Overwhelmed

Hello, to start out my name is Danielle and I have been looking on this website for sometime and read through some posts and trying to get a grasp on all of the ins and outs of options we have… I am 20 and my boyfriend is 33 some age difference, hopefully getting engaged with in this year. We have been together for 4 years and just recently purchased our first home. He had a Vasectomy going on 7 years now due to his previous marriage, her not wanting anymore children after their son was born. Now that we have moved on and gotten farther into our relationship and purchased a home we have started talking about having children because for me that is a must. He has spoke to his dr about a reversal but it doesnt look good in it working and resulting in a pregnancy. We are really wanting to try to conceive before we get married, I would rather spend money on trying to conceive than a wedding.

He wants it to be genetically his so sperm bank is out of the option and he doesnt want to do adoption, I was open to anything as long as it resulted in me being able to be a mother. We have been looking at IVF with the ICSI so it could be genetically his, would this be our only option so it is genetically his?? The whole thing scares me and its very overwhelming to me at this time, with the financial side of it and not sure of the entire process. I have been doing research and the more I read the more I get overwhelmed with confusion. We are not planning on doing anything until next year were we can hopefully refinance the house so we can hopefully pay for all the medical bills, but until then what can I do to get me on the right track? like to prepair myself for the whole process, maybe a check list? What is something I could do to improve my chances? Ive never had any medical problems, ive never had a baby or been pregnant.
I may be stressing over nothing at this time, I just want things to be all ready and I feel informed before I go forth in the process. It sounds like a long road and sometimes heartbreaking road but I am willing to take the road if that means WE can raise a bundle of joy together.

Thanks and sorry if Ive asked questions thats been answered before, and sorry Im asking all of this now I just feel that I should ask for advice to women that know where I should start for the process a year can go pretty fast and I want to be prepared

Thank you for your time

I found some information on my Doctors site (Jay Nemiro). Hope it’s helpful to you. Below is the link to the Doctor I see. He’s not in your state but the link gives you an overview of the options.
In cases where a man wants to have future child bearing potential, he has two choices. One is to do a reversal of his vasectomy, the other is to do IVF[/URL] and recover sperm from the epididymis ([URL=“http://www.acfs2000.com/art_services/mesa-and-tesa.html”]MESA/TESA).

Question: Do you have normal periods every month? One option to prepare yourself is to seek an RE that you like and is willing to start testing such as blood work and ultra sounds.

Best wishes!!

Vasectomy Reversal vs. In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) - Arizona Fertility Center

Danielle,
You’ve absolutely come to the right place, as we’ve all felt many of the same emotions you are feeling. I never thought we’d have to go through something like IVF (don’t let me signature scare you, we just have a diagnosis that requires more treatment) and was terrified when the doctor said it was the recommended next step if we wanted biological children. While IVF is expensive and overwhelming, there is also so much information available, as well as support groups online, through clinics and through local hospitals, so you truly can get guidance and support through the process.

My best advice for now- be excited, because it’s highly likely you can have a baby that is genetically linked to you and your future husband. You have time on your side biologically, so you can take the time to go to an introductory class at a local clinic, find a support group in your area to visit and ask questions, and take your time deciding what is best for you. There are likely to be many women chiming in about their experience with IVF and vasectomies as well, so you can get the full scoop.

You are young as well and have your whole life in front of you. Whether you and your boyfriend are the same age or there is a gap, what matters most is that you personally are ready for this journey. Infertility is difficult- it causes strain on relationships, finances, family, careers, but it is survivable, you just have to be ready - both for yourself and your relationship.

Good luck on your journey! We’ll all be here to support you as you go through it.

The best option that you can choose is the IVF through TESA/ PESA/ Testicular Biopsy. here is the informartion abouth those treatments:
PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
“PESA” (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration) is a process of retrieving sperm directly from the patient. In this process the sperm is recovered by passing a needle into the epididymis through the skin. This process is generally performed by giving anesthesia or when the patient is under sedation. This needle aspiration technique of sperm retrieval is called PESA.
PESA is of value for:

• Men with failed vasectomy reversal,
  • Those born with an absent deferens, and
  • Those with other irreversible obstructions of the genital tract.

This is recommended for the patients who do not have sperm in their semen. These men do not have any problem in the vas, but have a failure in testicular. These testes may sometimes some low amount of sperm which disappears in the semen. This process involves placing a needle attached to a syringe through the scrotum skin. After inserting the needle, the liquid sperm is directly sucked out of the fluid inside the testicle.
Testicular Biopsy
This method can be used to:

• diagnose the location and condition of a lump in the testes
  • diagnose causes of male infertility
  • obtain sperm for in vitro fertilization (IVF)

In this process, the semen of the men obtained from both the testicles is diagnosed under the microscope in order to evaluate the ability of men to become a father to a child. This test determines the causes of infertility in men.