OMG, the anxiety, HELP! (Slowly rising HGC level, good or bad?)

Hello everyone,

I have posted in here previously about having a low positive on my first beta test (a 6.8), on the second draw the numbers (unexpecedly) went up to 20. My third draw was today and was 35. They were hoping for 40, which would indicate a positive progressing pregnancy. Now, I don’t know if the 35 is good enough, or is this just another letdown waiting to happen? (I have had 2 m/c already :wings: :wings:) I have another draw on Wednesday, but I don’t know if I can take this anxiety?! I started bleeding on the day of my first draw, thought it was my period, so expected a :bfn: . I bled for 2 days (never soaking through a pad), stopped for a day, and now I am bleeding again. Nothing heavy, I would say it’s a little heavier than spotting, but not a heavy flow. Another piece that just makes me super anxious and very skeptical aobut what to expect. And, then to top that off, my progesterone is low. I am on 2 units of crinone a day, and the level did increase from Saturday to today, but it’s still not up to where it should be (it measured at 5 today, 40 is good).

Does anyone have any positive stories, websites, anything that will help me stay positive and look on the bright side (at least I have a positive pregnancy!! :cross: )

That second one sounds great! I can understand why you’d be worried about the third one, but I think all you can really do is wait and see. Take care of yourself as much as you can. The next couple of weeks could be hard as you look at all your numbers, so I’d just try to get ready to deal with that and I hope that things keep looking up!

I’m so sorry you’re in limbo land. I hope your next beta shows the numbers have gotten with the game and are rising appropriately.

About your progesterone, although 5 is very low, because you’re doing crinone, your bloodwork doesn’t accurately reflect your levels.

[quote=essemkay]I’m so sorry you’re in limbo land. I hope your next beta shows the numbers have gotten with the game and are rising appropriately.

About your progesterone, although 5 is very low, because you’re doing crinone, your bloodwork doesn’t accurately reflect your levels.[/quote]

I didn’t know that about the progesterone? So, it is possible that my progesterone levels are actually a bit higher? That is really encouraging to hear!
Thank you:cross: :pray:

I am sorry you are in limbo hell.

It is as Essemkay stated. The crinone inserts do not make it into our blood stream so therefore the progesterone would be lower.

Also, a progesterone over 15 is considered good.

How many days are you past transfer or your IUI?

/hugs

rach

[quote=Cah_21]I didn’t know that about the progesterone? So, it is possible that my progesterone levels are actually a bit higher? That is really encouraging to hear!
Thank you:cross: :pray:[/quote]Absolutely! It’s not only possible, it’s absolutely the case.

Also, although the crinone can build up and get gross, let it. As long as it’s in there, you continue to absorb progesterone from it. My progesterone was low with my daughter and my RE forbade me from “gently sweeping it out” as I had seen suggested to get every possible benefit from it that I could (I was in a study, so they couldn’t up my dosage or add any additional forms like PIO or prometrium).

Best wishes!!

Thank you again for the encouraging news about the progesterone! It helps so much! I also did not know I shouldn’t be ‘sweeping it out’. It mostly come out on its own whin I go to the bathroom (i’m sorry if this is TMI), but I will be sure to only get what comes out naturally!
racheldenise- Today is 18 days after the IUI. I had the IUI on March 29.

Another ‘conern’ I have is that my breasts are not sore at all? In the last 2 preganicies (that ended in m/c :frowning: ) my breasts were very tender. This time, I don’t feel anything? I have told myself after each m/c that the real one will be toatally different. That I won’t have the symptoms I had w/ the m/c’s, and that is what I am hoping is the case this time!

Thank you all for the encouraging words, it means a great deal to me!!:cross: :pray:

[quote=Cah_21]Thank you again for the encouraging news about the progesterone! It helps so much! I also did not know I shouldn’t be ‘sweeping it out’. It mostly come out on its own whin I go to the bathroom (i’m sorry if this is TMI), but I will be sure to only get what comes out naturally!
racheldenise- Today is 18 days after the IUI. I had the IUI on March 29.

Another ‘conern’ I have is that my breasts are not sore at all? In the last 2 preganicies (that ended in m/c :frowning: ) my breasts were very tender. This time, I don’t feel anything? I have told myself after each m/c that the real one will be toatally different. That I won’t have the symptoms I had w/ the m/c’s, and that is what I am hoping is the case this time!

Thank you all for the encouraging words, it means a great deal to me!!:cross: :pray:[/quote]

How are you doing today?

Breast tenderness is usually from the progesterone. If it’s low your boobs might not be as tender.

When is your next beta. Hang in there- beta is still rising.

Rach