Only one ovary responding!?!

Today I had my bw & u/s for DAY 9 of stims. On my right ovary they counted 6 follicles that were above 10mm (ranging from 10-14mm) and 1 that was 16mm and 15 others that were too small to measure

on my Left ovary they only had 1 follicle that measured 10mm and 12 smaller ones that weren’t measurable yet

Is this normal to only have 1 ovary respond to stims??? I’ve never had this happen, nor have I ever stimmed this long…they are thinking maybe Thursday or Friday for my trigger…

I just don’t understand why I only have 6 measurable follicles and only 1 in my left ovary…can you advise??

Do you think this cycle could be canceled because of this poor response or a unsuccessful pregnancy???

Also my E2 levels were:

Baseline: 23
Day 3 of stims: 28
Day 5 of stims: 74
Day 7 of stims: 204

My lining as of today is 10b

anyone have this happen!?!??!

I know some RE’s believe you should alternate sides each night when you do your injections. Do you alternate? I’m not sure if it actually makes a difference. What have your e2 levels been like in your other cycles? I thought 10-12 days was the average length of stimming.

[QUOTE=jennem85]Today I had my bw & u/s for DAY 9 of stims. On my right ovary they counted 6 follicles that were above 10mm (ranging from 10-14mm) and 1 that was 16mm and 15 others that were too small to measure

on my Left ovary they only had 1 follicle that measured 10mm and 12 smaller ones that weren’t measurable yet

Is this normal to only have 1 ovary respond to stims??? I’ve never had this happen, nor have I ever stimmed this long…they are thinking maybe Thursday or Friday for my trigger…

I just don’t understand why I only have 6 measurable follicles and only 1 in my left ovary…can you advise??

Do you think this cycle could be canceled because of this poor response or a unsuccessful pregnancy???

Also my E2 levels were:

Baseline: 23
Day 3 of stims: 28
Day 5 of stims: 74
Day 7 of stims: 204

My lining as of today is 10b

anyone have this happen!?!??![/QUOTE]

I would say your left ovary could still possibly have a major growth spurt and a couple could catch up.

When I was doing IUIs and was on just Lepori(Menopur) for some reason one month my ovaries just did NOT want to cooperate. It was like my body wanted a break.

Taking a break seemed to let my body reset and then things went better next time. That’s when we accidentally overstimmed and switched to IVF.

Either way…it’s great that you have 6, maybe 7, total follies! It shows your body is responding and, really, what matters is quality over quantity!

By the time came for transfer with my overstim cycle I only had one teeny little blast left and it worked!

GL! I’ll keep my :cross: for your follies to grow!!

I wouldn’t worry. I had the same thing happen this cycle and I’m on my way to ER now. I have 10 on my left and 2 maybe 3 on my right. Dr didn’t seem the least but worries about it. I normally have less eggs like 3/4 on each side so I will take any extra I can get!

Oh thank you so much!! and good luck on your ER!! I pray you get your :bfp: soon!!!

I am just amazed after 4 IVF treatements this is the only one that is totally different with how my body is reacting, I normally have left over meds and a lot of eggs…and this cycle, I am having to order MORE meds and not having the greatest results of follicles! ugh…

anyway…good luck dear!!

[QUOTE=Jennjack11]I wouldn’t worry. I had the same thing happen this cycle and I’m on my way to ER now. I have 10 on my left and 2 maybe 3 on my right. Dr didn’t seem the least but worries about it. I normally have less eggs like 3/4 on each side so I will take any extra I can get![/QUOTE]