PCOS and IVF

Hello all! I am new to the board and just looking for some people to talk about PCOS and IVF with. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 4 years ago. We tried Clomid with Metormin for 3 cycles with no ovulation. I do have a 7 year old daughter naturally from a previous relationship- she is my little miracle baby. I also only weighed about 110 pounds when I conceived her and that is likely a big factor.

We are about to start our first ever IVF cycle. My RE gave me an 85% chance of conception which sounds great; but reading on these boards I se A LOT of woman have failed at multiple IVF’s and that has me scared!

Is there anyone with PCOS that had a success story? My uterus is perfectly healthy it’s just my PCOS that has us at this point. We opted for PCOS versus IUI because we are hoping to freeze embryo’s for future children as well. My insurance does not cover any of this process so I am very nervous after spending $16,000 that it may not work :grr:

Looking for some hope and some people to talk about the process with :slight_smile:

Me: PCOS
1 daughter born 12/14/2005 :cheer:

Husband: Above average fertility
Married: 04/20/2012
Together- 11/10/2008
TTC Naturally- 2010-2012
Clomid Cycles- 50, 100, 150 MG- 2012 :bfn:

Starting IVF # 1 - 08/15
Retreival scheduled- 08/26
Transplant scheduled- 08/29:bsv:

Hi! I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2005, as you can see from my siggy, ,I’ve had 5 children since then. My twins were a result of IUI with injectibles, took us 3 tries. This time around with my triplets, it was our first time doing IVF. I see that you has your retrieval done already. Hope everything is going well!

Oops, haven’t been on this in a while that my siggy is gone! Sorry about that.

[QUOTE=kckelley26;n68630]Hello all! I am new to the board and just looking for some people to talk about PCOS and IVF with. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 4 years ago. We tried Clomid with Metormin for 3 cycles with no ovulation. I do have a 7 year old daughter naturally from a previous relationship- she is my little miracle baby. I also only weighed about 110 pounds when I conceived her and that is likely a big factor.

We are about to start our first ever IVF cycle. My RE gave me an 85% chance of conception which sounds great; but reading on these boards I se A LOT of woman have failed at multiple IVF’s and that has me scared!

Is there anyone with PCOS that had a success story? My uterus is perfectly healthy it’s just my PCOS that has us at this point. We opted for PCOS versus IUI because we are hoping to freeze embryo’s for future children as well. My insurance does not cover any of this process so I am very nervous after spending $16,000 that it may not work :grr:

Looking for some hope and some people to talk about the process with :slight_smile:

Me: PCOS
1 daughter born 12/14/2005 :cheer:

Husband: Above average fertility
Married: 04/20/2012
Together- 11/10/2008
TTC Naturally- 2010-2012
Clomid Cycles- 50, 100, 150 MG- 2012 :bfn:

Starting IVF # 1 - 08/15
Retreival scheduled- 08/26
Transplant scheduled- 08/29:bsv:[/QUOTE]

As you can see from my signature I am still only on injectibles so I don’t have a success story… but my RE wants us to move on to IVF if this cycle and next do not work. The only issue that we have as well is PCOS. I would be curious to know how the whole process has been going for you since I may be doing the same thing in the coming months. I hope the retrieval and & transplant went well. Sending many :babydust::babydust: your way!!!

Thanks ladies!! I ended up with 28 eggs, 22 mature. We got 15 perfect embryos from the 22 was using ICSI. They implanted 2 8 cell embryos yesterday. Now is the big 2ww. The 1 thing I wish someone would have warned me about is OHSS!! Apparently is very common in women with pcos especially if you are under 35- which I am. I have a moderate case and am extremely uncomfortable!!! Foreverhopeful- my re was concerned about me doing injectables as the result of multiples is higher, did yours mention this? I wish you luck!! If you want to know more about my process just let me know :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=kckelley26;n2601381]Thanks ladies!! I ended up with 28 eggs, 22 mature. We got 15 perfect embryos from the 22 was using ICSI. They implanted 2 8 cell embryos yesterday. Now is the big 2ww. The 1 thing I wish someone would have warned me about is OHSS!! Apparently is very common in women with pcos especially if you are under 35- which I am. I have a moderate case and am extremely uncomfortable!!! Foreverhopeful- my re was concerned about me doing injectables as the result of multiples is higher, did yours mention this? I wish you luck!! If you want to know more about my process just let me know :-)[/QUOTE]

Keep us updated

I was diagnosed with PCOS too. So I know exactly how you feel. I underwent medical treatment. Unfortunately it brought no result. We decided not to waste more time and turn to de ivf. Thanks to this forum and very kind lady, we decided to go to Ukraine. The clinic which we chose is called biotexcom. We made some more research on it and after reading more positive reviews and looking through its statistics on different websites with lists of reproductive clinics, we sent message to a manager of this clinic. Our first meeting was a couple of weeks ago. We did all needed medical tests and our doctor gave us treatment plan. So now we are getting ready to embryos transfer! We chose package for €9.900. We chose it because we’ll have 5 attempts of ivf. Also the clinic returns money in case of failure of all tries. I think that’s perfect package and there will be no risk for us. The services were pretty good. We were met in the airport. We had free cab. Our apartment was comfy. Also there was an interpreter, who translated for us. The only thing we disliked was long lines. There were really many people and it was so exhausting to stay in lines for hours. But anyway I think it’s not that bad. The most important is the procedure to be successful!

Hi, hun! Have already shared my story on another thread.
I’m 40 yo, have PCOS. Later added with blocked fallopian tubes. Several rounds of ivf home UK didn’t bring success. I believe due to egg quality. But I’m sure my previous dr had to tell us about it and not let us go from procedure to procedure and just loom our money :eek: Finally I was told 5% after our last cycle failed only getting 1 egg out of me. Then we were going donor that gave us 75%. But I have heard stories where bad responders and low egg reserve people it has worked! It only takes 1 as they say! If we had the money we might have tried again with my eggs but we figured we just wanted to be parents one way or another and that gave us the best chance.
Looking for the clinics which perform de ivf fresh we came across surroparents.org dealing with egg donation and surrogacy. We had our initial consultation absolutely for free and were lucky to get loads of answers to our question list! Later we started the treatment procedure in Ukrainian clinic and soon got our first BFP!
This was the program of 5 ivf shots with donor eggs. All medications and selective reduction included into the package price. The final cost was 9900 euro and not a penny more! Also waiting terms are quite short comparing with those in UK. Our donor matching program was completed less than in 3 weeks!
We’re extremely thankful to the staff working there. Lovely supportive people they are! The place is definitely worth taking into consideration! :wink:

Hi, I have no dir experiences, but you might read lots of successful stories on eggdonationfriends com All the best on yr journey x

Don’t think of anything else just contact priest eka and purchase some of his herbal medication and your depression will go away. This was my state of mind when my doctor told me that i will not be able to concieve due to the Fibroid that was rolling in my family life and when i decide to reach out to the priest, and the priest told me what to do in other to get the medication. Eventually I receive all the Herbal medications that cure my Fibroid and give me the chance to become a proud mother: Eka is a great spiritualist, He did it for me, you can contact Eka on ([email protected]). If you are suffering from the following gynecology disease::

1. Fibroid, Asthma, All STD, sinus infection

2.High Blood Pressure (herbs to reduce your BP within 7days)

1. Infection, regular body pains (yeast infection),urine tract infection.

2. Blockage from the fallopian Tube

3. Cyst from the ovaries

4. Unpleasant smell from the virginal, virginal itching

5. Irregular menstruation

6. Weakness of the penis (not able to have sex with your partner or inability to satisfy your partner sexually)

7. Watering sperm (low sperm count) not able to get woman pregnant.

8. Infertility for easy Conception…

9. Skin diseases, Toilet infection and bad body odor…….Etc…

Simply contact the spiritualist DrEka on ([email protected]) to get his Herbal Medication to cure your disease and put yourself on a motherhood side of life…

I do have a friend with a success of PCOS story. She had been trying to find a baby for over 5 years. It was till when she went to Bio tex in Kiev that she got help. It is not like she never tried to conceive those other days. She did try but the medications were not working. The doctors were just after an IVF procedure. 2 of them did not work out. She was now exhausted spending money on failed procedures. When she went to Bio tex clinic, she was offered the best services. hey were also affordable compared to the first 2 clinics she was at. The IVF was a success and she is now a mother. The first way of avoiding to overspend in fertility treatment is picking a good clinic. This way the chances of having failed procedures are low. You should also eat healthy. So as to reduce the amount of symptoms. Now that you have decided to go for an IUI I wish you the best too. I also had a failed IVF and another failed IUI. It was so disappointing. But after I realized the success of these procedures just depend on the clinic that you are using.

Hello every one, I am here to tell you that PCOS is common problems in woman. So Don’t take tension because Treatment of PCOS[/URL][/B] is available and You can find best treatment services with at affordable price. Visit: [B][URL=‘http://firststepivf.com/’]FirstStepIVF Clinic

I do have a friend with a success of PCOS story. She had been trying to find a baby for over 5 years. It was till when she went to Bio tex in Kiev that she got help. It is not like she never tried to conceive those other days. She did try but the medications were not working. The doctors were just after an IVF procedure. 2 of them did not work out. She was now exhausted spending money on failed procedures. When she went to Bio tex clinic, she was offered the best services. hey were also affordable compared to the first 2 clinics she was at. Actually the clinic is even running out if the economy package for 2018. So you better hurry if at all you will need help there. The IVF was a success and she is now a mother. The first way of avoiding to overspend in fertility treatment is picking a good clinic. This way the chances of having failed procedures are low. You should also eat healthy. So as to reduce the amount of symptoms. Now that you have decided to go for an IUI I wish you the best too. I also had a failed IVF and another failed IUI. It was so disappointing. But after I realized the success of these procedures just depend on the clinic that you are using.