo

[QUOTE=bfu1873]I know I am really going against the odds trying IUI at my age, but is there anyone else in their late 30’s?? Looking around you all seem to be 20’s and early 30’s… I feel so old!![/QUOTE]

i’m 35, and if you go by the internet and every doctor on the planet…i’m already dried up! :slight_smile: Seriously, can’t they TRY to be more upbeat and optimistic? Good luck to you!!!

ha! Thanks for the replies! I feel like I am the equivalent of a 70 year old on here!

boiseidahogirl! Congrats! I see your signature. Very happy for you!

40 right here.

:grouphug:

I will be 39 next month. You are not alone!!

See, Sweetpea, I started trying at 33 and kept getting “you’re still young!” Now I’m 34 1/2… not that far from 35. Seems like it might not apply much longer!

I’m 39 and I finally feel like I am taking this baby home. 39 is totally doable. There is an over 40 board too. http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/40-trying-conceive/272778-just-joined-40-happy-have-found-you-1013.html

I’m 44. And while we’re not currently doing IUIs (we’re gearing up for our last shot at IVF), our initial plan was to do a year of IUIs and then call it quits. We did 2 and then realized that the cost ended up being nearly that of an IVF since the meds were so pricey, so we decided to throw all our ancient creaky eggs in the cart.

totontoTTC! wow that’s a lot of IUI’s! My DH and I are not sure we are “ok” with the IVF route, really struggling with it actually- so IUI may be our only hope. I heard after three failed IUI’s its time to move on- but you stuck with it and it worked! Can I ask how you were able to keep going? It gives me hope and strength to hear a story like yours.

If you look at my sig you will see that I never did 4 iui’s in a row without a BFP. I just figured it would work eventually. I also had an 18 week loss on try #4. (placenta issues) I would never recommend someone try 11 iui’s at almost 40 unless you were getting the unique results I was. For me I just felt like we were waiting for that magic combination. I was actually gearing up to do a full on IVF, the failed one I did was an iui turned into mini IVF after I made too many eggs. I thought I would do one more iui with just femara and boom, I have this little guy kicking my bladder right now.

It was NEVER easy but I just had to keep trying. It was the only way I could get past each BFN or loss. I became obsessed. :grr:

I am 42 and back on the IUI train! I feel old in the IUI section, too! :slight_smile:

TorontoTTC- Congrats!! :clap: Glad to see you’re finally getting your little one! I remember you from when I was having my first rounds of IUI’s a couple of years ago.

As you can see by my signature - IVF’s have been a fun (cough, cough ride). I’m actually very interested in the pros and cons with IUI/IVF regarding an unfortunate poor responder label. Anyone in a similar situation? I’m heading for my consult and part of me just wants to return to IUI (I didn’t do it because we had only 2 vials left of my donor sperm and was really, really hoping for a biological sibling for my son)…and now here I am. I’m 39 - feel so young :slight_smile:

I will soon be 39. There are many of us here on this forum. About IUI, I have never even tried, after almost a year of ttc, last year we went to our RE and he said that we should go immediately for IVF … mostly because of my age. So he explained that we can try all of the options available but I would lose time and possibly my numbers would not be as good if we would go for less successful approaches and wait a year of two.
Also I’ve done price calculations and IUI and IVF are not that much different, so we went for IVF. As we really don’t have much money we went for treatment with the best success statistics.

I wish you the best of luck and a lots of :babydust: :babydust:

Girl, please! You are NOT old!! :slight_smile: Just wanted to say hi and give you my two sents :wink: I was 36 when I concieved on my third IUI. A girlfriend of mine, who had her son at 45 on her FIFTH IUI!! She had two failed IVFs and decided she is going to do IUIs instead until she conceives. And she did. She had her son last June (2012) and wants to have one more child so she just started IUI cycle again this month. God willing, she will be 47 by the time she has her second one.

Big hug to you and tons of baby dust!!!

Old, but not done trying!

I’m 44 years young, DB is 46. I had my only child when I was 30. Literally, the only thing working against us is age. Literally…

Triggered tonight, IUI on Friday!! :clap:

Never too old to try, right? :cross:

Lisa

[quote=OlderMomNewTricks]I’m 44 years young, DB is 46. I had my only child when I was 30. Literally, the only thing working against us is age. Literally…

Triggered tonight, IUI on Friday!! :clap:

Never too old to try, right? :cross:

Lisa[/quote]

good luck, hope it works out :slight_smile:

I was 39 1/2 yrs old and with really low AMH when I conceived my son on our 2nd IUI. And yes, I felt kind of old on the IUI boards…;-). But hey, everyone is nice and supportive no matter what age they are!

Now I going for kid no. 2, but this time we are going straight to IVF since I will be 41 next month. Hope I still have a few good eggs left. :cross: