ORM issues or questions

Thought I would start an ORM thread since I know there are a few of us out there. It would be nice to discuss any specific ORM issues or questions we all may have, plus anything else relating to this IF journey. It is also nice to have some local support.

I see Dr. Hesla and just had my ER last Thurs. If all goes well my ET will be Tuesday. I only had 2 mature eggs and they both fertilized with ICSI. Now I’m just in the middle of the dreaded 5 day wait to see how my embryos grow.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Adding myself! I’ve seen Dr.Hesla as well for all my IUIs and my last IVF which was a IUI cycle that overstimmed and then we converted it to a IVF cycle that was successful and resulted in DS.

I’m back with Dr.Hesla again and planning a June '13 IVF this time!

Very excited and can’t wait to get going!

I LOVE ORM and couldn’t recommend them enough! :flower:

I just wanted to say that I went to Dr. Hesla at ORM as well. We did IUI and just had our 2nd baby in October. I just wanted to say hi and good luck to everyone!!

I just added myself to this thread…
I’m with Dr. Hesla as well… We just had our ET yesterday… so now lots of waiting!!
Thanks for starting this up, its nice to be able to talk about ORM specifics and what not.

PDXgirl- thinking of you today with your ET… sending:bsv: :bsv: to you guys!!
Enjoy that valium!

[quote=wannabehopeful]I just added myself to this thread…
I’m with Dr. Hesla as well… We just had our ET yesterday… so now lots of waiting!!
Thanks for starting this up, its nice to be able to talk about ORM specifics and what not.

PDXgirl- thinking of you today with your ET… sending:bsv: :bsv: to you guys!!
Enjoy that valium![/quote]

Everything went well today. They transferred one pre blast. So I’m really hoping this little one sticks. Wish it was a full blast but the embryologist said she’s seen plenty of women get pregnant with pre blasts so I’m going to stay positive. Now we go back to waiting again! At least it’s only 9 days and not a true 2ww!

[QUOTE=PDXgirl]Everything went well today. They transferred one pre blast. So I’m really hoping this little one sticks. Wish it was a full blast but the embryologist said she’s seen plenty of women get pregnant with pre blasts so I’m going to stay positive. Now we go back to waiting again! At least it’s only 9 days and not a true 2ww![/QUOTE]

Glad it went well and smoothly…
I know Dr. Hesla and the embryologist said that just because it’s a little behind does not mean it wont implant and grow…the change so fast- our second one change from the time they called in the morning til our tranfer… so you never know!
Now all we can do is wait :slight_smile:
:babydust:

[quote=wannabehopeful]Glad it went well and smoothly…
I know Dr. Hesla and the embryologist said that just because it’s a little behind does not mean it wont implant and grow…the change so fast- our second one change from the time they called in the morning til our tranfer… so you never know!
Now all we can do is wait :slight_smile:
:babydust:[/quote]

Thanks! I’ve been googling like crazy success stories from pre blast transfers! It’s only 10:30am and I’m already sick of this bed rest.

Are you going to have your surro POAS? I didn’t think I would, but my DH really wants to know earlier than 9 days. Plus I would get the news while he’s at work and sending a text that we are or are not pregnant isn’t exactly what I want! We’ll probably start to test out the trigger I guess and then go from there. I’ve just never, ever, seen two lines so it’s hard to believe it could actually happen.

:babydust: :bsv:

[QUOTE=PDXgirl]Everything went well today. They transferred one pre blast. So I’m really hoping this little one sticks. Wish it was a full blast but the embryologist said she’s seen plenty of women get pregnant with pre blasts so I’m going to stay positive. Now we go back to waiting again! At least it’s only 9 days and not a true 2ww![/QUOTE]

That’s awesome! Stick baby stick! :bsv: :bsv: :bsv:

Hi girls,

Happy to see an ORM thread! I see Dr. Bankowski and am in my first IVF cycle right now. Today is day 6 of stims and I’m up at 2am unable to sleep because I’m so worried. He seemed disappointed in my response on day 4, and said we may need to discuss cancelling depending on the response today. Details for me are in my siggie. Please keep your fingers crossed for me today!

PDXgirl and wannabehopeful, how are you holding up? I haven’t ever gotten to the 2ww with IVF (praying I will soon!) but I can’t imagine how hard that is!

Congratulations Alisonbaby!

:babydust::bsv::cheer::babydust:
Ali

[quote=hopefulfamilytoo]Hi girls,

Happy to see an ORM thread! I see Dr. Bankowski and am in my first IVF cycle right now. Today is day 6 of stims and I’m up at 2am unable to sleep because I’m so worried. He seemed disappointed in my response on day 4, and said we may need to discuss cancelling depending on the response today. Details for me are in my siggie. Please keep your fingers crossed for me today!

PDXgirl and wannabehopeful, how are you holding up? I haven’t ever gotten to the 2ww with IVF (praying I will soon!) but I can’t imagine how hard that is!

Congratulations Alisonbaby!

:babydust::bsv::cheer::babydust:
Ali[/quote]

Ali, I have been in the exact same situation as you, really both times we’ve tried IVF. In Jan. I really only had 2 larger follicles on the antagonist protocol and they had me cancel the cycle and we converted to IUI. They told me some months are better than others and that maybe another time I’d get more follicles. Plus maybe a different protocol would work out better. Well fast forward to my April IVF and we were in the exact same situation on day 4 and 6 of stims. Really only 2 larger ones and several round 4-5mm. Since it looked like 2 is all I’ll ever really make we (my DH and I) decided to keep going and finish out the cycle. ORM recommended cancelling again. But at least Dr. Hesla did let us move forward. His big thing was if my E2 is at least increasing I could move forward. He did warn us we may not make it to ET. But we kept going, they increased my follistim to the max dose as well on day 4, and things started to look better around day 8. It looked like a few more follicles started to catch up. I didn’t end up triggering until day 12 of stims which I think is pretty late for most ladies. Even then my 3 largest were 20, 19, and 18. Some ladies just take a little longer. With that said they were only able to get 3 eggs at ER. They said the others were empty follicles. Of the 3 only 2 were mature. I was doubtful they would make it to day 5 but by a miracle we had one make it to transfer. I’m just praying that’s our little miracle bean and it decides to stick!

DOR is such a hard thing to deal with, with IVF since it’s a numbers game and we’ll never have good numbers. It’s a hard call, since this is your first IVF it may be worth cancelling this cycle and seeing if another cycle works out better. In my case it didn’t numbers wise, but you might be different.

Keep me posted and I’ll be :pray: for you today that there’s been growth in your follicles.

Hey ladies,
I loved ORM, talk about a well-oiled machine! I had to drive 2 hours to get to my appts, but I was usually able to schedule appts at 7am and always out of there so fast, I usually made it back to work by 9:15 without anyone noticing. I saw Dr. Barbieri and got pregnant on my first cycle. See my signature…Dr. Matteri did my ER and Bankowski performed by transfer (it was on a sunday). All of the doctors and staff were so nice and supportive.

For those of you in the middle of your cycles and worried about how things look: A dear friend of mine saw Dr. Hesla and had some experiences similar to yours, she wasnt producing a lot of follicles (4 total) and they thought they might have to cancel her cycle. She ended up producing 4 mature eggs and all four fertilized. She had two transferred and is about to have a healthy baby! The other two were submitted for PGE testing and were genetically abnormal. So even when things look bad and the numbers seem like they are against you, HAVE HOPE! Good luck!

I have had the same thing as well… uneven follicle growth or lead follicle issues.
I started an antagonist cycle in nov and had two large follicles from the beginning that were just way bigger than the rest like 10-12 and the rest were 4 and the gap never got smaller… we cancelled my first cycle on day 5 (I have no uterus so no iUI for me) and was so disappointed. They said it could be the month and that it probably wouldn’t happen again…took the holidays time off…
Started a second cycle (long lupron) in january and at my suppression check- my lovely lead follciles were there already!! My lead follicles would not suppress with 10 units of lupron, was increased to 20 and nothing suppressed. So cancelled that cycle before it even started. Stared a third cycle with higher doses of lupron (20 from the start)… well same thing happened and we decided to continue anyways. Dr. Hesla told us we may not have any at ET but was very supportive of continuing. I triggered at 9 days my lead follicles were 19,22, the rest were 10,10,10,8,9,4,4,4,) 6 eggs were retrieved but the small ones were not mature. 3 were mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI… and both were still going on Day 5… we were shocked…
So now in the 2WW… ahhhhhhhhhhhh…
I saw Dr. Bankowski for my first cycle but we had a lot of communication issues and other problems (think most of it was the surrogacy coordinator…), so switched to Dr. Hesla and its been wonderful ever since!

PDXgirl- I gave my surro some tests and will let her make that decision. I may get her to POAS at least the day of, maybe to break the news easier and not be so stressed out when the lab calls if the news is not good… cushion my fall a little??? I’m nervous to try tooo early but would be great to see a positive … I’m trying to stay positive. My surro says she feels totally normal… so who knows… Why can’t your hubby be home with you when you test? can you get up early and do it with him around sometime next week??
And if not I am happy to be around if you wanted to do it but wanted some support… just throwing that out there…

all this waiting is hard!!! I came to Bend to try and stay busy as I am off work this week… in that way I am lucky- I’m going to mountain bike and ski a little so that I am tired and can sleep- sleeping has been hard for me the past few days- my mind is just racing. I think its hard having no control of anything… ahhh :slight_smile:

But we are going to help each other through.

Did any of you guys use DHEA? supplements? accupuncture? HGH? and if so did your docs recommend it or did you bring it up?
Sounds like a lot of us have the same follicle issue, must be a sign of aging ovaries??

:bsv::bsv::bsv::bsv:
:cross::cross::cross::cross:

[quote=Birdy1]Hey ladies,
I loved ORM, talk about a well-oiled machine! I had to drive 2 hours to get to my appts, but I was usually able to schedule appts at 7am and always out of there so fast, I usually made it back to work by 9:15 without anyone noticing. I saw Dr. Barbieri and got pregnant on my first cycle. See my signature…Dr. Matteri did my ER and Bankowski performed by transfer (it was on a sunday). All of the doctors and staff were so nice and supportive.

For those of you in the middle of your cycles and worried about how things look: A dear friend of mine saw Dr. Hesla and had some experiences similar to yours, she wasnt producing a lot of follicles (4 total) and they thought they might have to cancel her cycle. She ended up producing 4 mature eggs and all four fertilized. She had two transferred and is about to have a healthy baby! The other two were submitted for PGE testing and were genetically abnormal. So even when things look bad and the numbers seem like they are against you, HAVE HOPE! Good luck![/quote]

Congrats on your pregnancy! You’re getting really close, that’s very exciting. Thanks for sharing your friend’s story. All of these low egg success stories are just what I need to see during the 2ww!

[quote=wannabehopeful]
PDXgirl- I gave my surro some tests and will let her make that decision. I may get her to POAS at least the day of, maybe to break the news easier and not be so stressed out when the lab calls if the news is not good… cushion my fall a little??? I’m nervous to try tooo early but would be great to see a positive … I’m trying to stay positive. My surro says she feels totally normal… so who knows… Why can’t your hubby be home with you when you test? can you get up early and do it with him around sometime next week??
And if not I am happy to be around if you wanted to do it but wanted some support… just throwing that out there…

all this waiting is hard!!! I came to Bend to try and stay busy as I am off work this week… in that way I am lucky- I’m going to mountain bike and ski a little so that I am tired and can sleep- sleeping has been hard for me the past few days- my mind is just racing. I think its hard having no control of anything… ahhh :slight_smile:

But we are going to help each other through.

Did any of you guys use DHEA? supplements? accupuncture? HGH? and if so did your docs recommend it or did you bring it up?
Sounds like a lot of us have the same follicle issue, must be a sign of aging ovaries??

:bsv::bsv::bsv::bsv:
:cross::cross::cross::cross:[/quote]

Oh my DH can be home if I do a HPT, I meant if we waited until the beta test he would be at work when they call from the office in the afternoon. But thanks for the offer of support, that is very sweet of you. :flower: I did POAS today just to see if the trigger was gone and it was. So I’m thinking I’ll take one on Monday. But try not to think about it as “cushioning the fall” but getting your prayers answered! You have been through so much and we both have defied the odds to make it this far that I believe we will get our :bfp: . I mean we had 2 eggs and we made it to transfer on day 5! Those little ones are fighters. I told my little bean today to get comfy for the next 9 months!

I started taking CoQ10 and going to weekly acupuncture after my cancelled Jan IVF. If this doesn’t work I’ll probably add DHEA, but that needs 3 months to work, so not sure I want to take that much time off. I basically asked Dr. Hesla his thoughts on supplements and acupuncture and he was ok with them so I started. I did do acupuncture before and after the transfer so hoping that helps as well.

Enjoy Bend, I’m jealous you got to get away for a few days. I took the rest of the week off from work as well but since my DH is working I still have lots of time for my mind to wonder and look things up on google! Oh well, only 7 days left!

I took Coq10 as well, started DHEA at the end of January figured it wouldn’t hurt, melatonin, and we did accupuncture too at blossom- my surro had it before and after transfer as well.
Dr. Hesla added growth hormone into my cycle this time…
He was nice about them when I asked him about all these supplements and he said I should take them, why not.
So lets see what happens. I know I want to find out results rather than be at work when I get the call… So yah maybe we will try POAS the day before…
I hope our embies are getting comfy and implanting snugly:)
Less than a week!! We can do it!! :bsv: :babydust:

My visit today with Dr. B went ok. My follicles are growing and my E2 increased. Gave me the option to cancel or to move forward, knowing we may not get many eggs. I have 7 follies now but 3 are much smaller than the others. We decided to keep going and I hope it wasn’t the wrong choice.

Go little follicles, go! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

[QUOTE=hopefulfamilytoo]My visit today with Dr. B went ok. My follicles are growing and my E2 increased. Gave me the option to cancel or to move forward, knowing we may not get many eggs. I have 7 follies now but 3 are much smaller than the others. We decided to keep going and I hope it wasn’t the wrong choice.

Go little follicles, go! :cheer::cheer::cheer:[/QUOTE]

Yay! So glad they are growing and your E2 is rising… You may have to stim a little longer, see if the small ones catch up. There is still lots of time!!! Things can change fast!! And it’s quality over quantity!!! Look at most of us with a few retrieved…but on our 2ww!!!
Ill be thinking growing thoughts :cross:
:babydust: to all!!!

[quote=hopefulfamilytoo]My visit today with Dr. B went ok. My follicles are growing and my E2 increased. Gave me the option to cancel or to move forward, knowing we may not get many eggs. I have 7 follies now but 3 are much smaller than the others. We decided to keep going and I hope it wasn’t the wrong choice.

Go little follicles, go! :cheer::cheer::cheer:[/quote]

That’s great news! I agree there is still lots of time for the others to catch up. You are only on day 6 right? I didn’t trigger until day 12. Keep us posted and I’ll keep my :cross: all your follicles continue to grow.

Thank you girls. I’m trying not to get my hopes up too high, but really can’t help holding onto some hope for the cycle. You are really inspirational.

[B]Wannabe[/B], I just saw in your signature that you got 2 AA blasts!!! Holy smokes that’s great :). Sounds like you’ve been through an awful lot and I’m so hopeful for you that this is the month!

Ali

Hello Ladies

I just wanted to send good vibes and thoughts to you all.

Unfortunately I was an ORM patient for almost three years. However, finally I worked with Dr .Hesla last year and expecting my baby boy in August.

Dr.H is a wonderful human being and a doctor. ORM has all updated technology and Protocols.
You ladies are definitely in good hands.

Good Luck to you and sending you all lot of :bsv: