So I’m going in tomorrow for first iui. Nurse called when I was asleep and now I’m second guessing what I heard. Call into doc and waiting on call back. I think they said ovidrel tonight between 5 and 9 and iui tomorrow at 8am but is that enough time? I thought ovidrel causes ovulation 24-36 hours. Now I’m scared.
I just had my first IUI done last Monday - I’m on the 2ww right now, but I took mine on the Saturday before I had IUI done, so I had a good almost 48 hours in between…
I had mine about 36 hrs out, but I’ve heard of people triggering anywhere between 24-48 hours ahead of IUI.
I usually have my IUI about 36 hours after the Ovidrel trigger.
I usually have my trigger the night before the IUI. WHen I did back to back, I did my shot at 9PM, and then had B2B IUI’s the next day and the day after that at 9AMish.
Keep in mind that the washed sperm can stay alive for 12 hours or more once inserted.
Thank you all so much. Still waiting for doctor to call me back. I am 99% sure they said 5-9 pm the night befor. Maybe I don’t have to wait as long bc I’m doing iuis b2b.
I also did the trigger the night before my IUI and then had b2b IUI’s. Good luck!!!
I think you’ll be ok if your having 2 b2b iui’s. sperm can last for a few days.:bsv:
Yes - b2b IUIs are usually done the two days after trigger - so that sounds correct to me!
I just had my first IUI this month and 12hrs is my doctors protocol also which I thought was odd but I didn’t question it until today. I got my negative beta today and questioned this because we did only 1 iui and we are using donor sperm. I told her that I felt major cramping(probably ovulation) 36 hrs after the shot so she said that this month we will have me trigger earlier.
My RE’s protocol is to do the trigger in the morning, and 24 hours later do the 1st IUI. I then go back the next day and if I have not O’d yet then they do another IUI (so 48 hours after trigger).
[QUOTE=OCWife2010]My RE’s protocol is to do the trigger in the morning, and 24 hours later do the 1st IUI. I then go back the next day and if I have not O’d yet then they do another IUI (so 48 hours after trigger).
OCWife- How do you know if you haven’t O’d?
My RE’s protocol is 24 hours after the trigger but I have been questioning that as we are using donor sperm and donor sperm doesn’t live as long. It seems like most RE’s use the 36 hr protocol.
Thanks for all your help ladies. My doctors office did call me back earlier but I been running around trying to get my car fixed. I was correct I do the Ovidrel tonight between 5-9 and my first IUI is tomorrow morning at 8 A.M. I will ask her tomorrow why she doesn’t wait the 24-48 hrs like other doctors. Did the shot and it wasn’t so bad. Just looked very weird going in/out the skin. I believe I was getting ready to ovulate anyway because I am cramping something horribly or it could be the follicles still growing. Well wish me luck and baby dust to you all
Oh I don’t know if this is normal but I did the shot about an hour ago and now I have a wicked headache. Is it related?
Good Luck:flower: and baby dust!!!
[quote=gingy72][B]OCWife- How do you know if you haven’t O’d?[/B]
My RE’s protocol is 24 hours after the trigger but I have been questioning that as we are using donor sperm and donor sperm doesn’t live as long. It seems like most RE’s use the 36 hr protocol.[/quote]
They ask me to go in the day after my first IUI, and they do a vaginal u/s at that time to look at my ovaries. If it shows that I haven’t O’d yet, at that same time/visit they do the 2nd IUI. Which is kind of weird, right? Because I have to have my husband have a sample just in case.
I asked my RE about the typical 36 hour protocol and he says that in his years of experience, the IUI at 24 hours after trigger with the possible b2b IUI at 48 hours after trigger has worked best, with his patients.
I haven’t heard any difference between how long donor vs non-donor sperm live.
GL to all!
We always do Ovidrel 36 hrs before IUI.
The trick with DS (and frozen) is that when they rethaw them they don’t last as long as fresh do. We had considered freezing to try while he was gone, but between it lowering counts with freezing/rethawing, and then not lasting as long, we decided it wasn’t worth it with his counts/motility.