Painful cramps, red blood, no clots for 1 hr

i am exactly 5 weeks pregnant, from a FET, AH , ICSI.
my first beta was 369 with progesterone showing on 1.9 i had to have emergency shot of progesterone.
two days ago at d20po, my hcg showed 7656. my progeserone low but rising at 7.3.
last night, three hour after endometrin insertion, i started having period cramps… then i noticed red blood on the toilet tissue, then major cramps all of a sudden with in 20 min. the kind that feel like pricking pains and cold, dull pain of period, that lead to uterine like labor cramps, but not like real labor obviously because i would be screaming but it was painful and very intense. i was sure i was having a miscarraige any minute. I did not pass clots only a pad worth of blood. i took a warm shower to try to stop the bleeding and cramp and took some spirulina high in vitamin k to thicken my blood and laid down feet up, put an endometrin/progesterone 100 mg in there. I figured i was low and possibly this will help. i then prayed. The bleeding and cramps to my surprise did stop. The entire incident of the actual cramps and blood lasted an hour. Do you think i lost the baby already? or was this classic threatened miscarraige? Is it possible the omega 3 high dose im taking made me bleed and have period cramps? or my low progesterone is threatening miscarraige? any suggestions on what this might be or cause it? thank you. Do you think i lost the baby without seeing the blood clots?

eek. Scary. I don’t know for sure what happened, but I’m glad it stopped. No, I don’t think you could have had a m/c without seeing any clots. Even at this early stage, you probably would have seen more clot like material. However, did you call your RE office yet? I hope they can give you an u/s. All the best to you! I hope it was just a scare.

It could have something to do with multiples ur hcg is high. I will keep you in my prayers for sticky baby or babies.

I was about 5-6 weeks into my pregnancy when the same thing happened to me. I was at the movie theater and went to the restroom and was gushing blood. I was pretty sure I MC and went to the emergency room.

Amazingly my little guy was fine but the doctors couldn’t give me an explanation why I was bleeding.

Before that though I did have a vanishing twin that did not develop so they thought it might be expelling itself.

After that incident though, I bled a lot after my progesterone shots. I took them twice a week and the next day I always bled. I thought I was miscarrying my other little one, but I never did.

I’m sending you good vibes that all is well.

I’m sorry you are going through this, I know how scary it is! I had a similar experience earlier this week, except in addition to painful cramps and filling up a pad with red blood, I also passed a couple of huge clots and a few smaller ones. My emergency U/S showed a perfectly normal pregnancy with some possible blood clots in my uterus. My RE prescribed bedrest X4 days and switched me from crinone to PIO. Research SCH in pregnancy and you will find that scary bleeding and cramps are more common than you think. Also, I hope you are on PIO in addition to your suppositories…especially if you start to bleed again, you don’t want all your progesterone support to be flushed out. Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!:babydust:

Thank you all for the comments. Thankfully all day no blood, only brown blood in the morning from the bleeding/cramping event last night.

I did talk with my RE, but he said if the baby is not biologically perfect i will miscarry, else extra progesterone will not help. well frankly i think this is a not true, especially given the fact that my progesterone serum levels are so low at 7.3. He did say that my uterine/endometrium levels were much higher due to vaginal suppository i am taking now 3x a day. I did not tell him i am secretly taking an extra dose at midnight to keep my levels up, because i want to do what i can to get my levels to safe zone above 20.

Also, I was thinking that maybe i took too many fish oil/ omega 3 that contributed to the bleed i take 4,000 mg or 4 grams a day and i might have taken one dose too many. ive been in a bit of a fog…I did not take any today and will cut back. …but if i overdosed on fishoil, thus contributing to bleed, that does not explain the cramps. I think that SCH would be possible, as the idea of multiples and possibly i lost one? I never passed any clots or anything that looked too much like placenta…or fetus, but then again im still only 5 weeks 1 day.

So there are cramps with SCH? thank you for this info, i will google this.

I am so thankful for today, 1 day after the event, no cramps and no blood :cross: i mostly did rest.

My RE said many women bleed and cramp in first trimester but his answers are all to generic for me. He did say if i bleed for more than 6 hrs to take a PIO shot of 2cc…as i would loose too much of the progesterone insert. I was hoping he would suggest a shot of pio…but he did not.

Thank you all again for your comments and suggestions and support, it really means alot! I welcome any more feedback, suggestions and ideas.

I will keep this post updated.

Best wishes and :bsv:

doing better no bleeding, no cramping , taking it easy

wow! congrats on your :preg::preg::preg:triplets! How wonderful! Thank you for the prayers and good wishes. yeah i thought my hcg was very high too. … i only put in 2, day 5 assisted hatch embryos… one was “very pretty” the other looked ok. did you put in three embryos or did one of your eggs split?
I wish you and all the ladies here a happy healthy pregnancy !:babydust:and :bsv:

LMAC - I had a bad sch… Cramps - yes and no. Initially, no - just lots and lots of blood and clots. At one point (18 weeks) I was hospitalized for two weeks because the blood sitting around in my uterus was irritating it and causing it to contract, but it wasn’t ever ‘painful.’ Good luck to you!

geez, two weeks, i hope you had a good outcome. I think that is what i was experiencing, contractions, which were not so painful physically as they were uncomfortable and psychologically painful as i felt i was having a miscarriage. they were slightly painful though… when did your SCH develop, was it early on? or just at around 18 weeks. I am curious to know if this is something i might have to deal with throughout the remainder of the pregnancy, pending i did not already lose them. I wont know until ultra sound. I found a place in town that does ultra sound because im not due for one until 1.5 weeks from now… Do you think they can see anything at 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant or is it too early? My hcg about 4 days ago was just over 7656. thanks for your reply . Hope that the remainder of your pregnancy goes well…

i think it was sch, subchorionic hemorrhage

Hello BiniL. i am watching your other thread and i am hoping for the best for you. I know you have an ultra sound coming up soon, so :cross: all looks perfect. Thank you for sharing your experience, i am not so stressed out now after you shared your experience, at least i have an idea of what could be going on… its not just random miscarrage. I really think i have a SCH type situation… especially becuase i thinned my blood so badly with omega 3 suppliment and the onset of the cramp/contraction and bleed was so sudden to come and go… it makes sense. At one point during the contraction i felt my lower abdomen swell up and distend… and mild contractions were felt in my uterus…i could have sworn it was mild labor and miscarriage… my breast soreness has gone down ever so slightly, but they are still sore and swollen up, so i think i am still pregnant, i sure hope so… and i am as eager as ever to confirm things on ultra sound. Best wishes and thanks again for your comments

[QUOTE=LAMC]geez, two weeks, i hope you had a good outcome. I think that is what i was experiencing, contractions, which were not so painful physically as they were uncomfortable and psychologically painful as i felt i was having a miscarriage. they were slightly painful though… when did your SCH develop, was it early on? or just at around 18 weeks. I am curious to know if this is something i might have to deal with throughout the remainder of the pregnancy, pending i did not already lose them. I wont know until ultra sound. I found a place in town that does ultra sound because im not due for one until 1.5 weeks from now… Do you think they can see anything at 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant or is it too early? My hcg about 4 days ago was just over 7656. thanks for your reply . Hope that the remainder of your pregnancy goes well…[/QUOTE]

My first large bleed was at 7 weeks and for me it did become severe (hence my 2 weeks in the hospital). Luckily and thanks to God, my sweet little girl made it into the world safe and sound. Due to the extreme size of my sch, I was on bedrest for nearly 7 months of my pregnancy. Don’t worry though! Many many IVFers do have sch’s but most resolve with in a couple weeks and almost all resolve by 20 weeks. I can’t believe your dr won’t do a u/s to relive your fear! Yes, I think they should be able to see a sac, a yolk, and perhaps a fetal pole around 5 weeks. My Dr usually does a 5-6 week ultrasound. Also, if you do have an sch, they will see it.

Thank you. I can’t believe your RE is making you wait this long for an U/S! It seems cruel to make you wait that long. I would try calling again and begging for an emergency U/S. Or you could always go to the ER. Even though it isn’t an emergency at this point, they can’t refuse you. And they should definitely be able to see the gestational sac(s) with a transvaginal ultrasound. I will be thinking of you! I go for my U/S tomorrow. Hopefully I will get good news and it will be reassuring for you too :grouphug:

I had a large SCH with my DD. I did not have cramping, but rather one very sharp stabbing kind of pain before the bleeding started. I bled a lot for one day, then heavy spotting for several days. I was out of town on a business trip so I had to wait until I got home to see the Dr. I was put on bedrest for about 10 days and it resolved on it’s own. By my first trimester screen there was no sign that I had even had a large bleed.

I hope you can get in sooner for an u/s. THey would be able to see something. For sure the SCH, and probably also the gestational sac.

[QUOTE=LAMC]wow! congrats on your :preg::preg::preg:triplets! How wonderful! Thank you for the prayers and good wishes. yeah i thought my hcg was very high too. … i only put in 2, day 5 assisted hatch embryos… one was “very pretty” the other looked ok. did you put in three embryos or did one of your eggs split?
I wish you and all the ladies here a happy healthy pregnancy !:babydust:and :bsv:[/QUOTE]
No we put back 4 and got 3 we are blessed.

i found a place in town that does free ultra sound. i am so excited. tomorrow i hope to go get one. This morning i had another bleeding episode. it came on sudden, and it quit suddenly too. it came with slight cramps and after hearing from all you on this forum and google searches, im able to better feel what is going on. ive definitly got a SCH i can almost guarantee. I felt the blood travel up my left fallopian tube and into my abdominal and the cramps were only there on that side… the right side is blocked completly close to uterus so no blood to cause pain / irritation and cramping. although this time was much less painful. ughh its so stressful. i have to lie in bed almost all day in try not to worry. are there any signs of healing at any point? right now ive got brown blood from the bleed out. Today was the first day ive really had food adversions and food craving. i craved mustard and could not stand to look at cheese… which is my fav. food. so hopefully this is a good sign that the baby(s) are still in there and thriving. I will be praying for you to have a very positive ultra sound with a strong heart beat. I will post back what my results are as soon as i know too.

blessed

Yes, you are so indeed blessed and so are your babies… they are so loved. :babydust: I’m so happy for you! Congratulations, Happy and Healthy 9 months!

praying for postive ultra sound

yes, i agree that i should be begging for us, but today was a holiday so i could not do much, but tomorrow i will get a free scan. question is this… with a SCH… is it ok for them to do a pelvic exam or should i tell them no thanks… due to potential risks? i cant wait now to get the ultra sound. i need to know so i can stop the worry and know if i need to do 100 percent bed rest or mostly just take it easy. Thanks for the good wishes. both of us will know our results tomorrow… will be thinking of you too…and hoping for positive for both of us! :babydust:

bed rest, how ever did you manage it?

i dont know how you managed 7 months of bed rest! wow… you are my hero! how did you manage? lots of movies? sleep? did you bleed while on bed rest? tomorrow i shall get answers and will know exactly whats going on. I am so happy to hear / see that you had a positive outcome. right now i think i should be able to enjoy being pregnant for first time … but its hard. i cant even cellebrate. :frowning: ive had ectopics, so ive been pregnant but that was a nightmare experience. i almost died on two accounts. when i ruptured, some of this bleeding brings back all those old memories. ughhh. tryign to stay positive and take it easy… i would love any tips on how to take it easy in bed for so long. thanks for your replies.

[QUOTE=LAMC]i dont know how you managed 7 months of bed rest! wow… you are my hero! how did you manage? lots of movies? sleep? did you bleed while on bed rest? tomorrow i shall get answers and will know exactly whats going on. I am so happy to hear / see that you had a positive outcome. right now i think i should be able to enjoy being pregnant for first time … but its hard. i cant even celebrate. :frowning: ive had ectopics, so ive been pregnant but that was a nightmare experience. i almost died on two accounts. when i ruptured, some of this bleeding brings back all those old memories. ughhh. tryign to stay positive and take it easy… i would love any tips on how to take it easy in bed for so long. thanks for your replies.[/QUOTE]

It was a LONG 7 months. My DD was 3 at the time and my DH works long hours, so my sweet mom moved in to take care of all of us! Otherwise, we may not have had a great outcome! But we did and I am so thankful! To pass the time… I read quite a few books, lots of tv, bought a subscription to People, stared at the ceiling, bought Rosetta Stone Spanish, became a Wheel-of-Fortune pro, made a scrapbook for my 1st born, caught up with every old friend I knew… I was very board and there’s no nice way to put it, but I got by. You know how it is.

I hope that if you do have one, that it is minor and resolves quickly. However, if you have a very large one, please get an MFM who will understand the situation and have better equipment than your reg ob.

Hope all goes well at your u/s today!

Did you get your u/s? I have been thinking of you and :pray: for a positive result! I don’t know about a pelvic exam, I would probably say no thanks and just do a tranvaginal u/s. I had got to my hear my lil bean’s heartbeat yesterday and I’m praying you will get to do the same soon! :grouphug: