Panicing..DH accidently gave me Gonal F shot when I should only get the Trigger shot

I was suppose to do a trigger shot tonight and do iui on Thursday. DH has been giving me my shot since he is a nurse. He gave me the wrong shot - the gonal F. I told him to just go ahead and give me the trigger shot too coz I worry if trigger tomorrow might be too late.

Have anyone did both shot on same day? I am so upset. :grr: I am worry that my cycle is screwed up because of his mistake. I cannot believe he would make this mistake. I talked about trigger all night and how can he give me the gonal F.

I am now all scared if this will mess everything up.

I’m SO sorry… but surely it won’t mess everything up!! I’ll say a prayer that everything works as if it’s supposed to!!

(On the brighter side, at least he made the injection mistake at home with you, rather than something serious at work!!!)

Does you clinic have a night nurse you can call? Our nurse was just telling us the other day that they deal with people giving themselves the wrong shot all the time.

I would definitely call your Doc ASAP, not because I think it screwed everything up for you, but it ispossible that the extra gonal F pushed your follicles ‘over the edge’ so to speak in ripeness and you could ovulate sooner than the average 36 hours after an ovidrel shot. Your doc may tell you to come in tomorrow for the IUI instead of waiting another day. If they don’t have someone on call to speak with tonight, I would call the minute they open up in the AM. I would just hate to have you miss your ovulation. I really don’t think it will screw up the whole cycle, but it could change your timing. It’s worth checking with the Doc as soon as possible! Hope this helps! Good luck to you!

You should definitely call your RE, but I am sure that you didn’t screw up the cycle. It’s not like you had a shot of PIO or Ganirelix or something that would adversely affect ovulation in addition to the trigger. You may have overstimulated your ovaries a bit (read up on and watch out for OHSS), and maybe changed the timing around, but I think you should still be okay as far as the cycle goes.

Kobe,

My last cycle I did Follistm (similar to Gonal-F) in the morning and Trigger at 6pm, follies were 15mm & 12mm. I think you should be ok, your follies weren’t that big, so the Gonal-F would just help stimulate them a bit more.

Good luck to you.

Ladies, Thanks for all the comfort words. I spoke to RE office this morning and they told me it should be ok. She said it should probably just stimulate it a bit more and I am still on schedule for IUI tomorrow at 10:15.

I feel some cramping today and hopefully that is just normal and not that my ovulation trying to start ahead of schedule.

:cross: :cross: it will all be ok.

Good luck with your IUI today. I’m thinking of you!

Looks like you already got some feedback, but just wanted to let you know my RE had me trigger with the Ovidrel and 150iu Follistim (same as Gonal-F). So as your RE told you, you were just a little extra-stimulated, but lots of docs do that anyways.

Best of luck with your IUI and 2ww.

[quote=northstar85]Looks like you already got some feedback, but just wanted to let you know my RE had me trigger with the Ovidrel and 150iu Follistim (same as Gonal-F). So as your RE told you, you were just a little extra-stimulated, but lots of docs do that anyways.

Best of luck with your IUI and 2ww.[/quote]

Thanks. Got my iui done today so hopefully the extra stimulation is all I need. :wink:

:babydust: :babydust: