Over 40 cycling November, December and January

Even though I am posting on fertile thoughts, I really miss being here and miss all the people I have met since 2011. I am hoping that the functionality is better here now. I am going to try this one more time and hopefully it is easier to post and to follow people. I am starting my third and maybe final IVF. Anyone else cycling soon?

Good luck with this cycle Nilah!!!

Nilah, I wish you all the very best. I am also going to start another IVF soon. This has been incredibly, absolutely hell for me. I do try with everything I have. I haven’t been feeling well these past few weeks, had a cold but feel so run down. My TSH level is low, I am on a higher dose of synthroid too but it feels like I did when I first had slightly elevated thyroid antibodies after my first IVF, I went on medication and felt great. anyway praying for everyone here.

HI Dianna- how are you? It has been awhile. I had so much stuff going on that I really needed to take some time to myself. The last time I cycled, I never felt right. Everything about that cycle was wrong. Though life still has its ups and downs, I feel like I am in a better space and I hope this cycle works. I was starting to think that I was the only one still hanging around here. LOL.

LillyB- when do you think you will cycle again? I hope you feel better. How does the thyroid problem impact your IVF?

Nilah, your thyroid or Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) needs to be under 2.5 or 2.0 for IVF. IVF medication or a short term pregnancy can increase it and have the antibodies to thyroid come about. I have “slightly elevated antibodies to thyroid” my Dr. would not call it Hashimoto’s instead it’s “subclinical hypothyroidism”. I found this out after my first IVF as I couldn’t get out of bed for a month and a half. i’m on medication now. my weight is fine, i’m skinny and it’s never been affected. Dr. Fiona the naturopath has an article on it that I think she updated but google it. make sure you know your thyroid level.

Good luck, Nilah and Lily_B. I’m not currently cycling (had success with my last cycle), but I do like to keep up with others in my age group.

Lillyb thanks for the info. Dragongirl- Congrats on the birth of your son. How is it going for you and the little one? I really wish that they had not tinkered with the old page because I feel like once they did so many connections between people were lost.

Thanks Nilah! We are doing great! He just turned 3 months old. Occasionally, he has slept through the night though most often he gets up once around 2 or 3 am. My only issues with him at thispoint is he’s hard to get to sleep, but he is getting better with it. I hate the site changes as well. I used to read the 40+ and happy to have found you regularly and now it has no activity. And of coursethis site changed right at a time when I was at home and able to post more often.