PCOS and endometriosis

I have PCOS and endometriosis and we have poor sperm motility. I have had one surgery for the endo. I have done three just clomid cycles and 3 clomid iui cycles. Each cycle i had 3 or 4 follicles of good size. I am told I can not do more than 6 cycles of clomid. Now my doctor said I can either do another iui but with injectables or go to IVF. I really do not know what to choose and she tells me its my choice. Am i wasting my time doing iui? Does it make more sense to just move on to ivf? or do i try the injectable and iui? Any advice or experiences is greatly appreciated.

What’s your motility count and progression? If you have at least 20 million total motile sperm with at least a 3- progression post-wash then your odds are still good with IUIs.
We always had less than 5 million motile with a progression of 1+/2- post-wash so it was never going to happen for us by IUI.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Depending on finances and if IVF is covered through insurance? I’d opt for IVF. We completed IUI and a few rounds of medicated / Timed Intercourse cycles. Two were BFP but ended in chemical and Ectopic. Due to my tubal issue we should have gone straight to IVF. But the money wasn’t available at the time. Also, depending on the sperm quality…IUI might give you a chance. Perhaps you can set a goal for how many rounds of IUI you’re willing to do before going back to the drawling board and discussing IVF? [/FONT][/SIZE]

IVF sounds like a good idea :cheer: IUI has a lower success rate than IVF and I have heard that your chances of a successful IUI are lower if you have not achieved a :bfp: after 3 cycles. Good luck with making the decision. It’s a pricey one!

[COLOR=“Indigo”]Me: 33, Mild PCOS
DH: 28, Perfecto
TTC: 3.5 yrs

[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]Spoiled Dog :paw:

[COLOR=“SeaGreen”]Started ferility treatments September 2010
2010 - 3 rounds Clomid :bfn:
2011 - Natural :bfp: - Miscarriage (7wks) :wings:
2012 - 2 rounds Clomid IUI, 1 round Clomid :bfn:

:flower: [COLOR=“DarkOrange”]IVF #1:flower:
1/4 Start BCP
1/16 Baseline US (1 cyst, delay 1wk)
1/23 US (cyst shrunk!, last day BCP)
1/27 Start Stims (gonal f, low does Hcg)
1/30 US, E2 240
1/31 US (40+ follies), E2 505, endo 6
2/1 US (40+ follies), E2 1028, endo 6.5 (start cetrotide)
2/2 US (40+ follies), E2 1085, endo 9
2/3 US (40+ follies), E2 1135, endo 9
2/4 US (40+ follies), E2 1972, endo 9
2/5 US (16 follies (13-16mm) lots smaller), E2 2725, endo 9
2/6 US & E2…:pray: for ER

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

Yes, we did 3 IUIs the first time with DD (first one was non-medicated) and got :preg:on the 3rd one. We had planned at that time to move on to IVF if it didn’t work for me. This time we did 2 IUI/Clomid cycles and when they didn’t work we moved on to IVF. For us the reason we moved on after 2 was we had insurance for 25k of procedures and didn’t want to waste them doing IUI. I stopped after 2 as it gave me 2 IVF cycles paid for. But, depending on the sperm quality you could try one or two more. Its really about your finances and how comfortable you are with moving forward with such a big expense. Good luck:grouphug:

Jenn

[QUOTE=diane2483]I have PCOS and endometriosis and we have poor sperm motility. I have had one surgery for the endo. I have done three just clomid cycles and 3 clomid iui cycles. Each cycle i had 3 or 4 follicles of good size. I am told I can not do more than 6 cycles of clomid. Now my doctor said I can either do another iui but with injectables or go to IVF. I really do not know what to choose and she tells me its my choice. Am i wasting my time doing iui? Does it make more sense to just move on to ivf? or do i try the injectable and iui? Any advice or experiences is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

If you have the money on hand, it might be a good idea to move to IVF. Everyone gave some good advice here, but it’s also important to consider that the clock is ticking.

My insurance paid for iui Meds and IUI’s. We completed 4-5 injetible IUI’s knowing there was little chance of sucsess. We hordes Meds durring this time and didn’t have to buy any out of pocket for our ivf. Just an idea :slight_smile: