Over 40 and starting IVF July/August!

Hello! Looking for anyone over 40 starting IVF in July or August. Over 40 ladies tend to have more challenges in our IVF cycles and this would be a great support group.

I’m quite a veteran to IVF–too many cycles to conceive my DS and DD, but worth all of the emotional, financial, and physical stress I endured. I want another child, so I’m trying at it again and starting my cycle in July. I’m nervous about the emotional turmoil, but excited to start and hopefully get a golden egg. :flower:

Ivf 3- do you have your calendar yet? What are you doing for prep right now?

Best wishes!!! I will let you know when my stim get scheduled… Likely very early july…not sure ? On bcp now.oh not happy on those…:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did u take dhea for 1st baby?

[QUOTE=ivfjourney3]Hello! Looking for anyone over 40 starting IVF in July or August. Over 40 ladies tend to have more challenges in our IVF cycles and this would be a great support group.

I’m quite a veteran to IVF–too many cycles to conceive my DS and DD, but worth all of the emotional, financial, and physical stress I endured. I want another child, so I’m trying at it again and starting my cycle in July. I’m nervous about the emotional turmoil, but excited to start and hopefully get a golden egg. :flower:[/QUOTE]

I’m not over 40 age wise but I think the fact that my chances of getting pregnant with IVF after I get rid of my cyst in the ovary is only 3% makes me a huge challenge. I almost couldn’t hold my tears when I got the preliminary results from my first IVF visit. I need a 2nd opinion. Do you have any recommendations for IVF clinics or Dr’s in the SF Bay Area?

oops- I didn’t see your thread. I just started an over 40 June-August thread.

:welcome: everyone! So glad to have some cycling buddies!

Nilah - no problem about the thread you started. Maybe if not many join one thread or the other, we could all migrate to one of them. I think it’s neat that you, goodnewsbear, and I have IVF little ones of a similar age and are now trying again so it will be nice to support each other.

goodnewsbear - Like I said to nilah, neat that you have a ds born in '12. I’m waiting for :af: to start bcps which should happen around June 26. I’ll be on bcps a little over a week and then can start my stims. I’m trying to prep myself as best possible. I’ve been taking DHEA for 4 months. I didn’t take DHEA with my ds–got lucky with an IUI (and 5 yrs younger). With my try for my dd, I took DHEA only on my 5th IVF and that was the one that gave me her!

mayiask - We’d love to have you. I know how discouraging it is to be given a 3% chance of success. Those were my odds too. Luckily my RE allowed my to try as much as I wanted. With low odd, it can take a lot of trys and a lot of determination. I don’t know of REs in the SF Bay area, but I’m sure you could do a search on this forum and find some recommendations.

[quote=ivfjourney3]:welcome: everyone! So glad to have some cycling buddies!

Nilah - no problem about the thread you started. Maybe if not many join one thread or the other, we could all migrate to one of them. I think it’s neat that you, goodnewsbear, and I have IVF little ones of a similar age and are now trying again so it will be nice to support each other.[/quote]

That sounds like a plan. I don’t know if there are going to be other over 40 women for June but we can consolidate into one thread.

I’m getting ready to start 2nd IVF @ 43

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I am 43 and am really ready to have our first baby. I’ve been with my husband for 21 years and everything in life has gotten in the way of having a family. He is almost 53. We’d really like to have one of our own and then perhaps adopt a child.

I was pregnant 3-4 years ago (we weren’t trying then) and miscarried after we heard the heartbeat. I did one round of IVF Dec 2012 and got pregnant but miscarried at 7.5 weeks (trisomy 15).

This month, I did the stimulation for the IUI (not my first one but my first one when my husband’s sperm was back to normal - he had an injury before). I’ve been taking all the supplements, doing acupuncture and drinking the Chinese herbs, etc. and had 3-5 eggs ready. My husband had 150M sperm, after the wash with 80% motility, etc. Everything looked great. But I got my period yesterday. So discouraged.

So this week, I will be starting the drugs again for my 2nd round of IVF. All of my hormone levels are great (even for someone under 35). As I know you can all understand, I didn’t think it would be this hard to get pregnant and keep the baby.

So I’m looking for support and certainly willing to give it. :slight_smile:

:welcome: readytobeparents. We actually have a more active over 40 June/July/August thread. We accidentally started two threads, so everyone has migrated over and is now using that one.

Hi Nilah - since I’m new at this, how do I find that thread?

The easiest thing is to scroll down the ivf board and you will see it. People tend to post every day so it is usually on page 1 or page 2.

Thanks Nilah for following up with readytobeparents. Yes, the june/july/august thread is active and I’ll be cycling next month.