Ovidrel trigger

Hi all-
I had my trigger of Ovidrel last night, then proceeded to have a dream last night that I was one of those women for whom it didn’t work…Granted, it worked for my last cycle, but I was getting myself paranoid…I had to take the injection in the bathroom of a friend’s home at a holiday party…I did the injection like I normally would, and pressed the plunger down slowly and completely, holding it for 5 seconds after it was down…When I took it out, some liquid squirted out of it, so now I’m nervous that I didn’t get it all, but then thought it might have extra like some of the stim meds? I took a HPT this morning and it was the faintest of faintest lines, but I also read that menopur has some traces of hcg in it…Trying not to be paranoid, because that isn’t me at all!

Any thoughts?

How much did you have to take? I did the same thing one time… But the hpt was pretty dark.

[quote=latebloomer522]Hi all-
I had my trigger of Ovidrel last night, then proceeded to have a dream last night that I was one of those women for whom it didn’t work…Granted, it worked for my last cycle, but I was getting myself paranoid…I had to take the injection in the bathroom of a friend’s home at a holiday party…I did the injection like I normally would, and pressed the plunger down slowly and completely, holding it for 5 seconds after it was down…When I took it out, some liquid squirted out of it, so now I’m nervous that I didn’t get it all, but then thought it might have extra like some of the stim meds? I took a HPT this morning and it was the faintest of faintest lines, but I also read that menopur has some traces of hcg in it…Trying not to be paranoid, because that isn’t me at all!

Any thoughts?[/quote]

You might try another hpt and see if it’s darker. Subq injections give a slow rise in blood levels.

Thanks. I didn’t do another one yet, but will try tomorrow if I have another test…Trying not to freak out but now debating if I should go buy one? Granted, its probably too late now anyway…I tested “in” my trigger once before with novarel just to see the second line and it wasn’t super dark then either…I know I injected it completely so I can’t freak out!

I’m sure everything is ok!! If your still worried call the clinic in the morning just in case.

And Novarel is a 10,000 IU intramuscular injection, so it’s a bigger dose and also absorbs by a faster route.

Ovidrel is 6700 IU (250 ug) and given subcutaneous.

It takes one injection of hCG 12-24 hours to reach peak absorption, then about 10 days to gradually clear.

[quote=latebloomer522]Hi all-

Any thoughts?[/quote]

Just wanted to respond to say the same thing happened to me. I would guess that this is a fairly common occurrence. If it were a rather large spluge, I would say call your RE and ask the on call nurse. If it was just a moderate spluge (which is what I would have categorized mine) then I would say take a deep breath and talk the RE before your procedure, but I’m gonna guess it is all good.

My first beta, after spluging Ovidrel, was 276 and tomorrow is beta #2…so it can be ok! LOL

Hmmm…I never did the Novarel IM, it was subq too…

[QUOTE=Ghost]And Novarel is a 10,000 IU intramuscular injection, so it’s a bigger dose and also absorbs by a faster route.

Ovidrel is 6700 IU (250 ug) and given subcutaneous.

It takes one injection of hCG 12-24 hours to reach peak absorption, then about 10 days to gradually clear.[/QUOTE]

I think everything turned out ok…They got 13 eggs this morning and no word that there was any issues, so I think I did ok! Thanks for all the responses!

[QUOTE=latebloomer522]I think everything turned out ok…They got 13 eggs this morning and no word that there was any issues, so I think I did ok! Thanks for all the responses![/QUOTE]
13 is awesome. Rest up and drink lots of fluids!!!