On to Gonal - any advice?

Hi everyone - we are moving on to injectibles this cycle. Not sure what to expect. Can anyone give me a little insight?

Happy Thanksgiving!

They are NOT a big deal. The pens are really cool little devices and the nurses and on line videos make it easy. The only side effect I might have had is headaches, but that also could be anything. Basically, you are giving yourself the exact same hormone that your body produces to stimulate ovulation: very simple and direct.

Thanks for the response - I figured it was pretty easy. Hey - how did you lose 135 lbs??? Good for you!!!

Thanks! Really strict calorie counting (weighing almost everything I eat, recording EVERY bite), lower carb but not no carb, high fiber, high protein, lots of exercise, and eating as much as I could while losing weight. But everyone really has to find their own way: it took lots of experimenting.

Mere,

Make sure to take the injections out about fifteen minutes prior to when you are going to do the injection. This lets it get up to room temperature. If you inject it cold, it will hurt/burn, and you may or may not shout expletives…

Otherwise, I’m sure it’s not much different from Clomid in terms of side effects (I haven’t been on Clomid but people’s complaints sound similar to mine…)

Good luck! They really aren’t so bad.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mere, I got my :bfp: on my first round with gonal-f, good luck to you!!! The injections weren’t bad at all. The pen is a little confusing the first time you use it, but after that is a piece of cake. I had zero side effects with this med. :cross: for you!!!

I have used Gonal-F with Clomid this month and have had very mild side effects. Other then the hotflashes from Clomid and headaches I had nothing. Best of luck to you!!

Shmead, how long did it take you to loose 135 pounds?

[quote=MereBear]Hi everyone - we are moving on to injectibles this cycle. Not sure what to expect. Can anyone give me a little insight?

Happy Thanksgiving![/quote]

I didnt have any problems what so ever. x

[quote=ssnikitas]
Shmead, how long did it take you to loose 135 pounds?[/quote]

Fourteen months, but I was really, really consistent. My plan wasn’t super strict, but I never went off it.

Gonal F is great! I got my BFP on my first injectible cycle with Gonal F. And to boot, when my RE was doing one of my US’s he commented ‘you can’t believe how many people get pregnant on their first round of injectibles’. So there must be something to it!

Anyway, I had no side effects. You don’t get the nasty hot flashes or mood swings like you do with Clomid. My RE was quick to give my husband that good news when we switched from Clomid to injectibles. Good luck to you! Sending lots of good thoughts and :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: your way!

Thanks ladies!

I was relieved when the RE said the side effects were not as bad as Clomid - ugh - Clomid had the best of me!!!

I start tomorrow - kinda excited!!!