Over 40 Cycling June, July, August 2013

I figured I would start this thread for all of the over 40 ladies that may be somewhere in the mix this summer. I am hoping to start stims on Monday :cross:. I know there are a few ladies who will be starting some time this summer. Our cycles always seem to get spread out so I thought it would be helpful to pull together a few months so that we can support each through the out summer months. I hope everyone is well.

40 and round 4!

Hi everyone. My name is Marla…I am 40 yrs old(ewww ha) and my husband is 35. We are currently on round 4 of ivf. I am thankful to have found this forum as everyone seems so wonderful and supportive. Heaven knows that we all need all the help and advice we can get! I look forward to corresponding with ya’ll and having others to lean on and learn from during this roller coaster ride of emotions. I am on week 3 of bcp’s and beginning my injections(menopur,lupron,follistim protocol) June 16th-ish. It is looking like egg retrieval should fall somewhere around the 4th week of july. After the last round which resulted in a miscarriage, we have switched t a new RE and are very excited and have hope again! Best wishes for success to everyone, I pray God will bless you all.

[QUOTE=marla40]Hi everyone. My name is Marla…I am 40 yrs old(ewww ha) and my husband is 35. We are currently on round 4 of ivf. I am thankful to have found this forum as everyone seems so wonderful and supportive. Heaven knows that we all need all the help and advice we can get! I look forward to corresponding with ya’ll and having others to lean on and learn from during this roller coaster ride of emotions. I am on week 3 of bcp’s and beginning my injections(menopur,lupron,follistim protocol) June 16th-ish. It is looking like egg retrieval should fall somewhere around the 4th week of july. After the last round which resulted in a miscarriage, we have switched t a new RE and are very excited and have hope again! Best wishes for success to everyone, I pray God will bless you all.[/QUOTE]

Hi Marla,
Just a question. We have gone through 2 iui and an IVF cycle with 4 fets. No success. What made you decide to switch REs? Not sure what I should make my next step.

:welcome:Marlo40- good luck with the new RE. I am glad that you have hope again. June 16th will be hear before you know it.

:welcome:ChrissyNY- good luck with deciding what your next steps should be.

AFM- I go in tomorrow for b/w and u/s. I have been on Lupron for what seems now like forever. I was supposed to start stims a week ago but found out that my RE would be out of town during the time when I would probably have had ER and ET so I decided to push my stims back so that I could make sure he would be here. I am hoping that the extra lupron and suppression does not negatively impact me.

Hi Chrissy! We switched after much agonizing about it. Our 1st round-4eggs retrieved:1fertilized. 2nd round-had 12 eggs and 2 days before retrieval…one jumped ahead of all the others and he cancelled it. 3rd round-8 eggs and 2 fertilized. We just had an uneasy feeling the entire 3rd try. Compared to things we heard other REs were doing, we were really questioning ours. We were always given very little information and our questions went unanswered. I think our first RE was more about the money than making babies. We LOVE our new doctor and all his staff!! All the question we had have been answered. He studied my records to see what was happening and they have a psychologist on staff to counsel us throughout. He even calls me himself on Monday nights to check on me and ask if I have questions! I am most excited this time to know I will get put to sleep for retrieval! ha That sound like a baby, but last RE did not offer that and it was miserable! Sorry for rambling…but we are excited and hopeful again. I wish you much success and I know changing drs is a hard decision. Any thing else you want to know that I didn’t answer, let me know!

thank you

[QUOTE=Nilah]:welcome:Marlo40- good luck with the new RE. I am glad that you have hope again. June 16th will be hear before you know it.

AFM- I go in tomorrow for b/w and u/s. I have been on Lupron for what seems now like forever. I was supposed to start stims a week ago but found out that my RE would be out of town during the time when I would probably have had ER and ET so I decided to push my stims back so that I could make sure he would be here. I am hoping that the extra lupron and suppression does not negatively impact me.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Nilah for the kind words! They are greatly appreciated. I so hope this time is it!

[QUOTE=marla40]Hi Chrissy! We switched after much agonizing about it. Our 1st round-4eggs retrieved:1fertilized. 2nd round-had 12 eggs and 2 days before retrieval…one jumped ahead of all the others and he cancelled it. 3rd round-8 eggs and 2 fertilized. We just had an uneasy feeling the entire 3rd try. Compared to things we heard other REs were doing, we were really questioning ours. We were always given very little information and our questions went unanswered. I think our first RE was more about the money than making babies. We LOVE our new doctor and all his staff!! All the question we had have been answered. He studied my records to see what was happening and they have a psychologist on staff to counsel us throughout. He even calls me himself on Monday nights to check on me and ask if I have questions! I am most excited this time to know I will get put to sleep for retrieval! ha That sound like a baby, but last RE did not offer that and it was miserable! Sorry for rambling…but we are excited and hopeful again. I wish you much success and I know changing drs is a hard decision. Any thing else you want to know that I didn’t answer, let me know![/QUOTE]

Thank you. On the contrary my RE is great and the office as well. I have been reading reviews of other RE and they are of course mixed bags of reviews, but the main complaints are that questions aren’t answered and there is no bedside manner, and the RE is not available.
I don’t have those issues at all. I was just wondering that if after a complete round, should I try someone else.

So thank you for your feedback. I guess if we decide to do this fresh cycle we will indeed stick with him. Wow! No anesthesia for your retrieval? Never heard of that. That doesn’t make you a baby, it makes you sane…lol

[QUOTE=Nilah]:welcome:Marlo40- good luck with the new RE. I am glad that you have hope again. June 16th will be hear before you know it.

AFM- I go in tomorrow for b/w and u/s. I have been on Lupron for what seems now like forever. I was supposed to start stims a week ago but found out that my RE would be out of town during the time when I would probably have had ER and ET so I decided to push my stims back so that I could make sure he would be here. I am hoping that the extra lupron and suppression does not negatively impact me.[/QUOTE]

Nilah, I know that would concern me too. Like having to
Wait or my D &C until weds, because that is his surgery day.
I remember for my transfer though he want there, so another dr does it. Good luck, and I can’t wait to hear how it goes.

Hi ladies! I will join you! Praying for bfps for all of you!!! I will stim soon… Likely first week in July. Just on bcps and trying to eat healthier.

Good luck to us all!:flower:

ChrissyNY- I would change if I really felt like part of my lack of success was due to the protocol or if I didn’t trust my RE. Is there any sense of what the issue was that caused the cycle to be unsuccesful?

Goodnewsbear- welcome aboard. Good luck with the healthy eating. How is that going?

Hello Ladies!!
Glad you started a new thread Nilah to take us into the summer.

Nilah- I think being on Lupron for a bit longer cannot hurt, I actually read that for ladies with my condition, endometriosis, they actually put you on a longer Lupron regime before FET. How did it go today?

ChrissyNY- I am only starting my second IVF cycle - it seems like it normally takes more than one round for it to take- I have been doing this since September and its been a long journey already- so much of this is out of our control. Switching REs can be a difficult decision. Good Luck!!

Marla40- Lots of luck to you. I had my second cycle cancelled in late April so this downtime til my hormones got back to range has been excruciating!!

AFM- keeping :cross: I am hopefully going to start stims tonight- had bloodwork and u/s this am, waiting for the green light!

Redhed- :cross: that you get the green light to start stims tonight too. My u/s was good. I am just waiting for the b/w results and hopefully the green light also. I know what you mean about waiting. I was originally supposed to start in February and got delayed to deal with other health issues and then got delayed again for the start of stims becaue of scheduling. I am just so ready to get to the next phase of this.

Hi Nilah- yes I am also waiting on bloodwork results to hopefully start shots tonight. I see that you had a successful IVF before- would you mind if I ask how long the cycle was from start to finish? And how many embies did you transfer? I am doing three cycles for ER and freezing any viable embies for an FET some where in the future. I also will need one surgery to remove a uterine fibroid before the FET. Seems like my cycles have been so dragged out due to my endo and fibroid issues.

Thanks for starting this Nilah. Hello ladies!

I’ve just wrapped up my first IVF with a chemical :grr:.

I have my WTH follow up with my RE tomorrow and will know my next cycle schedule. Happy to some 40+ buddies to cycle with next time around.

:babydust: for all.

[QUOTE=whateverlolawants]Thanks for starting this Nilah. Hello ladies!

I have my WTH follow up with my RE tomorrow and will know my next cycle schedule. Happy to some 40+ buddies to cycle with next time around.

:babydust: for all.[/QUOTE]

So sorry. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Whateverlolawants- I hope you get some answers tomorrow that will help make the next cycle a success.

Redhed- My first cycle started with Lupron on April 5, 2011 and ended with 1st Beta on May 11, 2011. I have to go back and read my journal but I think my retrieval was April 25 or 26. We transfered 3. I also have fibroids still- I had my second surgery in 2010 to remove as many as she could while still preserving my uterus. There was initially a concern about whether I would get pregnant and once I did then the concern was whether the fibroids would be painful or cause me to go into preterm labor. Neither happened. They did make me always look more pregnant than I was but that was about it. This cycle has already been longer because of the delay and with me remaining on lupron longer.

Afm: I got the call that I can start stims tomorrow night. Thank goodness.

Nilah
I will be on microdose lupron this round also. I took it on round two. I dread it this time…the shots were no picnic. It seemed to me like the lupron really knotted up on me and had quite a sting to them…have you had this issue? Also, my new RE said it was fine to take some of them in the arm…to give my tummy a break now and then…have you tried your arm before? I hope you have good luck and get an itty bitty surprise! :preg:

[QUOTE=whateverlolawants]Thanks for starting this Nilah. Hello ladies!

:babydust: for all.[/QUOTE]

I am so sorry…I know how disappointed you must be. I hope you can start your next cycle very soon and have a successful outcome.

marlo40- I haven’t had that problem with the lupron. I switch sides every day and I try stay at least 2 inches away from the belly button. I am more concerned with the menopur than I was with the lupron.

[QUOTE=Goodnewsbear]Hi ladies! I will join you! Praying for bfps for all of you!!! I will stim soon… Likely first week in July. Just on bcps and trying to eat healthier.

Good luck to us all!:flower:[/QUOTE]
HI goodnewsbear! Thank you for any prayers as we all need them. :pray: I think you and I are on similar schedules. I am on my bcp’s now also and start my injections around 2nd-3rd week of June. I will pray for you as well and hope for a happy outcome for you!!