Ovarian Hyperstimulation Symdrome

Hi!

I am 4 weeks pregnant through IUI. I also was diagnosed with ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome which was caused by the infertility medications. Its been a mild to moderate case, but I’ve still been pretty uncomfortable - weight gain, bloating, etc.

When I woke up this morning I was feeling better and I had lost 5 pounds . Do you think this means something bad for the baby?

Thanks!

Are you asking if OHSS is bad for baby? My doctor was more concerned about me taking it easy for my ovaries sake. He didn’t say anything about risk to baby. But if you’re concerned. Ask him/her. Although in my readings and from his feedback there didn’t seem to be any thing other than ovaries to worry about! Drink plenty of water and really do take it easy. Good luck! It seems you’re already feeling a lot better with this mornings developments! Oh and congrats on your BFP! :slight_smile:

Im also pregnant from iui and have moderate ohss. Ive gained 7lbs in 2 weeks and look 5 months pregnant. To make even worse, I am getting married next weekend and had to have my gown altered bc I cant fit into it bc of the bloating/weight gain. Cant enjoy that im pregnant bc of this ohss has me soo miserable!