Over 40 and trying for a sibling

I wanted to start this thread to have a place to share because being over 40 presents its own set of challenges but trying for a sibling adds another level to this process. I have a 14 month old son and I really want him to have a sibling. I know that so many wonderful deserving women on here are trying for their first one and I don’t want to be insensitive to their struggle by constantly talking about my son in other threads. However, I want to talk about how much I love him and just want to kiss his little face. :clap: The struggle for a second is different than the struggle for one but it is still hard. I am praying that God pours out another blessing for us and that we can have one more. So I figured I would start thread where I could say just that. Feel free to share.

Hi Nilah,

I just wanted to stop by and wish you good luck! I am not over 40…31, actually…but my insides don’t seem to know that. My highest recorded FSH was 20…and that was when I was 27. So, I tend to cycle much closer to your group. I am also trying for #2. I have a beautiful 2 year old girl born through IVF in 2010. 2 miscarriages last year and just had an ET of 4 not-so-great embies on the 13th. Beta is on Monday the 25th.

I know how hard it is to go through infertility the second time. We don’t feel as though our family is complete yet…and continue to pray that God will bless us with another healthy pregnancy and another healthy baby(ies).

I will say my prayers that things go well for you!

Peanut21- good luck and prayers to you too. You don’t have to be over 40 to post in this thread. I just happen to be. :slight_smile: I feel exactly what you are saying about it being hard for #2 also because you want to add to and complete your family.