Ovidrel injections - anyone had training?

Hi all, has any of you had your FC-provided training on self-injecting with ovidrel? I was told I should do the training (my FC offers it for extra charge), but I’ve never had time to do it. I’m supposed start injections this cycle, and as I’m not a fun of needles, I’m starting to be worried whether I’ll be able to do it right or actually do it at all… any advice would be welcome. :slight_smile:

btw, it may be silly question and I apologize if it is, I’m kind of new to all this. :slight_smile:

I didn’t have any training… mine came with a little chart you read to see where to insert the needle. I heard there are some videos online to watch as well. Last month was my first month with the injectables and it really wasn’t bad at all. The first couple were the worst because you have to figure out the right speed to insert the needle. Thankfully all the needles I used were really small so I barely felt them.

Wish you luck with your first round!! :bsv:

I read it twice, you did write it goes in your stomach, lol. Right when I hoped I’ll only feel reassured… :wink:
(kidding, a little…) Thanks [B]My11:11wish[/B]! I’m not really worried about the pain, but the procedure… called my nurse and she told me to watch the videos on their site. Why don’t they make pills?! For everything! :wink:

[quote=ForeverHopeful23]I didn’t have any training… mine came with a little chart you read to see where to insert the needle. I heard there are some videos online to watch as well. Last month was my first month with the injectables and it really wasn’t bad at all. The first couple were the worst because you have to figure out the right speed to insert the needle. Thankfully all the needles I used were really small so I barely felt them.

Wish you luck with your first round!! :bsv:[/quote]

Thank you [B]ForeverHopeful23[/B]! I’ll definitely watch the videos. Or have my DH watch them, since I’m a whimp. :slight_smile:

I wish the first injection was at the clinic, with the nurse making sure I’m doing it right. I know it’s probably not a big deal (it’s just an injection and there are probably worse things to come), but I’ve never had to do anything like this and I have all the crazy scenarios in my head for what may go wrong, like I decide half way through that I’m doing it wrong or the needle gets stuck… :rolleyes:

Thanks again girls for good advice (watch videos, figure out the speed)!

i am terrified of needles! but i was able to do the injections. it’s scary at first, but you can do it! really! you will surprise yourself. there are tons of videos online. watch those. and then go for it. you will be surprised by how easy it is!! good luck!

Thanks [B]becca1119[/B]! I did watch the video last night with my hubby. I think he got more freaked out than me, lol. Looks like I’ll be self-injecting… it didn’t look overly complicated, so the toughest part will be NOT trying not to look when I insert the needle (that’s what I always do during blood tests).

I’ll be back here after the first trial (hopefully successful). :wink:

hehe that is exactly the situation i was in. i DO NOT look during blood tests. i really freak out. but hubby was way too freaked out to do my injections, so i just had to manage while he stood by for moral support and helped me get everything ready. but i don’t think you can do it without looking and positioning your needle and such. you do basically just grab some flab and inject. you feel the initial prick, but after that the sensation is pretty dull. good luck!

Ok, an update, since my trigger was yesterday. It took me and my hubby 15 min. to get through with it. We took a break when both of us tried to do it and freaked out at the last moment. A shot of Jameson (each) one more ’ I can’t do it’ followed by some nervous giggles from me and then finally my hubby was able to do it. So… success. :slight_smile: Well, it’s really just one step, but not having done that before, it was an experience we will definitely remember. :slight_smile:

So for everyone going through with ovidrel injection for the first time - you (or your hubby) can do it! The secret is in doing it together. :slight_smile:

^ yay! great job.

best wishes for the 2ww!

[quote=becca1119]^ yay! great job.

best wishes for the 2ww![/quote]

Thank you [B]becca[/B]! It’s going to be fun two weeks, since I’m already expiriencing the side effects of ovidrell, and adding prometrium tomorrow… :wink:

This link may help you. They have lessons for taking injectibles.

Injection Lessons | CNY Fertility Center

Good luck!